First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Oh Happy Day”

Since: Aug 08

Monroe, TN

#1 Oct 21, 2008
Post crazy, dumb or weird stories that are in the news.TV or Internet.I will start lol

Drug Suspects Kept Lions,Tigers At Mexican Mansion

Suspected drug smugglers kept lions, tigers and panthers in the garden of a Mexican mansion where a Colombian-led gang was arrested at the weekend on drugs charges, police said on Monday.

Police found two adult African lions, two white-colored tigers and two black panthers in cages in the grounds of the plush, wood-paneled house where the drug suspects were holding a party.

The house also boasted a suit of armor and a pond with what appeared to be a live hippopotamus, according to a video shot by Reforma newspaper.

"The animals are endangered species," said a spokesman for Mexico's federal police. Police raided the house in misty hills on the edge of Mexico City on Saturday.
I am Woman Hear Me Roar

Cookeville, TN

#2 Oct 21, 2008
Ugly scenes as 12 million bees escape after California crash

It must have been a driver's worst nightmare - cruising down the highway and suddenly running smack into millions of angry swarming bees.

The bees were on the loose in California after a truck in which they were being transported flipped on its side on the highway.

The California Highway Patrol said eight to 12 million of the honey bees escaped from the crates in which they were stored.

The truck was carrying over 400 beehives with 30,000 bees in each.

The bees stung police officers, fire crews, and tow truck drivers trying to corral them after the accident.

"People were being stung left and right. It was an ugly, ugly scene," one police officer said.

The great escape happened near Sacramento and the insects swarmed over an area of Highway 99.

For seven hours authorities brought in handlers who used smoke in a bid to calm the bees and coax them back into the hives.

Several beekeepers driving past the accident stopped to help the emergency services deal with the bees.

The highway had to be closed for a period.

Police did not know what caused the tractor trailer carrying the bees to flip over while entering the highway on its way to Yakima, Washington. But they said they believe the driver may have been driving too fast.

The bees had been used to pollinate crops in the San Joaquin Valley.

The honeybee is the world's premier pollinator and is invaluable to farmers for pollination.

But there has been a shortage of them in recent times because of "Colony Collapse Disorder". US beekeepers have been losing thousands of their bees, puzzling scientists. This has led to a rise in honey prices and has also threatened fruit and vegetable production.

After a seven-hour clean-up operation at Sacramento, police were unable to say how many bees remained unaccounted for. But they were not getting any calls from panicked drivers. "No news is good news," one officer said.
mom

Byrdstown, TN

#3 Oct 21, 2008
Baby For Sale on Ebay - Baby For Sale?!

May 25th, 2008

German police confirm that they today have taken a seven month baby away from a couple in Bavaria and local child welfare investigators are looking into them after the couple put the child up for sale on Internet auction site Ebay. The description read,“Male baby almost 8 months old, sleeps well through the night and does not cry much.”“Good for infertile couple or single man/woman wanting a child.”

The baby boy was put on sale on Tuesday at a starting price of one euro (1.58 dollars) and was withdrawn from the site around two and a half hours later, police said. There had been no posted offers but the couple may have recieved numerous offers via email. The mother said it was meant as a joke, but police and state officials failed to see the funny side, putting the baby into state care and charging both parents for attempted child trafficking. Police cheif Wesley Offerman is quoted as saying,“We all find our kids annoying sometimes but selling them is not the answer.”
I am Woman Hear Me Roar

Cookeville, TN

#4 Oct 21, 2008
Man marries dog to lift curse

We have all heard the 'man bites dog' stories, but how about a real-life 'man marries dog' tale!

This one takes the biscuit, and it could only happen in India, the land of the Kama Sutra.

But you won't find this kind of love story between man and beast in the ancient Indian sex manual.

It took place for real during a traditional hindu ceremony at a temple in the southern state of Tamil Nadu.

The groom in question was a 33-year-old Indian farmer named Selvakumar, and he was wed to a female dog named Selvi.

He married his four legged bitch to atone for stoning two other dogs to death and stringing them up in a tree 15 years ago.

He believed the act cursed him and he had been suffering ever since, he told the Hindustan Times.

After he stoned the dogs he said his legs and hands got paralysed, he lost hearing in one ear, and his speech was impaired.

With doctors unable to help him, Selvakumar turned to an astrologer who told him he was cursed by the spirits of the dogs he had killed.

He could undo the curse only if he married a dog and live with it, the soothsayer warned.

Family members chose a stray female dog who was then bathed and clothed for the wedding occasion.

Selvi the bride was brought to the temple by village women and a Hindu priest conducted the ceremony.

The paper showed a picture of Selvakumar sitting next to his canine bride, which was adorned in an orange sari and flower garland.

The paper said the groom and his family then had a feast, while the dog got a bun.

It was reported that Selvi attempted to make a bolt for it -- apparently due to the big crowds -- but she was tracked down and returned to her new 'husband'.

"The dog is only for lifting the curse and after that, he plans to get a real bride," a friend of the groom said.

Deeply superstitious people in rural India sometimes organize weddings to dogs and other animals, believing it can beat certain curses.

- November 20, 2007.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#5 Oct 21, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO (AP)- In this live-and-let-live town, where medical marijuana clubs do business next to grocery stores and an annual fair celebrates sadomasochism, prostitutes could soon walk the streets without fear of arrest.
San Francisco would become the first major U.S. city to decriminalize prostitution if voters next month approve Proposition K—a measure that forbids local authorities from investigating, arresting or prosecuting anyone for selling sex.

The ballot question technically would not legalize prostitution since state law still prohibits it, but the measure would eliminate the power of local law enforcement officials to go after prostitutes.

Proponents say the measure will free up $11 million the police spend each year arresting prostitutes and allow them to form collectives.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#6 Oct 21, 2008
PORT ST. LUCIE — A 26-year-old woman is facing charges after allegedly beating a man Monday who told her to leave when she tried to kiss him, according to an arrest affidavit released Tuesday.

Katrina L. Clemente, of the 3100 block of Southwest Chilton Court, also is accused of hitting a 17-year-old girl, who is eight months pregnant, in the stomach.

The male victim told police he was in his van about 12:45 p.m. in the 3200 block of Southwest Ronlea Court when Clemente got inside. He asked her to leave as she tried to plant a kiss on him.

As the victim pushed Clemente away, she reportedly said, "Hell no, I'm gonna kick your (buttocks)," before she started hitting the victim, the affidavit states.

A witness reported seeing Clemente get out of the van and start running down the street, striking herself, "so she could call the police and claim that (the male victim) hit her," the affidavit states.

The pregnant girl confronted Clemente at Southwest Belmont Circle and Southwest Tulip Boulevard and Clemente allegedly hit her in the stomach.

Clemente told investigators she went to meet with the male victim and have sex. She said she didn't hit him or the pregnant girl. She said she was hit and pushed down, and that the male victim stole her cigarettes.

Listed as unemployed, Clemente faces charges including aggravated battery on a pregnant woman and battery.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#7 Oct 21, 2008
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP)-- An Afghan appeals court overturned a death sentence Tuesday for a journalism student accused of blasphemy for asking questions in class about women's rights under Islam. But the judges still sentenced him to 20 years in prison.
moana

Saluda, SC

#8 Oct 24, 2008
lol more please

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#9 Oct 24, 2008
45 year-old Amy Brasher was arrested in San Antonio, Texas,
after a mechanic reported to police that 18 packages of
marijuana were packed in the engine compartment of the car
which she had brought to the mechanic for an oil change.
According to police, Brasher later said that she didn't
realize that the mechanic would have to raise the hood to
change the oil.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#10 Oct 24, 2008
PITTSBURGH - A John McCain volunteer in Pittsburgh who said she was robbed and sexually assaulted because of her political views has admitted to fabricating the story and will be charged, police said Friday.

20-year-old Ashley Todd, of College Station, Texas, "stated that she made up the story which snowballed and got out of control," Pittsburgh police said in a statement, adding that she would be arrested and charged with filing a false police report.

"Ms. Todd stated that she was not robbed and there is no 6'4" black male attacker," the police added. "She indicated that she has had a prior mental problems and she does not remember how the backward letter "B" got on her face."
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#11 Oct 24, 2008
No jail for mother who took baby to party - Baby ate crack

New York - The Buffalo woman whose infant son became ill on crack cocaine and opiates at a party almost five months ago was spared a jail term Tuesday. City Judge Joseph A. Fiorella ordered Marceia D. Dixon, 20, to submit to unannounced drug testing and warrantless searches of her new home while she is on probation for the next year. In sparing her a jail term, he said he was impressed with her “evidence of remorse” and her willingness to turn her life around.

Is this really what our justice system has come to.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#12 Oct 24, 2008
Bodies removed from foreclosed funeral home

PONTIAC, Michigan — The bodies of five people and cremains for 22 others are on their way to a county medical examiner's office after the funeral home sending them to their place of rest was foreclosed on Friday morning. Pontiac, Mich. Medical Examiner's administrator Robert Gerds said the bank holding the note for the House of Burns Memorial Chapel has been working with his office for a couple of weeks to avoid mishandling of the remains. The 50th District Court in Pontiac scheduled the foreclosure to start at 3 a.m. Friday, he added.

Even the dead are not safe from this economic downturn.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#13 Oct 24, 2008
Woman grows dreadlockss to nine feet long

MIAMI – Asha Mandela has hair that could rival Rapunzel's. The South Florida woman who started growing her hair 20 years ago now has locks longer than she is tall.
Mandela has submitted her hair, which measure 8 feet 9 inches long, to the Guinness Book of World Records for the Longest Dreadlocks, the first entry in a new category.
It takes one bottle of shampoo and one bottle of conditioner every time she washes her hair and can sometimes take days to fully dry after she washes it.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#14 Oct 24, 2008
Man Farts on Cops
September 26th, 2008 · No Comments
A West Virginia man who police said passed gas and fanned it toward a patrolman has been charged with battery on a police officer.

Jose A. Cruz, 34, of Clarksburg, was pulled over early Tuesday for driving without headlights, police said. According to the criminal complaint, Cruz smelled of alcohol, had slurred speech and failed three field sobriety tests before he was handcuffed and taken to a police station for a breathalyzer test.

As Patrolman T.E. Parsons prepared the machine, Cruz scooted his chair toward Parsons, lifted his leg and “passed gas loudly,” the complaint said. Cruz, according to complaint, then fanned the gas toward the officer.

“The gas was very odorous and created contact of an insulting or provoking nature with Patrolman Parsons,” the complaint alleged. He was also charged with driving under the influence, driving without headlights and two counts of obstruction.

Cruz acknowledged passing gas, but said he didn’t move his chair toward the officer nor aim gas at the patrolman. He said he had an upset stomach at the time, but police denied his request to go to the bathroom when he first arrived at the station.“I couldn’t hold it no more,” he said.

He also denied being drunk and uncooperative as the police complaint alleged. He added he was upset at being prepared for a breathalyzer test while having an asthma attack. The police statement said he later resisted being secured for a trip to a hospital that he requested for asthma treatment.

Cruz said the officers thought the gas incident was funny when it happened and laughed about it with him. Now that story is a real gas!!!
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#15 Oct 24, 2008
Baby For Sale on Ebay - Baby For Sale?!
May 25th, 2008 · No Comments
German police confirm that they today have taken a seven month baby away from a couple in Bavaria and local child welfare investigators are looking into them after the couple put the child up for sale on Internet auction site Ebay. The description read,“Male baby almost 8 months old, sleeps well through the night and does not cry much.”“Good for infertile couple or single man/woman wanting a child.”

The baby boy was put on sale on Tuesday at a starting price of one euro (1.58 dollars) and was withdrawn from the site around two and a half hours later, police said. There had been no posted offers but the couple may have recieved numerous offers via email. The mother said it was meant as a joke, but police and state officials failed to see the funny side, putting the baby into state care and charging both parents for attempted child trafficking. Police cheif Wesley Offerman is quoted as saying,“We all find our kids annoying sometimes but selling them is not the answer.”

This is not funny it is sick but I thought it deserved your scrutiny.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#16 Oct 24, 2008
mother had her forehead tattooed with the web address of a gambling site after auctioning off advertising space on her head to pay for her son's school fees.
Karolyne Smith has to live with a permanent billboard on her forehead after she accepted Goldenpalace.com 's offer of $10,000 for the 'advertising space'. She needed the money to send her son Brady to a private school.

Karolyne said: ""I really want to do this. To everyone else, it seems like a stupid thing to do. To me,$10,000 is like a million dollars."

"I only live once and I'm doing it for my son. It's a small sacrifice to build a better future for my son."

Karolyne did not take the decision lightly. She discussed it for more than three weeks with her boyfriend Jeremy Williams.

Smith's eBay auction attracted more than 27,000 hits and 1,000 watchers. Bidding reached $999.99 before Goldenpalace.com , an Internet gambling company met Smith's $10,000 asking price. Goldenpalace.com also gave her another $5,000 for her trouble.

Would any of you do this.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#17 Oct 24, 2008
DJ's angry wife sells $45,000 sports car for less than $1.00!
A controversial radio DJ's wife sold his $45,000 sports car on eBay for less than a dollar after he flirted with model Jodie Marsh on air.
Kerrang 105.2's Tim Shaw told the sexy babe he was prepared to leave his wife and their two children for her.

The DJ's wife was listening and immediately started an auction on eBay to sell his Lotus Esprit Turbo with a 'Buy It Now' option of $1.00.

The item description read: "I need to get rid of this car in the next two to three hours before my husband gets home to find it gone and all his belongings in the street."

The car was sold in under five minutes.

It wasn't the first time this DJ upset his 27-year-old wife. When she was pregnant he rang up her sister live on air and said he thought about her while having sex with his wife.

Mrs Shaw said: "When he said he would leave me and the kids for Jodie Marsh, that was it for me. I am sick of him disrespecting this family for the sake of his act.

"The car is his pride and joy but the idiot put my name on the log book so I just sold it. I didn't care about the money, I just wanted to get him back."

She added: "There is no hope for a reconciliation." A Kerrang 105.2 spokesperson said the DJ was 'absolutely gutted'.

Some people.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#18 Oct 26, 2008
US to get Marijuana vending Machines
Vending machines distributing the drug marijuana are to begin operating in the US state of California. The machines can only be used by people who have been prescribed the drug for health reasons.
Patients will have to provide a prescription, and be fingerprinted and photographed before being allowed to use the facilities.

Eleven US states allow the medicinal use of marijuana, primarily for pain relief, but it remains controversial.

Vince Mehdizadeh, owner of the Herbal Nutrition Centre in Los Angeles, where one of the two first machines is based, said it would allow patients to buy extra supplies whenever needed.

How long before someone figures out how to access this without going thru the system.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#19 Oct 26, 2008
Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women
Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.
Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

One disgruntled Santa told the newspaper a recruitment firm warned him not to use "ho ho ho" because it could frighten children and was too close to "ho", a US slang term for prostitute.

"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

"Leave Santa alone."

A local spokesman for the US-based Westaff recruitment firm said it was "misleading" to say the company had banned Santa's traditional greeting and it was being left up to the discretion of the individual Santa himself.
Dark Empire

Norwood, NC

#20 Oct 26, 2008
Police chief ready for zombie attack
A US police chief has stockpiled chainsaws - in case his city is invaded by zombies.
A US police chief has stockpiled chainsaws - in case his city is invaded by zombies.

Police lieutenant Bruce Ferguson says his team are ready for any attack on Lansing, Michigan.

"We have been doing mock disasters and cross training for several years," he told the Lansing State Journal.

"People can feel confident, if zombies start invading, we'll know how to close the streets. We can get chainsaws too.

"If a swarm comes in on I-496 westbound, we'll block off the exits so they miss the city."

I have no words for this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My Wife Talk in Sleep 1 hr resident 4
cnn 1 hr resident 1
The USA Debt and who caused it. 1 hr resident 4
No Vote on Cutting Rich People Taxes Today. 1 hr Bronnie Meadows 9
The Big ,Fat large, Lying ,Joke of a leader 1 hr Bronnie Meadows 13
Curtis Photogenic 2 hr Voter 29
Behind closed doors, tensions in the Republica... 4 hr Bronnie Meadows 4
uaw in hutcinson 10 hr moon ray 145

Livingston Jobs

More from around the web