Next Last
taxpayer

Rowesville, SC

#1 May 7, 2008
how do u feel about the current addminstration
concerned citizen

Cookeville, TN

#4 Jun 12, 2008
the nursing home could be a very good place if they would hire someone to make sure the residents are taken care of. Then the employees should come second.
MEE TOO

United States

#5 Aug 17, 2008
If You have a Family Member in The Overton County
Nursing Home You better make sure You Drop In at different times of the Day and Night. I Don't care
if It is close Kin or not It is ashamed how these
Members Of Our Community are negelected.
Scorpion

United States

#6 Aug 18, 2008
I have 2 friends that work at nursing homes. Their jobs are very hard. I think it's sad that people have to be put in a nursing home, and I know that some nursing homes are not all that great, but at the same time, the elderly that are in there (not all of course) can be very abusive to there caretakers. Both my friends have had black eyes, busted lips and broken bones from the people they care for. I think family members should spend more time with their loved ones, then maybe they would understand.
MEE TOO

United States

#7 Aug 19, 2008
I do visit My Parent every day and I see and hear what goes on when the Families are There and when They are not. I agree there are a few Residents that sit in the hallways and get flustered because They are ignored when They need to go to the bathroom or need a drink of water. I agree there are some really caring Nurses that work there.But I also see there is a BIG promblem with
the way most Nurses and The Nursing Supervisor
talk about The Staff and The Residence by yelling across the hall from one office to the Other. I also know that when the State comes there are several Families that have documented list to show The State. This is what I think should have been done a long time ago. The Residence are taken into the Dining Room most every day for about an hour to do some kind of activity, but what about the Other Twenty-Three.

Since: Aug 08

Monroe, TN

#8 Aug 20, 2008
I have friends that work there and it's for sure a hard job.Some of them work 2 shifts because they don't have enough staff .I think they don't get paid enough.I think it's sad that this county cannot build a new one. The one we have now is old and outdated.The people that "have" to live there deserve more than what they have there.My father in-law was in there for a couple of months before he passed away.And the smell in there would make me gag sometimes and I would have to go outside.I know it's not going to smell like roses but this was really really bad.And it was everytime I went to see him.Some days were worse than others but was always smelly.I just think it's shame that these people have to live out the rest of there lives in that place.I have been in several nursing home and this one by far is the Worst.I feel for the people that works there and the patients to.It's take a special person to work there and do a good job.I've seen and heard many things about this nursing home.Gee when was this nursing home built? anyone know?
rdcd

Byrdstown, TN

#9 Aug 21, 2008
they have over a million dollars in the bank. maybe they should spend some of it.
ncg

Monroe, TN

#10 Aug 27, 2008
improvements are needed
tinkerbell

Walterboro, SC

#11 Aug 27, 2008
I have worked @ the nursing home before.. i know what its like.. I want to say the CNA'S there should make more than an RN or LPN anyday because they do all the work and get praised the least.. I have had my family members @ the ocnh so yes please check on your folks.. and the next time you see a CNA running her legs off down the hall take a few minutes a tell her/him how much you appreciate all they do.. I know it will make them fell better and have a better day..
Amazon woman

Columbia, SC

#12 Oct 17, 2008
tinkerbell wrote:
I have worked @ the nursing home before.. i know what its like.. I want to say the CNA'S there should make more than an RN or LPN anyday because they do all the work and get praised the least.. I have had my family members @ the ocnh so yes please check on your folks.. and the next time you see a CNA running her legs off down the hall take a few minutes a tell her/him how much you appreciate all they do.. I know it will make them fell better and have a better day..
In response to the statement that CNA's should be paid more than nurses I have worked as a nurse in nursing home environments for more than 20 yrs. Yes most cna's do work their tails off and they do get the praise they deserve from the nurses. Overton county nursing home is staffed better than any other nursing home facility nation wide just check with the state. Also their state survey was excellent so that's contradicting the comments others of you are making about the type of care the residents there receive. Nurses get paid more because they went to college to earn a degree to do the jobs they do, any ol' joe off the street cannot do their jobs. They must be licensed thru the state and must continue with their education yearly to maintain that license. as far as the residents asking to have a drink or go to the restroom, what irks me is that someone can state that they walk thru and hear the people ask for this, they don't stand there to see when these needs are met, because I can assure you that their needs are met.Money is constantly being put back into this facility so the residents have a very nice home, haven't you noticed all the remodeling? If not then you are not aware of your surroundings.Instead of knocking down something that is greatly needed in the community why not praise all these people for their hard work. Volunteer your time by reading a book or just sitting and talking to the residents,help those working there in their effortsof keeping this home a wonderful place for the residents who live there, because each and every one of these residents are cherished by someone.
Give Me Breaks

Memphis, TN

#13 Oct 17, 2008
Give me Breaks Amazon Woman. The Overton County Nursing Home is not one of the nicer facilities. As far as being staffed better than any other nursing home facility in the nation, that's is a load of bull and anyone whom has knowledge of nursing home facilities knows it.
pattycake

Jonesville, SC

#14 Oct 17, 2008
All the nurses do is gossip. I dont even work there and i have heard them gossiping about the staff and putting them down when they didnt know anyone was listening
well

Smartt, TN

#15 Oct 18, 2008
In my opinion, they need to not keep hiring these really young people, and try and find someone who has experience under their belt. There's a difference in hiring someone who's in highschool/right out of highschool as an aide (like a candystriper) and actually HIRING them.
TheTruthAndNutti nBut

Nashville, TN

#16 Oct 18, 2008
I have some ideas that would help make things better for staff, residents, taxpayers, AND the county for FREE! Maybe this is already happening, if not, it's something our county officials and the nursing home directors should consider looking into! First, does the CNA program at Tennessee Technology Center require clinical hours? The school should require that CNA students spend 50-60 hands-on clinical hours assisting at the nursing home prior to graduation. Second, and this may make you grasp at first, but implemented properly, shouldn't be a problem. That is, inmates. Yes, breath now...inmates. There is no sense in not utilizing non-violent inmates for needed help at the nursing home. I'm sorry, but there are bigger things needed than trash pick-up. It would not only help in rehabilitating them by giving back to the community but once again, save tax dollars! I'm sure there are plenty of inmates that were once skilled laborers of some nature. The county needs to utilize those skills where needed in the county. I'm sure they would gladly serve part of their time doing anything from simply helping feed patients to more advanced skills such as remodeling, painting, plumbing, carpentry, yard work, etc. at the nursing home. Lastly, the activities director, if not already doing so, should recruit the help of local community/civic groups, school programs and churches and come up with ideas to interact with residents...again for free and everybody wins! Especially and most importantly...the residents.
I hope if the day comes that I can't take care of myself, there will be plenty of caring individuals whom will.
Amazon woman

Columbia, SC

#17 Oct 18, 2008
Give Me Breaks wrote:
Give me Breaks Amazon Woman. The Overton County Nursing Home is not one of the nicer facilities. As far as being staffed better than any other nursing home facility in the nation, that's is a load of bull and anyone whom has knowledge of nursing home facilities knows it.
First of all how can you who are in Knoxville know what the employee patient ratio is at the nursing home be without holding staffing sheets in your hand. when you can post those to argue your point and they are in favor of your opinion I will stand corrected. In response to the really young every time I turn around it seems the work force is getting younger. Maybe I'm just getting older. Everyone has to start somewhere and with the nursing shortages nation wide we can hope that some of these young ppl will enjoy this type of work and go on to college for a degree in this field. They will never be without work unless they chose to be.
All good

Springfield, SC

#18 Oct 18, 2008
I would like to respond to the posts about the Overton County Nursing Home. First of all the jobs at the nursing home are HARD. These people in the nursing home need attention 24 hours a day. Otherwise they wouldnt be there. It takes a very special person to be able to work in a place like this. I had a family member in the Overton County Nursing Home for several years and she loved it there. They treated her like family as well as me and my family. When she first went in i was worried that she wouldnt like it there because she was used to living on her own but right away she loved it. Even up and through her death she was the happiest she had been in years and it was because of the people who cared for her at the nursing home. Everyone (CNA's, nurses, laundry, housekeeping, cooks, etc) have to work hard to keep the place going. I dont think its a job that just any old joe can do.
john

Cookeville, TN

#19 Oct 18, 2008
This is good to hear.....I will probably put my husband in there before I move back north....
I dont think so

Crossville, TN

#20 Oct 19, 2008
There is no way in hell an inmate should be allowed to do work inside a nursing home. Maybe painting or yard work outside but inside no way. Most of these people are drug addicts some who have already stolen pain patches which were placed on their family members who live in nursing homes. NO! NO! NO! They would steal syringes out of the biohazard boxes. Not a good idea. Those elderly people deserve a whole lot more than that.
TheTruthAndNutti nBut

Nashville, TN

#21 Oct 20, 2008
I dont think so wrote:
There is no way in hell an inmate should be allowed to do work inside a nursing home. Maybe painting or yard work outside but inside no way. Most of these people are drug addicts some who have already stolen pain patches which were placed on their family members who live in nursing homes. NO! NO! NO! They would steal syringes out of the biohazard boxes. Not a good idea. Those elderly people deserve a whole lot more than that.
Your right....didn't think about all the druggies in Livingston. But, yes...supervised maintenance of the building and grounds would save the county and taxpayers from paying for it.
you wouldnt understand

Franklin, TN

#22 Oct 23, 2008
ok.. until you do a job as a cna in that building every single one of you talkin negative about us need to keep your mouths shut... yeah i'm a cna there.. love me or hate me i don't care.. but you all have no clue what you all are talkin about.. ok.. and as for someone hearing about a cna talkin about someone else... haha.. thats funny...doesn't everyone talk about their job sometime or another when their not at work.. well the majority of us are all friends so thats kinda hard to believe that some of us were talkin about the others... and amazon woman is right.. how do you know about our ratio ..... our halls are actually staffed very well.... at times we have call ins and they are a lil short but we are staffed good.. but you all wanna talk this crap about the nursing home here.. your only makin a joke out of yourself... cause like they said.. check out our state survey... ok... we are great.. absolutely great... and yes i agree we cna's do alot more then the lpn's ever thought about doing.. and yeah we deserve more money.. with school or no school we still do more then lpn or rn's... one rn runs around wiht papers all day and his diet mt dew and smokes.. so yeah we do more...so i do agree about that. and most lpn's there won't lift a finger to help us on the floor either... so yep i'm all about cna's making more.. and it would be nice if our boss would notice the hard work we do more.... instead of walkin through the halls sayin hey this needs to be done or this or this and that... cause she does that alot... so that would be nice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Propagate: Livingston Style 2 min Abel 3
Drug House 13 min Local 4
More Overton Jail Troubles 20 min sad 7
Why Doesn't Curtis New Black Dodge Durango hav... 2 hr johnson1 14
President Trump- keep us safe 5 hr Edith 11
Why is Diana Black Hiding Trump tx returns? 5 hr Klay 38
Mike Lawson 8 hr Broncossuck00 7

Livingston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance