Huntington rescinds mooring contract

Huntington rescinds mooring contract

There are 41 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 18, 2008, titled Huntington rescinds mooring contract. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Town of Huntington board voted unanimously last night to rescind a launch and mooring service contract it awarded to a Northport company last month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Franks Folly

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Mar 18, 2008
This one could open the whole can of worms.
LI Democrat

Bronx, NY

#3 Mar 18, 2008
OH YEAH THERE IS ANOTHER PATRONAGE JOB AND PURCHASE! GET RID OF THAT BOARD AND BOZO.
Moses

Forest Hills, NY

#4 Mar 18, 2008
I think Seymour's has a legitimate case here. Sounds like patronage, nepotism and cronism at it's worst...or best. Elitist reality of Lloyd Harbor.
Franks Failure

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Mar 19, 2008
"We have to do the right thing"? Come on Frank, to do the right thing you were responsible to have the moorings be available with the contract. Instead, you have failed to complete the mandated harbor planning (LWRP) required by the State and have lost millions of dollars in State funding.

After 16 years in office, for you to do the "right thing" you would have to depart like Spitzer.
Another Screw Up

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Mar 19, 2008
"We made a decision to make sure residents were getting the best deal economically"? I wonder if Debra Morris will follow up with the math on Frank's spin?

Let's look at some of the facts.
1. The Town lost the $21,000 contract income per year.
2. The Town does not own a launch or moorings so they will either buy or rent them. Remember the vessel has to be US Coast guard certified and inspected.
3. If the launch requires service or repair, the Town will need a second vessel.
4. The Town will have to hire a US Coast guard Lic. Captain to operate the boat. From 8am to 10 pm, seven days a week, that will be at least 3 new employees.
5. The Town will have additional security responsibilities without the live a board at the dock.
6. No doubt that the Town will try to arrange to obtain the equiptment and services from the previous vender at what additional cost?

Just to name a few for starters.

Make no mistake, many eyes will be watching this "new service"

The boating residents may get the best deal but the taxpayers will get hosed.

By the way, what budget line are these expenses coming from Frank?
Ready or NOT

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Mar 19, 2008
Will the Town have everything in place by April 1st?
What a mess

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Mar 19, 2008
Sounds like Frank should have stayed with the Silly String issue. You know, safety and all.

Remeber the $5 million renovation of the ice rink that is now over $15 million?

Now it's the boaters turn.
Jerks

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Mar 19, 2008
Will they name the new launch after Frank or Mark?
Lastest Scoop

AOL

#11 Mar 19, 2008
To avoid federal safety regulations The Town of Huntington is considering giving free launch service thus avoiding the "passengers for hire" status.

As a tax payer, why should a new select group of boaters be given free service at everyone's expense?
Isn't the Coast Guard Inspection and a licensed captain a prudent for the safety of those passengers?

What a waste of money.
Sinking Ship

AOL

#12 Mar 19, 2008
When Frank Petrone hears that the lawyers are getting involved he tries to figure out how many more tables he can sell at his next FUND RAISER.
Free Boat Rides

AOL

#13 Mar 19, 2008
Hey, will the Town take me out to my boat for free?

I live in Cold Spring Harbor.
Silly String Concerns

AOL

#14 Mar 19, 2008
Will the paint on the new launch be damaged by children with Silly String?

The new launch is painted red! just asking for trouble.

Petrone will have to extend the 1500 foot danger zone from the parade route to the mouth of the harbor to protect the boaters from the devil silly string.
Seriously

AOL

#15 Mar 19, 2008
Both the Huntington Fire Department and the Northport Fire Department have fire boats in both harbors. Will they be protected from the Silly String?

Where is the Town Board when we need them?

Come on Newsday.
Question

AOL

#16 Mar 19, 2008
How many Town Attorneys does it take to write the new Silly String Law?

Answer: ALL OF THEM
Jerks II

Carmel, NY

#17 Mar 19, 2008
I know they wont name it the Harry...that seems to be the sinking ship
Gad fly

AOL

#18 Mar 19, 2008
Will someone please wake up the County DA, State Comptroller or State Attorney General. When will the madness stop?
Wooden Shoe Expert

AOL

#19 Mar 19, 2008
Word in Town Hall is that Frank Petrone is considering hirering Eliot $pizter as $pecial Out$ide Coun$el. He feels we haven't had a good sex scandal since they set up the last Councilwoman.
Town Ready by April 7th

AOL

#20 Mar 19, 2008
Don't believe everything you read in Newsday
Sinking Ship

AOL

#21 Mar 19, 2008
Tell them about the discount Harry
Wrong Answers

AOL

#22 Mar 19, 2008
Debra Morris,

How many years have these Town officials been in office?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lloyd Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Aug 10 CarolineFinnen 69
News South Huntington farm now gives special ed. stu... Aug 2 if only 1
Village of Northport Police (Dec '08) Jul '17 Rick E Kasso 17
News Cops: Office manager billed employer for fake s... (Jan '08) Jul '17 BradyGOAT12 30
News Long Island Civil Air Patrol Officer Recognized... Jul '17 Tom Montalbano 1
News Pet food recall sparks panic among owners (Mar '07) Jun '17 Rachel 106
News Heartland hearing shows local support Jun '17 real criminals 8

Lloyd Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lloyd Harbor Mortgages