final presidential debate, Barack Oba...

final presidential debate, Barack Obama, John McCain, Hofstra U...

There are 33 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 8, 2008, titled final presidential debate, Barack Obama, John McCain, Hofstra U.... In it, Newsday reports that:

The calls and e-mails began almost immediately after Hofstra University was tapped to host next week's third, and final, presidential debate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jon cooper

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 8, 2008
may the custest boy win
JAG

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Oct 8, 2008
Typical behavior of self-important trash Long Islanders who think they're the center of the universe. "Oh but I know so and so I'm entitled to go to the debate"
Far sighted

Berlin, MA

#4 Oct 8, 2008
My Friends

Port Washington, NY

#5 Oct 8, 2008
McCain and Palin are only lying when their lips move.
Cooper Union

Edison, NJ

#6 Oct 8, 2008
jon cooper wrote:
may the custest boy win
"cute" isn't going to save our nation.
Cooper Union

Edison, NJ

#7 Oct 8, 2008
My Friends wrote:
McCain and Palin are only lying when their lips move.
Same with Obama and Biden.
Sensible One

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#8 Oct 8, 2008
Oh please, what's the use of even attending this charade? They'll be busing in half the population of Hempstead, much to the dismay of many Hofstra students who would like to attend the debate, and all the hooting and hollering and cheerleading for the anointed one Obama will pretty much set the stage. I hope he brings his financial adviser Franklin Raines who heisted millions from Fannie Mae before checking out.
Cooper Union

Edison, NJ

#10 Oct 8, 2008
Can't get tickets to see the circus over at Hofstra?

Then come listen to someone willing to speak the truth and who is offering America hope instead of lies, empty promises and more politics as usual.

On Wed. Oct. 15th, 6pm candidate Ralph Nader will be speaking in NYC
at Cooper Union, Great Hall
7 East 7th St. at 3rd Ave. NY, NY 10003.$5/10 Contributions are requested

Unlike the Gym at Hofstra, the Great Hall of The Cooper Union has stood for more than a century as a bastion of free speech and a witness to the flow of American History and ideas.
The Great Hall was the platform for some of the earliest workers' rights campaigns and for the birth of the NAACP, the women's suffrage movement and the American Red Cross. To the Great Hall's podium has come a pageant of famous Americans¬órebels and reformers, poets and presidents. Before they were elected, Presidents Lincoln, Grant, Cleveland, Taft and Theodore Roosevelt all spoke there.

[email protected]
Hofstra Student

Bronx, NY

#11 Oct 8, 2008
The tickets should really be restricted to Hofstra students only, not random Long Islanders who grew up with Suozzi. I'm glad these people are being told no.
nomac

Bronx, NY

#12 Oct 8, 2008
who cares mccain and the pig with lipstick have already said enough,bye bye john and "how ya doin."
objective

Edison, NJ

#13 Oct 8, 2008
I hope somebody asks these two clowns why they handed over $700+ billion in a bailout without so much as bothering to have public hearings?
It's OUR money not theirs.

If you were a business owner and you had an employee who stole from you would you reward him with a promotion and a raise?

If you support either of these two candidates please ask yourselves honestly does either one truly deserve to be our next President?
Reality

Edison, NJ

#14 Oct 8, 2008
Since the Democrat and Republican run Committee on Presidential debates refuses to allow you to hear him I would like to share with you this C-SPAN interview of Candidate Ralph Nader:

rtsp://video1.c-span.org/archi ve/c08/c08_070208_nader.rm

It runs 30 minutes & requires Real Media
Reality

Edison, NJ

#15 Oct 8, 2008
My apologies
Correct link can be viewed here:
http://www.c-span.org/search.aspx... (I)"
Rob

New York, NY

#16 Oct 9, 2008
At this point, it doesn't matter. I tried all 3 debates. I had to quit watching all of them after about 10-15 minutes. There is no real substance in there answers. It doesn't matter who wins anymore. This country is screwed for the next 3-5 years. If the banks didn't give away mortgages like they give away car loans we would be fine. 5 years ago when I got my apartment they told me I could've bought a house with my credit score (around 750 at the time). I did not have the 10% (about 40,000 or more) which should be mandatory. Many banks let that slide. Blame the people who buy the houses w/o realizing - oh yeah taxes,water, and heat on top of maintenance and mortgage, as well as the banks. I think the banks need an overseeing organization when it comes to mortgages. No politician knows what to do with this. Hopefully we're not going into another Depression. Vote for Eric Cartman. He'll take care of all problems.
Nosie

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Oct 9, 2008
Why doesnt Suozzi do the right thing and give his tickets to two poor children from Roosevelt. Imagine that, after eight years, Suozzi doing something for the common good.

If he doesnt give them away, he'll push the Secret Service out of the way for a photo op with Barack Obama. If Obama, has any decency, he'll ask Tommy to shine his shoes first.
Go Obama

Oceanside, NY

#18 Oct 9, 2008
We need to get rid of the current admin, let them reinvent themselves to reflect the middle class better.
Ah Well

Fairfield, CT

#19 Oct 9, 2008
I couldn't figure out why Hofstra. Maybe Obama is staying with his cousins in Hempstead while his wife frolicks in Uniondale. Convenience???
smartie

Fairfield, CT

#20 Oct 9, 2008
Shut up. if you couldn't watch more than 15 minutes of the very informative debates, you have no business here. Go ask your mommy to wipe your lil tushy now.
Rob wrote:
At this point, it doesn't matter. I tried all 3 debates. I had to quit watching all of them after about 10-15 minutes. There is no real substance in there answers. It doesn't matter who wins anymore. This country is screwed for the next 3-5 years. If the banks didn't give away mortgages like they give away car loans we would be fine. 5 years ago when I got my apartment they told me I could've bought a house with my credit score (around 750 at the time). I did not have the 10%(about 40,000 or more) which should be mandatory. Many banks let that slide. Blame the people who buy the houses w/o realizing - oh yeah taxes,water, and heat on top of maintenance and mortgage, as well as the banks. I think the banks need an overseeing organization when it comes to mortgages. No politician knows what to do with this. Hopefully we're not going into another Depression. Vote for Eric Cartman. He'll take care of all problems.
Bill

Jamaica, NY

#21 Oct 9, 2008
Cooper Union wrote:
<quoted text>
"cute" isn't going to save our nation.
Apparantly McCain thinks so. Hence, the choice of Alaska State Milf as his running mate.
Seth

Jamaica, NY

#22 Oct 9, 2008
Nosie wrote:
Why doesnt Suozzi do the right thing and give his tickets to two poor children from Roosevelt. Imagine that, after eight years, Suozzi doing something for the common good.
If he doesnt give them away, he'll push the Secret Service out of the way for a photo op with Barack Obama. If Obama, has any decency, he'll ask Tommy to shine his shoes first.
Find therapy before it's too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lloyd Harbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: 240 Auto Body Inc (Jan '11) Dec 3 John 25
News Standoff ends peacefully in Huntington (May '08) Dec 1 Larry Joe 86
News Hit-and-run victim dies - (Nov '07) Nov 18 Mommaslovenevrdies 16
News New Asharoken mayor: more changes on way (Jul '08) Nov 17 Lisa Schaefer 68
Review: Paula S. Gilbert, LMHC (Apr '15) Nov 13 Disgusted 5
News E. Northport man arrested as cops shut down fir... (Jul '08) Nov 12 bigt 106
News Cops: Office manager billed employer for fake s... (Jan '08) Nov 12 dippity doo 29

Lloyd Harbor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lloyd Harbor Mortgages