so sad

Monroe, TN

#22 Feb 12, 2012
Concerned Parent wrote:
This is a horrible thing that has happened and from what I hear he was a very sweet young man... I have some nieces who attend Livingston Academy and they were saying people were bullying. harassing and making fun of this poor young man who had such a promising life ahead of him.. So the people of Overton County need to address this issue to the school board because there is entirely to much bullying goes on at these schools and the board nor the schools seem to care or do anything about it.. Nothing can change what has happened with this young man and my heart goes out to his family but if people in Overton County would get concerned about this stuff going on in these schools maybe someone else can be helped before this happens to someone elses child... R.I.P. David Seber!!!! your life really did count....
If this is true something needs to be done to the ones that were bullying him. Teachers know who the bully's are. Why is it allowed to go on I don't know.How sad. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
old and tired

Clarksville, TN

#23 Feb 12, 2012
the heavens have a bright new star may you find peace Gods newest angel
Concerned mother

Toledo, OH

#24 Feb 13, 2012
Those that mistreated this young man should be held accountable. The parents need to send around a petition to ensure that happens. The superintendent should hold a special meeting to address this abuse.
knownot

Livingston, TN

#25 Feb 13, 2012
why not get chanel 5 , williams, on this.
Someone

Manchester, TN

#26 Feb 13, 2012
As knowing him personally, I would like to say that; no one expected this out of him. There wasn't anything anyone could have done to stop this. He didn't show any signs that he was going to do this. He was an all around great guy that had a great future ahead of him. I don't know why he thought he had to do this, no one will probably ever know. A lot of people have been saying it's because he was getting picked on about his dad. Others say different. No one knows a deffinent 'why'. His family could really use prayers though. If you have something bad to say, do not post it on the internet please. That is not something the family needs to worry about right now. They are having a hard enough time dealing with this.
Concerned mother

Toledo, OH

#27 Feb 13, 2012
If that was my son - as soon as I could get myself together enough to speak rationally, I would plea my case to the public. I think the rest of us parents are tired of kids not being protected at school. If nothing else, schools have student govts., maybe these kids could be judged by a jury of their own peers. Either way, something needs to be done! If the family wants support - the community should provide it.
Aunt Dawnette

United States

#28 Feb 14, 2012
i miss u david ... ur aunts coming down there
Marci

Jamestown, TN

#30 Feb 15, 2012
If this child was bullied, it needs to known and brought to the school's attention. This is a serious situation for kids and it can have a huge affect on them.
I was bullied in school and my parents and myself told school officials, but nothing was really done because the person was considered "popular and a good ball player". Looking back I should have been taken out of that school.
Prayers for his family.
Bullied by all

Livingston, TN

#31 Feb 15, 2012
Marci wrote:
If this child was bullied, it needs to known and brought to the school's attention. This is a serious situation for kids and it can have a huge affect on them.
I was bullied in school and my parents and myself told school officials, but nothing was really done because the person was considered "popular and a good ball player". Looking back I should have been taken out of that school.
Prayers for his family.
It is not that it needs to be brought to the schools attention the teachers and staff are there and know it goes on. It happened to me years ago and i know exactly how it feels. The idiot kids that can not mind their own business and keep their mouths shut if they not have something nice to say are responsible for this. This is just like the fights that go on at Livingston Academy with in feet of the front office in a bathrooom and get video taped and posted on internet or passed around to anyone with a cell phone. These teachers know a lot more than they act like they do and in my case when i was in school even heard teachers make comments about me. People would call me names in front of teachers and teachers would just smile or even laugh and not say a thing to them. I think this tragic event should lay heavy on the heart of anyone that ever said anything negative to this young man, and i think the teachers and all the staff at these schools needs to get their heads out of each others butts and do something to stop it. My deepest sympothy and prayers goes out to this family.
MeaCulpa

Columbia, SC

#32 Feb 17, 2012
I attend Livingston Academy. I know who was saying things to him. The school won't do anything about it. I've tried, believe me. I love David. He was always there when I needed him. He was amazing. I miss him like crazy. And excuse my language, but if i see the kid that said that stuff to him, I will kick his ass. People really need to watch what they say. I'm getting tired of all of the bullying and favoritism in this school system.
stop it

Cookeville, TN

#33 Feb 18, 2012
MeaCulpa wrote:
I attend Livingston Academy. I know who was saying things to him. The school won't do anything about it. I've tried, believe me. I love David. He was always there when I needed him. He was amazing. I miss him like crazy. And excuse my language, but if i see the kid that said that stuff to him, I will kick his ass. People really need to watch what they say. I'm getting tired of all of the bullying and favoritism in this school system.
It goes on in every school, some worse than others.The school needs to do something.Imean evidently this went to far.I hear he was a good kid and Im sorry for everyones loss.
forty five

Clarksville, TN

#34 Feb 18, 2012
i went to livingston forty five years ago and quit when i was a freshman not to many children can stand what goes on up there. i moved away and only go back when i have to.some things never change if your are poor take your children and move
knownot

Gainesboro, TN

#35 Feb 18, 2012
what i dont understand is, if he was bullied, why channel 5 phil is not on this like he was that other kid that was bullied & killed him self.
sonshine

Murfreesboro, TN

#36 Feb 18, 2012
someone may be smiling on the outside and hurting inside. that is why jesus christ must be lord for in him we are able to face life and all its tragedy. for those of you who read this your life will end also maybe not like his but you need to be prepared for life is as a vapor believe on the lord jesus christ and thou shalt be saved pray for his family.
agree

Clarksville, TN

#38 Feb 18, 2012
but it is so much harder when you are that young after you are you know that people will be mean and judgemental when your young you always have that small hope that people care
Nik

New Town, ND

#39 Feb 19, 2012
He was my like real close friend .
he was friends with a lot of my friends ,
i remember when i first met him haha
hes missed muchh <3
i love him & i hope his family is ok<3
Courtney

New Town, ND

#40 Feb 19, 2012
Hey i didnt really know him but i heard he was a really nice guy. He always made everybody smile.
cyndi seber

Cookeville, TN

#42 Mar 11, 2012
thank you he was my big brother an i miss him so much its unreal
cyndi seber

Cookeville, TN

#43 Mar 11, 2012
he was my big brother an i dont understand why either but people get to the point were they think they cant get out an i guess thats were he was i just wish he would have told someone he was hurting i miss him so much i love him an i will see him again one day rest in peace big brother*<3
hmm

New York, NY

#44 Mar 15, 2012
terrible

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why isn't ALL City Owned Vehicles marked as Liv... 51 min Mime Carey 26
WSMVChannel 4 reported on mayoral election sign... 52 min Mime Carey 70
All you Mayor Hayes supporters, get out your po... 59 min Just Me 18
ShawnA 3 hr crazy 7
O.C. Has so many on Welfare or just won't work,... 6 hr Vet101 72
management at hutchinson (Jan '12) 11 hr Ethel 1,607
REWARD OFFERED!! Missing Dog! 16 hr JSBrown303 1

Livingston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance