overton county nursing home
takin it all in

Jamestown, TN

#23 Oct 28, 2008
i am in the health care field, and have been for around 15 years so i have been in hospitals, emergency rooms, and yes a good ol nursing home so i have seen some pretty low quality and pretty high quality work and care in all places so it comes down to one or two important aspects-do you really want to do your best, does your best include caring and compassion. i read alot of complaints about this and that with healthcare but folks look around, our society ignores the elderly for the most part and does not work with these facilities to get more funding when its needed. apparently overton county nursing home has more caring staff then other places by what i read, they have ownership and pride. thats half the battle if you have ever worked in a mangement position. the place is remodeling an old building, well cudos for them if the county won't purchase another. and as far as management-no boss i ever had was my friend, they were a mentor and gave me guidelines to work by, they expected a job to be done and i did it, guess i have an alien concept? if you want to make a difference then please donate time, visit these ppl, take them books or just sit and talk with them. families are responsible too and the majority (not all!) put them in these facilities and just walk away. am i lying? well i remember a nurse asking a family member to meet them at a dr office and the family couldn't be bothered, or better yet they drop in once in a blue moon and complain at the care or what was their "concept" of care. wow-where were they when mama needed to know she was loved? the staff (all of them) were there. so unless you can say "i've been kind today, i have done my best and tried to be on a team of workers to help these folks-stop complaining or criticizing because you really have no room to talk.
cowboy

Norwood, NC

#24 Nov 6, 2008
weve had family over there for 5 years my grandpa has been over there every day checking on them the nursers over there are terrible we feed them breakfast and supper if it wasn for us they would probably die of starvation
blah

Livingston, TN

#25 Nov 21, 2008
if hey would judt get some half way decent people to work their it would be alright... but ya from wat i hear they are prett mean to the residents
a daughter

Lancaster, SC

#26 Nov 21, 2008
Give Me Breaks wrote:
Give me Breaks Amazon Woman. The Overton County Nursing Home is not one of the nicer facilities. As far as being staffed better than any other nursing home facility in the nation, that's is a load of bull and anyone whom has knowledge of nursing home facilities knows it.
I totally agree with you the state only knows what the papers and the one that inspector tells them and they probably know when they come and clean up things because in my opinion it is a poor excuse for "a nicer facilities" N.H.I don't need to get on here to bash it,everybody knows that it's a long way from great or even good

Since: Nov 08

Rickman Tn.

#27 Nov 21, 2008
I use to work as a copier repairman in Florida. I was in and out of nursing homes all day. Some homes you could smell before you came onto the block, while others had a clean, friendly, caring feeling. They didn't see me as a family member and I saw the change in some places just because relatives were predictable.
Also we should think of ourselves, in that we will be old some day...if we're luck. So taking an interest in getting these places squared away now is in our best interest too.
a daughter

Jonesville, SC

#28 Nov 21, 2008
After my experence with them i can tell you my personial feeling is i wouldn't take my dog there much less another family member.
i agree

Walterboro, SC

#29 Nov 21, 2008
i agree that your boss michelle jackson is bitch
a daughter

Jonesville, SC

#30 Nov 21, 2008
huh????
a daughter

Jonesville, SC

#31 Nov 21, 2008
i don't know her sorry?
cna in livingston

Walterboro, SC

#32 Nov 21, 2008
i can tell you of first hand.they may make it look good on staffing sheets of all the staff on the hall for that day but i tell you its bull shit and they know it and as for the cnas yes they have a very hard job they take on most of the load.and yes most of your nurses are lazy as hell there.and your don is all about her self and her lpns and rns she thinks that the cnas are shit that they are less to equal of herself and her kind. the nursing home at one time had very good hard workers on abord but her bitch ass had to come in and run them off one by one . and yes if you have a loved one in the ocnh i would advice you to check in on them time to time,every day your loved one will then recieve the up most care as they should recieve and the head hunch ols dont care about the residents only there salary checks .and of course you have your nurses that sit on my space all day oh should i call any name.... or how some of the nurses and the men that work there meet down in the maitenance room oh yeah i forgot thats such a wonderful place to put granny and pa or even mom and dad..think about it its county run it needs to be corapate (sp)well thats my insight on it and thata on hand details not gossip!
i agree

Walterboro, SC

#33 Nov 21, 2008
michelle jackson is the director of nursing
a daughter

Jonesville, SC

#34 Nov 21, 2008
if you have someone there do your own laundry.visit odd times.so thats where the nurses were i wondered. there was a guy that was very nice.i don't think he was a nurse.
i agree

Walterboro, SC

#35 Nov 21, 2008
as for the patients straving they work to shor handed and dont have the time to spend feeding a pt. that is fussey or hard to get to eat. thats when your lazy ass plns and rns should be on the halls during meal times so ever one can have a hot meal..and on the topic of meals when the state comes in oh boy you will see them coming ot of the wood work it probably does look good for the stae would you not think any body that works there or has knows tis is the truth as i know for a fact!!!!!!!
i agree

Walterboro, SC

#36 Nov 21, 2008
who wa sthe guy?

Jamestown, TN

#37 Nov 21, 2008
I have been a long time employee of the OCNH.So no one has 2 tell me I know what goes on there,lack of staff causes CNA's to work 16 hour shifts repeatedly and if u don't they threaten 2 take you're license and as for the young ppl the D.O.N likes it that way because she can bully them her famous saying is CNA'S r a dime a dozen any place that has 2 have a cna class every month 2 keep it staff w/cna's due 2 the bad & disrespectful treatment the cna's recieve has a problem ,as 4 a good state survey how can that be judged correctly when what they see is not what really goes on if you really want to see what goes on check w/the state on reports of abuse & neglect within the past year I personally can't wait 4 the day that 1 brown nosing LPN who is solely responsible 4 causing several GOOD CNA'S 2 BE FIRED 4 the same things she herself has been guilty of I hope 1 day soon comes home 2 her
i agree

Walterboro, SC

#38 Nov 21, 2008
i cant say any thing bad against debbie bantz she is a good employee and a very hard worker.she was good at her job>did not care to help out any were that was needed of her.
i agree

Walterboro, SC

#39 Nov 21, 2008
whos the lpn tara walker?
i agree

Walterboro, SC

#40 Nov 21, 2008
watch and see they will have this site removed tommorrow.
a daughter

Jonesville, SC

#41 Nov 21, 2008
a dime a dozen ....wow what a nice thing to say about an employee that works as hard as they do.
i agree

Walterboro, SC

#42 Nov 21, 2008
the cns that were run off was probably good cnas?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Parker seals women 7 min The Truth 2
Waist high weeds blocking my view! Dangerous! 21 min Billy 15
Overton county Judicial 58 min Becka 1
Amber gaw (Jan '12) 2 hr wondering 279
Nepotism doesn’t pay. Not In Overton County or ... 2 hr resident 30
Bronnie Meadows will announce that I will be ru... 2 hr everybody 2
uaw in hutcinson 7 hr Road bumb 169

Livingston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance