Boy Killed this Morning

Posted in the Livingston Forum

kimmy

Livingston, TN

#1 Apr 21, 2010
I just heard on the news that a boy from livingston was killed this morning in Cookeville.He was 21. Said they would tell more when they got it.The name they said was Jacob Gunnels, We all need to keep his family in our prayers. Way to young to pass away.
He will be at Hall's but its incomplete as of now.

Did anyone hear about someone getting hurt yesterday at Allons sawmill?
Bandolero

Livingston, TN

#2 Apr 21, 2010
Some guy fell 13 or 15 feet off a scaffold...just a few cuts and scrapes...he'll be o.k.
kimmy

Livingston, TN

#3 Apr 21, 2010
Bandolero wrote:
Some guy fell 13 or 15 feet off a scaffold...just a few cuts and scrapes...he'll be o.k.
thats good to know. Thanks
well

United States

#4 Apr 21, 2010
Livingston man killed in car wreck
by Mary Jo Denton3 hrs 14 mins ago | 441 views | 4 ||
COOKEVILLE -- A young Livingston man was killed in a traffic crash on Hudgens Street here late Tuesday night, police said. Jakob Edwin Gunnels, 21, of Preston Street, Livingston, was apparently killed instantly in the accident, which happened around 11 p.m. just east of Old Walton Road, according to Cookeville Police Capt. Mark Maxwell. Gunnels was driving a 1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo east on Hudgens and had just rounded a curve when the vehicle ran off the left side of the road and struck a tree, Capt. Maxwell said. "We are still investigating and don't know exactly what happened, but we think speed was a factor in the crash," Capt. Maxwell said.
No one witnessed the crash, but two passersby came upon the wreck about 11 p.m. and stopped and called 911, he said. Gunnels was using a seatbelt, and the vehicle's airbag deployed during the crash, but the impact of the crash was to the driver's side of the vehicle, Capt. Maxwell said. Upon hitting the tree, the vehicle spun around, he said. "This is the first traffic fatality we've had in the city this year," said Maxwell, who heads the Traffic Division of the police force.
Putnam Ambulance Service medics rushed to the scene from their nearby substation, and they were there when Cookeville firefighters arrived, Cookeville Fire Department Capt. Matt White said. "We provided lighting and helped clean up the debris," Capt. White said. The eight firefighters on the scene also used their equipment to extricate Gunnels from the wreckage, he said. Capt. Maxwell said he and Traffic Division officers -- Lt. Randy Brown, Sgt. James Harris, Greg Young, Anthony Leonard, Glen Ramsey, and Calvin Anderson -- worked at the scene for over three hours, measuring and investigating.
In Sympathy

Allons, TN

#5 Apr 21, 2010
The residents of Villa Apartments would like to express our sincere sympathy for the loss of this young man. His father and grandmother are our neighbors and they mean the world to us. May the Lord ease their sorrow and cover them with His Love during their time of grief.
larry kirby

Arlington, TX

#6 Apr 21, 2010
jake gunnels was my nephew. a very handsome and talented guitar player that had a heart full of love for his family. If he only knew how much he is missed. we are all devastated by the loss of our beloved jake. Our lives will never be the same without him. I love you Jake. We all love you.
urious

Rickman, TN

#7 Apr 22, 2010
what was his dads name and was any kinn to jeff gunnels?
friend

Nashville, TN

#8 Apr 22, 2010
May God bless everyone who knew and loved Jake. Please pray for his entire family and friends. He is missed by many. We love you Jake! Rest in Peace
Amy Gibson

Hudson, FL

#9 Apr 22, 2010
Jack was my little cousin, he was a good kid, he always has a smile and a hug for me, he was very HAPPY BOY!!! He will be deeply missed. I pray for the Family and Friends, I pray the LORD will comfort them in our time of Loss. Rest in peace Jack, Love you!!!
rufus

Kingston Springs, TN

#10 Apr 22, 2010
urious wrote:
what was his dads name and was any kinn to jeff gunnels?
His dad is biily joe gunnels
sad

Livingston, TN

#11 Apr 22, 2010
This is sad so young, The family are in my prayers as well.
Jennifer Brown

La Porte, IN

#12 Apr 22, 2010
Jake was one of my son's best friends from Anderson Indiana. He was a Great kid and very talented. My son (Derek Willis) and Jake played Music together. Jake came over to the house and bought his guitar and they practiced. Jake I will miss your smile and you good sense of humor. My prayers go out to his family in their time of need. Such a tragedy to lose such a good kid at a young age!!
Jennifer Brown

La Porte, IN

#13 Apr 22, 2010
larry kirby wrote:
jake gunnels was my nephew. a very handsome and talented guitar player that had a heart full of love for his family. If he only knew how much he is missed. we are all devastated by the loss of our beloved jake. Our lives will never be the same without him. I love you Jake. We all love you.
Larry I am sorry to hear about Jake. I know I will miss him coming to the house and praticing with Derek. He was such a good kid.. I will miss him.. You have my prayers my friend!!
God bless

Jamestown, TN

#14 Apr 22, 2010
I can never understand why some have to go so young. My thoughts and prayers to Jake's family and friends.
GOD BLESS

Cookeville, TN

#15 Apr 22, 2010
May God bless your family in your time of loss.
friend

Nashville, TN

#16 Apr 22, 2010
rufus wrote:
<quoted text> His dad is biily joe gunnels
His father is Teddy Gunnels
Tiffany K

La Porte, IN

#17 Apr 25, 2010
I was a friend of Jakes from Anderson. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. It's truely sad... I will never forget him. He helped me through a lot since we were kids. He always knew how to put a smile on someone's face... I'll miss you Jake...prayers go out to all his Family & Friends.
chris mccoy

United States

#18 Apr 25, 2010
I'm so sorry to hear this he was a good friend of mine from anderson high I have had so many of my era of friends pass away and its very sad my prayers to all who knew jake and family you'll always be remembered

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I would like to get laid 20 min Auggie 4
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 44 min Pete 152,491
Debate: Gay Marriage - Livingston, TN (Jul '10) 2 hr Brian_G 882
new AH Roberts VP 4 hr IKE 17
AH Roberts parents lend me your ear 8 hr Tombstone 1
overton county school system 8 hr sdf 447
Dr. Tiff Kranrz receptionist 8 hr duh 16
Livingston Dating
Find my Match

Livingston Jobs

Livingston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Livingston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Livingston