15-year-old Livonia girl hospitalized...

15-year-old Livonia girl hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, tw...

There are 17 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Jun 3, 2009, titled 15-year-old Livonia girl hospitalized for alcohol poisoning, tw.... In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Two men were arrested Monday for unlawfully dealing with a child after a 15-year-old girl was found unconscious and intoxicated at a Livonia park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

customer

Rush, NY

#1 Jun 3, 2009
Nothing like drinking with a few 15 and 16 year olds when you're 21 huh?
Allison

Webster, NY

#2 Jun 3, 2009
Sounds like they all grow up!
Allison

Webster, NY

#3 Jun 3, 2009
Oops... I meant, it sounds like they all NEED to grow up!
No Lamb

Rochester, NY

#4 Jun 3, 2009
That poor, innocent 15-year-old child. I sure hope they remember to remove the funnel from her mouth.
bigsingle

Rochester, NY

#5 Jun 3, 2009
customer wrote:
Nothing like drinking with a few 15 and 16 year olds when you're 21 huh?
Sounds like getting minors drunk to comit other acts. Hum?

One of the oldest tricks in the book for perverts and people who take advantage of vulnarable teens.

Since: May 09

Avon, NY

#6 Jun 3, 2009
I'm waiting for the first Moron to come on and say "It's No Big Deal"
reality

Victor, NY

#7 Jun 3, 2009
The 21yr old needs to be charged with something but so does the 15yr old and her parents. I have 3 teenage under 19 girls and I know where they are at every given moment.
Bonnie

Williamson, NY

#8 Jun 3, 2009
reality wrote:
The 21yr old needs to be charged with something but so does the 15yr old and her parents. I have 3 teenage under 19 girls and I know where they are at every given moment.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say the same thing. What in the hell is wrong with parents these days, not knowing where and with whom they are with? Her parents need to be charged as well for being idiots and endangering the welfare of a child for allowing her to roam the streets and drinking.
too funny

Rochester, NY

#9 Jun 3, 2009
reality
Hilton, NY
|Report Abuse |#7 1 hr ago
"The 21yr old needs to be charged with something but so does the 15yr old and her parents. I have 3 teenage under 19 girls and I know where they are at every given moment."

I completely doubt that you really know. Your children are surely lying to you many times about what they are doing and with whom. Or do you have a tracking beacon implanted on the back of their necks?

Tell me the 15 year old didn't lie to her parents and say she was at a 'friends' house.

Any friend can take the call of a parent and pretend to be the 'parent of the friend' your teen is with.

This 15 year olds' parents are not too blame for the poor decision of the child. I'm sure that the negative comments and rude remarks about the parents are really appreciated by the parents right now too. If it isn't enough to have something happen to your child, now be a total jerk to the parents and the child.

The 15 year old hopefully, will make a complete recovery.
customer

Rush, NY

#10 Jun 3, 2009
Bonnie wrote:
<quoted text>You took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to say the same thing. What in the hell is wrong with parents these days, not knowing where and with whom they are with? Her parents need to be charged as well for being idiots and endangering the welfare of a child for allowing her to roam the streets and drinking.
What if the parents did know where she was? It was 5 in the afternoon, and she was at a park. If you daughter told you she was going to the park at 5pm and next thing you know she's in the hospital would you expect to be charged with "being an idiot" or "endangering the welfare of a child?"

Common people think a little. Maybe this is the parent's fault but it's not because they let her "roam the streets" she was in a park on a nice, sunny afternoon for all they know.
reality

Victor, NY

#11 Jun 3, 2009
too funny wrote:
reality
Hilton, NY
|Report Abuse |#7 1 hr ago
"The 21yr old needs to be charged with something but so does the 15yr old and her parents. I have 3 teenage under 19 girls and I know where they are at every given moment."
I completely doubt that you really know. Your children are surely lying to you many times about what they are doing and with whom. Or do you have a tracking beacon implanted on the back of their necks?
Tell me the 15 year old didn't lie to her parents and say she was at a 'friends' house.
Any friend can take the call of a parent and pretend to be the 'parent of the friend' your teen is with.
This 15 year olds' parents are not too blame for the poor decision of the child. I'm sure that the negative comments and rude remarks about the parents are really appreciated by the parents right now too. If it isn't enough to have something happen to your child, now be a total jerk to the parents and the child.
The 15 year old hopefully, will make a complete recovery.
First of all I am sure her parents are with her in the hospital and not reading this blog. Second of all I do know my kids are where they are supposed to be because I raised them right. The key is to start at day one, not try and be their friend and when they are teens attempt to put some rules on them. The parents knew their 15 yr old was hanging around with a 21 yr old case closed. A well raised 15yr old does not break character and just all of a sudden start hanging out with 21yr olds. I am sure this is has been a pattern growing since she was a child. Give your kids self worth, pride and a good set of morals and this wont happen. Oh and parents dont abuse alcohol and your kids wont.
Common sense

Penn Yan, NY

#12 Jun 3, 2009
I was drinking experimently at 15 and so wasnt most of you liars, so basic conclusion of this would be- the 21 year old was being a creep- the 16 year old was being a 16 year old- and the 15 year old was being a typical product of humanity which is stupid, desperate, and seeking fun!!! no one to blame but (everything)
too funny

Rochester, NY

#13 Jun 3, 2009
Reality in Hilton, NY...

The parents may not be reading, but family and friends are, so give them a break.

ALL KIDS LIE. even yours.:)

yes, your little characters are deceiving you on a regular basis. Sooner or later, you will find out.

How many kids don't tell white lies, or twist things with their parents?

She was in a park in the daytime so there's no saying she didn't tell where she was, just maybe left out some details.
reality

Victor, NY

#14 Jun 4, 2009
too funny wrote:
Reality in Hilton, NY...
The parents may not be reading, but family and friends are, so give them a break.
ALL KIDS LIE. even yours.:)
yes, your little characters are deceiving you on a regular basis. Sooner or later, you will find out.
How many kids don't tell white lies, or twist things with their parents?
She was in a park in the daytime so there's no saying she didn't tell where she was, just maybe left out some details.
OK If it makes everyone sleep better at night ALL KIDS ARE BAD. THEY LIE, THEY DRINK AND THEY HANG OUT WITH OLDER MEN. I am sick of trying to be polite around people who have bad kids so they dont feel bad about themselves. I know they dont want to believe it but there are parents out there who have raised kids who dont do the things we have been mentioning. It is so self serving to believe that my kids are bad too and I am just ignorant. There are plenty of signs that your kid could be engaging in bad behavior all you have to do is pay attention. I know there are reasons why people don't notice these signs and the reasons are not all wrong(ie working 2-3 jobs, single parent etc) but the reality is as a parent you take credit for the good behaviors and you MUST take credit for the bad behaviors. We all know this was not her first time drinking with a 21 yr old.

Since: May 09

Avon, NY

#15 Jun 4, 2009
I won't mention any names but what these others keep saying sounds like another story that has happened recently where the Girl is now missing! If the Parents there has really watched and listened instead of ASSuming her whereabouts.
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
OK If it makes everyone sleep better at night ALL KIDS ARE BAD. THEY LIE, THEY DRINK AND THEY HANG OUT WITH OLDER MEN. I am sick of trying to be polite around people who have bad kids so they dont feel bad about themselves. I know they dont want to believe it but there are parents out there who have raised kids who dont do the things we have been mentioning. It is so self serving to believe that my kids are bad too and I am just ignorant. There are plenty of signs that your kid could be engaging in bad behavior all you have to do is pay attention. I know there are reasons why people don't notice these signs and the reasons are not all wrong(ie working 2-3 jobs, single parent etc) but the reality is as a parent you take credit for the good behaviors and you MUST take credit for the bad behaviors. We all know this was not her first time drinking with a 21 yr old.
True American

United States

#16 Jun 4, 2009
Interesting. Half you people are acting link the girl was 10 and the guy was 45. There was a 6 year age difference and it was drinking. Get a grip.
reality

Victor, NY

#17 Jun 4, 2009
True American wrote:
Interesting. Half you people are acting link the girl was 10 and the guy was 45. There was a 6 year age difference and it was drinking. Get a grip.
Obviously you are not a parent. Certainly not a parent of a teen girl. You can't unring the bell when something bad happens so as a parent you are bound by ensuring things like this do not happen. You have to wonder why a loser 21 yr is hanging with young kids. I am guessing their maturity, or lack there of, prevents him from socializing with people his own age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livonia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Kerry Ripley Apr 3 Joe Schwartz 1
News Building Contractor Guilty of Fraud (Sep '09) Apr 1 mvzbrs 20
News Immigrant family's detention prompts angry demo... Mar '17 IescapedNY 7
Family court (Dec '11) Mar '17 a lot on this judge 48
News Genesee Brewing caught up in debate over 'craft... Feb '17 Ha Bot 5
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Nov '16 reasonvoice 27
Kevin Neenan not being retained as varsity base... (Aug '11) Aug '16 Bj bean 7

Livonia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Livonia Mortgages