It's all about posturing

It's all about posturing

There are 22 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 28, 2008, titled It's all about posturing. In it, Newsday reports that:

This is a bill that should have had the good grace to stay dead. Now, like a vampire imperfectly slain, it arises from the coffin and roams the land.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
press 1 for english

Tucson, AZ

#21 Apr 29, 2008
Allan wrote:
I am still waiting for names and addresses of all those who want to trade places with those undocumented immigrants who are getting such a great deal. Your names...just your names and addresses and we'll get you set up with an immigrants life for a month...maybe just for a week, because from the sound of your whining, you couldn't work that hard for the "great deal" they are getting. Either trade places with those who are getting a "great deal" or shut up!
My fat cat stays home and sleeps all day and gets food served to him. He does have to use his tongue as toilet paper, but otherwise he has an easy life. I still don't want to trade places with him.

For the record, many American citizens have to work HARDER then your imaginary super-immigrant does. Many immigrants only work 2 or 3 days a week and CHOOSE to sleep 10 to a room. They CHOOSE this lifestyle so they can send the MONEY back HOME, where their family will live RICH.

Do the math.$2000 US dollars a year is what the average Mexican family makes in Mexico. If a Mexican here can make that off the books in two monthsand send it home, how much does he have work when his living expenses are divided by 10 other amigos?

Quit your nonsense, Allen. You have no clue what you are talking about. When the immigrants start coming over legally, learn English, and assimilate, then you can talk about how hard it was for them. But you would only be preaching to the choir, as every American I know is working their azz off.
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#22 Apr 29, 2008
Allan wrote:
I am still waiting for names and addresses of all those who want to trade places with those undocumented immigrants who are getting such a great deal. Your names...just your names and addresses and we'll get you set up with an immigrants life for a month...maybe just for a week, because from the sound of your whining, you couldn't work that hard for the "great deal" they are getting. Either trade places with those who are getting a "great deal" or shut up!
Allan, How about you sneak across the border into Mexico and try to live, get a job, get healthcare and all in Mexico. Then get back to us.

You're missing the point. We are not enablers. We don't want to make illegal's life better. We want them to be rounded up and deported.

And they're not "undocumented" like you and your liberal friends at Newsday insist, they are illegally here. I'm sure that they all have documentstion in the country that they belong! Our goal is to return them to there.

And as far as you "setting us up in an immigrant's life"... what a joke. The closest you've probably come to an immigrant is watching your landscaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lloyd Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cancers around Cerro Wire (Feb '08) Sat Randi 16
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Aug 10 CarolineFinnen 69
News South Huntington farm now gives special ed. stu... Aug 2 if only 1
Village of Northport Police (Dec '08) Jul '17 Rick E Kasso 17
News Cops: Office manager billed employer for fake s... (Jan '08) Jul '17 BradyGOAT12 30
News Long Island Civil Air Patrol Officer Recognized... Jul '17 Tom Montalbano 1
News Pet food recall sparks panic among owners (Mar '07) Jun '17 Rachel 106

Lloyd Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lloyd Harbor Mortgages