New Monterey mayor ready to move forward

Oct 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Herald-Citizen

A fresh start. That's what Monterey's new mayor, Richard Godsey, looks forward to as he settles into office and gears up for the issues he's inherited.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2012
re run

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Fresh start to start crooking Monterey again never change
maybe

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

re run wrote:
He IS our mayor, he was elected, so now let's not be revengeful if we were on the "other" side of the election, and hurt ourselves by sabotaging Mr. Godsey's efforts! He is not the only mayor to have more than one "go" at running the town, either. Let's commit to doing the best we can to help HIM do the best he can, after all, it is a new day and we all want things to change for the better, don't we? If you see something you think is wrong going on, now, that is....then by all means speak up and let's work on it.....when we can, not based on past disputes, at least.
re run

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

maybe wrote:
<quoted text>He IS our mayor, he was elected, so now let's not be revengeful if we were on the "other" side of the election, and hurt ourselves by sabotaging Mr. Godsey's efforts! He is not the only mayor to have more than one "go" at running the town, either. Let's commit to doing the best we can to help HIM do the best he can, after all, it is a new day and we all want things to change for the better, don't we? If you see something you think is wrong going on, now, that is....then by all means speak up and let's work on it.....when we can, not based on past disputes, at least.
He's a joke
maybe

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

re run wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a joke
..Not a very pro-active person, are you?
Davey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

I followed the Mayor last time and he did great. I supported him again this time and believe he will do a good job. He learned alot last time, and I believe him to be an honest man. Getting someone of his caliber is hard to do in Monterey for a measley 500 dollars a year. I don't see enough their to steal, that would be worth it, and putting up with "re run" would just make the job harder.
re run

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

maybe wrote:
<quoted text>..Not a very pro-active person, are you?
He'll ya
Bootlegger

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

Maybe he will spend our money on something productive, maybe his wife a facelift and a lift chair for himself. And maybe we can throw him in a bottle of booze every now and then.
Davey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

Judged:

"Bootlegger", that's a nice thought and I wish somebody would pay for me a facelift. I don't drink but I would except a card or something. I think his wife is nice looking and she always speaks to me when I see her out and about.
absolutely

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

re run wrote:
thank god
honest choice

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

re run wrote:
monterey finally has found a honest mayor
POLITICALLY CORRECT

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

re run wrote:
he is a great choice for monterey
very possibly

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

POLITICALLY CORRECT wrote:
<quoted text> he is a great choice for monterey
Monterey has had a rough recent history and is ready to get over the election, I believe, and get on with life, here. A lot of info has been brought out both in the town's government, as well as the county issues(!!) At least the issues are on the table; citizens have the choice to get involved in whatever projects they believe in OR learn how to start their own and find the grants or "followers" of their plans, whatever they might be. Now that Mr. Goolsby is our mayor we need to give him a REAL chance to help us.
humble

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

maybe wrote:
<quoted text>He IS our mayor, he was elected, so now let's not be revengeful if we were on the "other" side of the election, and hurt ourselves by sabotaging Mr. Godsey's efforts! He is not the only mayor to have more than one "go" at running the town, either. Let's commit to doing the best we can to help HIM do the best he can, after all, it is a new day and we all want things to change for the better, don't we? If you see something you think is wrong going on, now, that is....then by all means speak up and let's work on it.....when we can, not based on past disputes, at least.
he needs to humble himself and start acting like he gives a hoot about people other than elected officials
voter

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

give the man a chance i say one thing the law will get you in that school zone which is great i took grand son to Burk the ohter morning had one stop going in coming and coming out stop the man in front of me he got past law and speed up and they came after him he need it bad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Livingston Forum right now

Search the Livingston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
overton county school system 42 min Hobo 129
greg ethridge 54 min Joke 34
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 hr Pete 140,772
What knots 6 hr guest 1
Garry Smith 7 hr fatboy 4
Livingston regional hospital patient danger (Feb '13) 7 hr Raven 293
Webbs 8 hr friend 18
He is a LIAR 11 hr Concerned 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Livingston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000