Vanderbilt needs boost

Vanderbilt needs boost

There are 1 comment on the Newsday story from Nov 19, 2008, titled Vanderbilt needs boost. In it, Newsday reports that:

The battle over the Vanderbilt Museum in Centerport is in part an echo of Washington's bailout mania and in part a blamefest over the hard times the museum now faces.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

John360

Newark, NJ

#1 Nov 19, 2008
This is a ridiculous editorial...over the years museums and cultural institutions have been raked over the coals for relying too much on government funding, so they built endowments, raised admission fees, held fund raising events and other revenue generating activities. Now you go criticize these institutions for overreliance on endowments! You don't want them to rely on the taxpayer or endowments and they can't raise admission fees too high, lest no one be able to afford it. You've got them in a real Catch-22!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lloyd Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FHA Mortgage Focus Fuels Lend America's Rise (Jan '09) Sep 22 BRIAN FRIED Inven... 835
News Police: 6 teens go missing from Mercy First gro... Sep 17 tom montalbano 1
The old Bayville (Sep '07) Aug '17 NEMGH 72
Cancers around Cerro Wire (Feb '08) Aug '17 Randi 16
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Hicksville (Feb '14) Aug '17 CarolineFinnen 69
News South Huntington farm now gives special ed. stu... Aug '17 if only 1
News Huntington to install metal detectors at town hall (Jul '15) Aug '15 mjjcpa 2

Lloyd Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lloyd Harbor Mortgages