friend

Monroe, TN

#1 Jun 2, 2010
I heard that in the cookeville paper there was a story about a girl that a jogger found on the side of the road does anyone know anything about this
Herald-Citizen

Monroe, TN

#2 Jun 2, 2010
friend wrote:
I heard that in the cookeville paper there was a story about a girl that a jogger found on the side of the road does anyone know anything about this
PUTNAM COUNTY -- A body found on a roadside in Smith County Friday evening is that of a Putnam County woman missing for almost two weeks, officials say.

Cynthia Dawn Crabtree, 28, was reported missing back on May 21 by her mother, Donna Offutt of Cowan Road, who told Putnam Sheriff's Deputy Ron Harris at that time that she had not seen or heard from her daughter since May 17 and that she was worried about her.

On Friday evening, Putnam Sheriff David Andrews was notified by Smith County authorities of a body found on a roadside there, and he sent detectives to the scene, suspecting that it might be the body of the woman reported missing here.

According to Carthage Courier news reporter Eddie West, who interviewed Smith County Sheriff's officials about the case, the body was found around 5:30 p.m. on Friday, May 28, by a man who was jogging along a rural roadside in the New Middleton community just off Interstate 40 about 10 miles west of Carthage.

Reportedly, the jogger found the body in a weedy area just off Highway 141 near the Alexandria exit of I-40. It appeared that the body had been there for several days, Smith County officials told West.

Detective Shannon Hunt of that county, Smith Sheriff Ronnie Langford, TBI agents, and Putnam Sheriff's Detectives Mike Hoover, Bob Crabtree, Shane Higgenbotham, and Brian Maxwell worked at the scene almost all night Friday.

Reportedly, there was no sign of any blunt force trauma to the body, which was sent to Nashville for an autopsy.

This morning, Crabtree said the medical examiner has determined that the body is that of Cynthia Dawn Crabtree. Some sources said the identification was aided by two tattoos of the victim's children's names, one on each wrist.

Today, the investigation continues. Detectives are awaiting the full autopsy report to learn the cause of death, and of course, they want to know where the death occurred and how and why the body was left on a roadside in Smith County.

Back on May 21 when her mother reported her missing, Detective Mike Hoover had opened an investigation and had searched for Crabtree.

Her mother had told Harris on May 21 that she had spoken with her daughter on May 17 and that her daughter told her she was at an acquaintance's home and was waiting to get a ride to another friend's home.

Deputy Harris contacted that friend, a woman, who told him that Crabtree had left on May 18 "with an unknown male subject headed to Nashville," the Harris report says.

Harris noted in the report that Cynthia Crabtree was "said to be homeless at the time of this report" and that she had recently stayed at the Alpine Lodge in Cookeville.

Read more: Herald Citizen - Missing Cookeville woman s body found in Smith County
Tiger

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jun 5, 2010
Very sad.
Missin You

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jun 10, 2010
RIP Cindy. You will be missed
cares

Columbia, SC

#5 Jun 10, 2010
so sad rip
cousin Michelle

United States

#6 Nov 9, 2010
So very sad. You are missed dearly. love to the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JD masters promised steve castle chief deputy p... 10 min Steve Castle 5
Coopers Recycling (Mar '12) 26 min moved 36
Garrett needs to GO!!! 2 hr Talon 2
Campground rd. 2 hr Wastedmoney 3
Shoting 3 hr peter sizemore 2
City Mayor 4 hr Danny W 27
The $668,000.00 Thousand Dollars job on sidewal... 4 hr me too 10

Livingston Jobs

Personal Finance

Livingston Mortgages