Sadler Smackdown of 2012
Hmmmm

Stanfield, NC

#216 Jan 3, 2013
[QUOTE who=" David II coulda killed that old man. What a creep.[/QUOTE]

Has Doc had surgery on the shoulder? What happens if the old man who has a pacemaker doesn't come out of surgery? That's scary stuff!!
Hmmmm

Stanfield, NC

#217 Jan 3, 2013
Cynthia Bowman wrote:
Tyler,
I have never attacked your Mom. I pray for her every night and think of her every day. This is my family and posting dirty laundry so a bunch of fucking cowards can go out and talk shit is not cool. That is my sister, my niece, my nephew and my brother! Nobody tries to help, they just want to make it worse! And I understand you defending your Mom. I would be dissappointed if you didn't but how about doing something positive to improve the situation and not stoke the fire?
Aunt Cindy
You might be claiming to be a Christian that "prays" every night, but EVERYTHING that is done in the dark will be exposed to the LIGHT. The TRUE LIGHT!!! Religion will get us NOWHERE. OnLy the UNCONDITIONAL LIVE OF GOD that came through Jesus Christ. May Gods mercy which is new EVERY MORNING come to ALL INVOLVED. My heart breaks for both sides. The devil came to kill, steal and destroy and it seems he has stolen generations from this family. God help us all as a society!!
ceecee

Monroe, TN

#218 Jan 4, 2013
when is the court date for them ??????????
anyone know????????? anyone know how doc is doing?
Is he still an alderman?
Linda Little

Lincoln, NE

#219 Jan 4, 2013
We appreciate the thoughts, prayers and well wishes from so many of you for my Uncle Dock. Our family asks you to keep him in you prayers as his recovery will be lengthy and difficult at his age and with his existing health conditions.....The Littles
want to know

Bothell, WA

#220 Jan 5, 2013
anybody know how many years david sadler will get in the state pen for assault?
reality

Livingston, TN

#222 Jan 6, 2013
When is their court date?
Its in the paper

Livingston, TN

#223 Jan 6, 2013
Court date is tuesday, the 8th, but that's just to get another court date pretty much.
Beth

Jamestown, TN

#224 Jan 6, 2013
Its in the paper wrote:
Court date is tuesday, the 8th, but that's just to get another court date pretty much.
I hear the Jerry Springer show is sending a crew just in case another smackdown breaks out!
deadbeats

Rickman, TN

#225 Jan 6, 2013
I thought that you had to sign a moral clause when u were hired as a teacher in overton co.if so I don't think the board has to do anything ,but wait till it goes thru the courts ,and then it takes care of its self
chet

Monroe, TN

#226 Jan 6, 2013
School Board Meeting is tomorrow night 1/7/2013 I think. Can anyone tell me if that's right or not?
Beth

Jamestown, TN

#227 Jan 6, 2013
chet wrote:
School Board Meeting is tomorrow night 1/7/2013 I think. Can anyone tell me if that's right or not?
Give one of the school board members a call. All of their phone numbers are listed every week in the OC News.
Enterprise

Charlotte, NC

#228 Jan 7, 2013
School board meeting in progress.

Watch Overton County School Board Meeting 01/07/2013 on Livestream: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1970746/ev...
blue

Livingston, TN

#229 Jan 8, 2013
nothing will be done to any of them. david shouldn't be allowed to keep driving a school bus and the wife shouldn't be allowed to keep teaching. neither one will lose their jobs with the school system, the school system is a joke. doc and the kid that got hurt should get lawyers and go after the salders.
done

Rickman, TN

#230 Jan 8, 2013
Talked with several school board members ,they say that it has to go thru court system so then if charged or convicted its automatic dismissal,so thanks for posting the numbers
want to know

Bothell, WA

#231 Jan 9, 2013
oh lord, is he and his wife going to lose their jobs?
Robert

Livingston, TN

#232 Jan 9, 2013
want to know wrote:
oh lord, is he and his wife going to lose their jobs?
No! They wil not loose their jobs. They will probably keep putting it off until it is dropped. I think they are waiting on a date for another judge to try it. There will never be anything done about it.
clueless

Monroe, TN

#233 Jan 9, 2013
Correction
Tuesday, January 08 2013, 13:06
The December 25 front page article, in the print edition of Overton County News, on charges brought from a December 14 fight at Overton County Justice Center listed David Sadler II as a local business owner. He does not own a business. When he was running for alderman in livingston he stated that he owned 2 buisineeses in Livingston TN.

interesting

Monroe, TN

#234 Jan 9, 2013
Sadler announces bid for re-election as alderman
Tuesday, 15 May 2012 10:23
David Sadler II has informed Overton County News that he is making a bid for re-election to the Board of Aldermen for Livingston. Following is his statement:

“I, David L. Sadler II would like to take this opportunity to announce my candidacy for re-election as alderman in the upcoming City of Livingston Election on June 6, 2012.

“I am the son of Pam and David Sadler, Sr., and the grandson of the late John and Mary Sadler of Livingston. I am married to Melody Hooks Sadler of Rickman. She is the daughter of Jim Hooks, of Livingston, and Carolyn White, of Cookeville. Together, we have three children:

Elijah Sadler, 16; Emma Bell Sadler, 8; and Tripp Sadler, 6.

“Being a life-long resident of Livingston, I graduated from Livingston Academy. Go Hog-Eye. I am heavily involved in many different local organizations and activities in Livingston. I am a graduate of Leadership Overton, as well as an active member and Vice President of the Livingston Jaycees.

“I currently serve on the board for Overton County Habitat for Humanity. I coached Outlaw Football for six years and am now an assistant coach for the Junior Wildcat football team and the Dale Hollow Soccer League.

“I own two businesses in town, and my wife, Melody is a teacher at A.H. Roberts Elementary.

“I feel that it is my generation’s responsibility to step up and lead this wonderful town in growth and prosperity. I want to continue to be a part of the leadership that will take Livingston into the future.

“My Granddad, John F. Sadler, served as mayor of Livingston. He set the example for me to be honest, respectful, and hard-working – and how we should treat everyone the same as well as how we should all work together as a community. I would like to see our city grow, but still maintain those small-town qualities that we all love.

“If re-elected as alderman, I will continue to work closely with the mayor and other council members to ensure that all decisions are for the benefit of Livingston and its tax-paying citizens. I feel that as elected officials, we work for the people – not for our own special interests.

“Livingston is changing, and every day, progress can be seen all around. In the past four years while serving as alderman, I have strived to put the best interests of Livingston and our citizens first. By staying within our budget, there has been NO tax increases for four years. Our natural gas price is over 50% cheaper, and we now have an unlimited water supply. Our police, fire, street, garage, water, sewer, and gas departments’ employees are top-notch who work hard for our city and are readily available 24 hours a day, along with the mayor and all the employees at City Hall.

“Livingston is growing, and we can all work together to keep our town clean, safe, and affordable – as well as the best city in the state to live in. I am proud to call Livingston my home, and grateful to be able to raise my children in this wonderful town. With your help, on June 6, 2012, I can continue in keeping Livingston a place we are all proud of. I hope to see as many of you as I can before the election, and if I miss some of you, please forgive me. Your vote and influence will be greatly appreciated. Early voting starts May 17, 2012.”
chet

Monroe, TN

#235 Jan 9, 2013
interesting wrote:
Sadler announces bid for re-election as alderman
Tuesday, 15 May 2012 10:23
David Sadler II has informed Overton County News that he is making a bid for re-election to the Board of Aldermen for Livingston. Following is his statement:
“I, David L. Sadler II would like to take this opportunity to announce my candidacy for re-election as alderman in the upcoming City of Livingston Election on June 6, 2012.
“I am the son of Pam and David Sadler, Sr., and the grandson of the late John and Mary Sadler of Livingston. I am married to Melody Hooks Sadler of Rickman. She is the daughter of Jim Hooks, of Livingston, and Carolyn White, of Cookeville. Together, we have three children:
Elijah Sadler, 16; Emma Bell Sadler, 8; and Tripp Sadler, 6.
“Being a life-long resident of Livingston, I graduated from Livingston Academy. Go Hog-Eye. I am heavily involved in many different local organizations and activities in Livingston. I am a graduate of Leadership Overton, as well as an active member and Vice President of the Livingston Jaycees.
“I currently serve on the board for Overton County Habitat for Humanity. I coached Outlaw Football for six years and am now an assistant coach for the Junior Wildcat football team and the Dale Hollow Soccer League.
“I own two businesses in town, and my wife, Melody is a teacher at A.H. Roberts Elementary.
“I feel that it is my generation’s responsibility to step up and lead this wonderful town in growth and prosperity. I want to continue to be a part of the leadership that will take Livingston into the future.
“My Granddad, John F. Sadler, served as mayor of Livingston. He set the example for me to be honest, respectful, and hard-working – and how we should treat everyone the same as well as how we should all work together as a community. I would like to see our city grow, but still maintain those small-town qualities that we all love.
“If re-elected as alderman, I will continue to work closely with the mayor and other council members to ensure that all decisions are for the benefit of Livingston and its tax-paying citizens. I feel that as elected officials, we work for the people – not for our own special interests.
“Livingston is changing, and every day, progress can be seen all around. In the past four years while serving as alderman, I have strived to put the best interests of Livingston and our citizens first. By staying within our budget, there has been NO tax increases for four years. Our natural gas price is over 50% cheaper, and we now have an unlimited water supply. Our police, fire, street, garage, water, sewer, and gas departments’ employees are top-notch who work hard for our city and are readily available 24 hours a day, along with the mayor and all the employees at City Hall.
“Livingston is growing, and we can all work together to keep our town clean, safe, and affordable – as well as the best city in the state to live in. I am proud to call Livingston my home, and grateful to be able to raise my children in this wonderful town. With your help, on June 6, 2012, I can continue in keeping Livingston a place we are all proud of. I hope to see as many of you as I can before the election, and if I miss some of you, please forgive me. Your vote and influence will be greatly appreciated. Early voting starts May 17, 2012.”
wow I'm glad you posted this. I wonder what he has to say now??
Some peoples children

Monroe, TN

#236 Jan 9, 2013
chet wrote:
<quoted text>wow I'm glad you posted this. I wonder what he has to say now??
My guess is say the same today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amber gaw (Jan '12) 33 min Mitchell Godwin 277
WSMV to possibly do story with Garrett 44 min johnson1 3
Donald Trump Close His factory to go to India,... 45 min johnson1 10
Remembering Classmates who are Gone but Not For... (Oct '08) 6 hr johnson1 881
Money from Army Junk for Livingston 10 hr johnson1 9
Republicans Are great at parroting the far rig... 10 hr johnson1 3
marvin hall (Aug '10) 20 hr Hot Dam 5

Livingston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance