final presidential debate, Barack Oba...

final presidential debate, Barack Obama, John McCain, Hofstra U...

There are 33 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 8, 2008, titled final presidential debate, Barack Obama, John McCain, Hofstra U.... In it, Newsday reports that:

The calls and e-mails began almost immediately after Hofstra University was tapped to host next week's third, and final, presidential debate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim

Jamaica, NY

#23 Oct 9, 2008
Cooper Union wrote:
Can't get tickets to see the circus over at Hofstra?
Then come listen to someone willing to speak the truth and who is offering America hope instead of lies, empty promises and more politics as usual.
On Wed. Oct. 15th, 6pm candidate Ralph Nader will be speaking in NYC
at Cooper Union, Great Hall
7 East 7th St. at 3rd Ave. NY, NY 10003.$5/10 Contributions are requested
Unlike the Gym at Hofstra, the Great Hall of The Cooper Union has stood for more than a century as a bastion of free speech and a witness to the flow of American History and ideas.
The Great Hall was the platform for some of the earliest workers' rights campaigns and for the birth of the NAACP, the women's suffrage movement and the American Red Cross. To the Great Hall's podium has come a pageant of famous Americans¬órebels and reformers, poets and presidents. Before they were elected, Presidents Lincoln, Grant, Cleveland, Taft and Theodore Roosevelt all spoke there.
[email protected]
Nader is responsible for more pollution and poisoning of the atmosphere than any man alive.

Had he not run for president in 2000 then Gore - the most environmentalist candidate in history - would have won.

Instead, the biggest polluter did...and all because Nader and his ego put themselves before the country, the planet and the human race.

Shame on him.
observer

Sea Cliff, NY

#24 Oct 9, 2008
These so-called "debates" are anything but... when is the last time any of us actually watched the two candidates actually "debating" with each other. All Ive seen are silly generic questions with silly talking point answers, repeated over and over. I would like to hear a 'platform' of 5-10 desired accomplishments by either of these guys while they have their 4 years. What is it, they want to 'preside' over as 'president', and what will be their legacy? etc. etc. you know, something we can use to vote with, instead of 'likeability, gaffability, or theatrics for TV. If so many people want tickets to this 'show', why didnt the Debat Commission hold it in a stadium? Yankee" Shea? Lincoln Center? the Garden?, the Meadowlands? Hello?
Kkirshner

Peekskill, NY

#25 Oct 9, 2008
I spent a fortune with fully paid student loans paid at great sacrifice by me over years to earn my MBA with distinction at Hofstra and received the BGS Medal for outstanding academic achievement, excellent character and social reponsiblity, and Oct. 15 is my true birthday, so do you mean I could not get a ticket to see the debate live?! I love Barack Obama and I am White and now have a second Masters degree and was treated brutally in the NYCBOE system and lied about to prevent my tenure, and I am therefore unemployed now, and I don't own a home and lost a fortune for now in the stock markets as I wait for a turnaround, and I can't get a break?! If anyone deserves one, I do!!! I gave a large contribution to the Obama campaign before I became unemployed. Can't I get the birthday present of a debate ticket from my alma mater?
Kkirshner

Peekskill, NY

#26 Oct 9, 2008
Who must I contact at Hofstra for a ticket to the event, at least to ask? It doesn't hurt to ask.

I am surrounded by hypocritical Republicans. Actually 3/5 are voting for Obama, and the others claim it makes no difference. It makes a huge difference as we see now in our economy and with this never ending war, and with the greed and mishandling of funds by corporations and those who entertain the demands of lobbyists.
smartie

Fairfield, CT

#27 Oct 9, 2008
noone from Long Island will be allowed to watch the debate at Hofstra.
Kyle

Honolulu, HI

#28 Oct 9, 2008
Obama picked the campus for the debate. They have the best coke around.
Reality

Edison, NJ

#29 Oct 9, 2008
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Nader is responsible for more pollution and poisoning of the atmosphere than any man alive.
Had he not run for president in 2000 then Gore - the most environmentalist candidate in history - would have won.
Instead, the biggest polluter did...and all because Nader and his ego put themselves before the country, the planet and the human race.
Shame on him.
You're dillussional.
Get over it Jim.
Nader has done more for environmental issues than Al Gore.

Gore lost simply cause he blew it.
He did in fact win the popular vote but because of the Electoral college and the Florida voting scam (& Gores lack of fighting the recount issue) he blew the election.
For Pete sake Gore couldn't even carry his own state!

In the 2000 presidential election in Florida, George W. Bush defeated Al Gore by 537 votes. Nader received 97,421 votes. In fact, ALL SEVEN of the other third-party candidates on the ballot in Florida each received more than 537 votes.

Last time I checked we still live in a Democracy and I supported the best man for the Presidency,
I think it was YOU who wasted your vote when you choose Gore.
After all Al Gore sold his soul to corporate America just the same as Obama and McCain have.
McBigot McSlur

Port Washington, NY

#30 Oct 10, 2008
My friends, they have gone beyond sleazy.

It is time for them to either actively recant and renounce the shyte spouted by them and their "supporters" or own up to being the ethically and morally bankrupt bigots, slurs and shills they appear to be.
Long Islander

Sea Cliff, NY

#31 Oct 10, 2008
This will be a great show..but you must all readily realize that this race is long over. Has been for some time now. The fish is stinking, and a fish stinks from the head. The people are saying: "off with their heads"... a littany of failures from dealing unfairly with hanging chads right through our current market crash due to "credit default swaps". Gimme a break. This is funny,if it were'nt so serious. How come the current Admin hasnt ridden off into the sunset with its tails between their legs yet??- and the GOPs next watch representative (my Party by the way) is still talking about old aquaintances of his opponent as a campaign platform amidst this global catastrophe??? you have got to be kidding me - you just cant make this stuff up. Books are being written about this, as we speak. Amazing stuff.
Barbie in Chains

Port Washington, NY

#32 Oct 10, 2008
Back to Washedup, Alaska in chains, oh intellectually, mortally and ethically bankrupt one!
misguidedDirecto rs

United States

#33 Oct 11, 2008
Hey Hofstra, What a colossal waste of time and money. You are a place of learning, not a political forum. What gives? If you want to be a national University, improve the level of your freshman applicants and your teachers. Thats all thats needed. Think about how the money spent on this show you are putting on could have been spent as grants to some promising students from low income areas... advertise that, your ROI down the road will be far greater..

Since: Jun 08

Jersey City, New Jersey

#34 Oct 11, 2008
..Think McCain will be smart enough to stay home and watch it on TV ?.?
..Half of the debate will be his the talk of Ayers being a terrorist and how Obama sides with him.. After that there will be a vacuum of McCain trying to think of something to say.
..OR he will talk about his wonderful plan to spend $300 Billion Dollars and buy out the bad mortgages at face value so the mortgage lenders don't lose any money. Re-finance them with the same buyers who defaulted and at a lower rate - the same people who didn't read the fine print and believed in santa claus - that everything would be fine ( buying twice the home that they could affford.

Since: Jun 08

Jersey City, New Jersey

#36 Oct 11, 2008
...$560 Billion Dollars for the "WARS"
...$700 Billion Dollars for
the Wall Street Bailout.
...$110 Billion Dollars for the
Traitors in Washington
(Pork Diet)
...$300 Billion Dollars for McCain's
Plan.
..Eight Years ago When George Bush Took Office there was a surplus.
and what have the people gotten ?.? Alberto Gonzales -.- Karl Rove -.- Abramoff -.- Scooter Libby -.- AND -.- we lost face all around the world
NO WMD's -.- GITMO -.- ILLEGAL RENDITIONS -.- TORTURE -.- ILLEGAL WIRETAPS.
..Lets not forget the republicans who granted George Bush Immunity for torture Retro-Actively & IMMUNITY FOR ILLEGAL WIRETAPS ( the telecon immunity was more for "President Bush" than the executives -.- he would have lost his ranch and kinnebunkport - the immunity worked very well for him ).
..The TRAITORS Of Washington Have Done A Wonderful Job - voting themselves pay raises whenever they wanted - world's best healthcare - world's best pension
T R A I T O R S plain and simple
..THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lloyd Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fredrick's Restaurant May 21 annonomous 1
Huntigton murder of Melvin Cortes on mothers day (May '06) May 20 Mad 33
Cancers around Cerro Wire (Feb '08) May 19 Evelyn 11
New York City Correction Officers Vs. Police Of... (Sep '07) May 16 NYPD94 114
News A draining experience - (Aug '07) May 11 Rist 21
News It Turns Out, You Can Quantify Confidence May 6 Bruce 1
News Brooklyn man arrested in robbery of gold dealer... Apr 29 commodity broker 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lloyd Harbor Mortgages