haha

Livingston, TN

#326 Jul 13, 2010
messed up wrote:
No - this is not about politics, or at least it wasn't.
It is about a man losing his life while in his bed where he was sleeping. This is about the SWAT team putting an article in the paper stating they have been cleared before TBI's report or the DA's report were completed.
This is about the law taking the word of a now convicted drug dealer about the actions of a man they had no previous dealings with.
The TBI has finished their report now. Ron's weapon was never discharged, yet he was shot three times at close range - twice being in the heart.
And the SWAT team wants us to quit talking about it!! They want to put it behind them.
Tell Ron's kids that they have to 'put it behind them'.
Go ahead and tell Ron's family to get over it.
Convince the neighbors that they are safe.
Tell Abby to forget it happened.
That is what this is about. The heck with politics, we want justice and to be safe in our own beds!! And for our children to be safe in theirs!
if he was shot in the heart twice how was he able to resist them from cuffing him.
get real and where did u read the tbi report at, people would like the same chance to do the same.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#327 Jul 13, 2010
haha re-read the post that messed up wrote. He or she wasn't saying they read the TBI report.
haha

Livingston, TN

#328 Jul 13, 2010
JustamwhoIam wrote:
haha re-read the post that messed up wrote. He or she wasn't saying they read the TBI report.
maybe u should reread it
knowitall

Livingston, TN

#329 Jul 13, 2010
Enough wrote:
I don't come in here very often! Hard to find intelligent people to talk with...
Could it be the other way around? Maybe you're not intelligent enough to discuss these issues?
knowitall

Livingston, TN

#330 Jul 13, 2010
haha wrote:
<quoted text>if he was shot in the heart twice how was he able to resist them from cuffing him.
get real and where did u read the tbi report at, people would like the same chance to do the same.
Who says he was able to resist them from cuffing him? If they'd lie and cover up other things, don't you think they might lie about this?
haha

Livingston, TN

#331 Jul 13, 2010
knowitall wrote:
<quoted text>Who says he was able to resist them from cuffing him? If they'd lie and cover up other things, don't you think they might lie about this?
wb melton said he was resisting them it was in the paper,just one more thing they lied about
haha

Livingston, TN

#332 Jul 13, 2010
Shootout results in man’s death
By Dale Welch,
Hilltop Express

A feud between two Hanging Limb men ended with one being fatally wounded by Overton County Sheriff’s Department’s Critical Response Team in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day.

Ronald James Eibel, 55, of Key Hollow Lane, in the Hanging Limb Community of Overton County, was shot by the Critical Response team after he allegedly fired on them first as they attempted to serve a warrant. Eibel later died on the way to the hospital, authorities said.

No one would comment about what the feud between Eibel and a neighbor, Joe Calvette, was about, other than it had been going on for a long time. Calvette had gone to Overton County Sheriff’s Department on Thursday, Dec. 31, and reportedly, had told authorities Eibel had been stalking him and his family for months. Warrants were obtained for aggravated stalking, Overton County Sheriff W.B. Melton said.

Sheriff Melton said that around 10 p.m., the Sheriff’s Dept. received reports from neighbors alleging that Eibel was walking around near the road with a gun and threatened the life of Calvette.

Five of seven members of the Critical Response Team along with Sheriff Melton arrived sometime after midnight, Sheriff Melton said. Sheriff Melton said they had blue lights running and that he went around to secure the back of the house.

The team announced themselves as law enforcement officers and were let in by Eibel’s wife,the sheriff said. As they attempted to enter the bedroom where Ronald Eibel was, the sheriff said that Eibel, using a handgun, shot one shot and a deputy shot back twice, hitting Eibel in the chest and in the hand.

When Sheriff Melton heard the three shots, he said, he came running into the house and found deputies struggling to handcuff the wounded Eibel.

“He was telling them to leave him alone and get out of there,” Sheriff Melton said.

Eibel was trying to finish up the dream house of his wife, Abby. The dry wall, siding, tile, and a few other things were still to be installed to complete it.

“He would help a lot of the people around here,” his wife said.“That’s just the way he was.”
knowitall

Livingston, TN

#333 Jul 13, 2010
haha wrote:
<quoted text>wb melton said he was resisting them it was in the paper,just one more thing they lied about
Many people in that area believe that WB was not even there when the shooting occured. Could this be true? The way everything seems to be hidden and covered up by this administration, the truth may never be known.
just me

Livingston, TN

#334 Jul 13, 2010
messed up thank you could not of said it better my self
messed up

Monroe, TN

#335 Jul 14, 2010
There were 3 shots and Ron did not discharge his weapon. WB stated in one of the newspaper reports that he was outside when the shooting occurred and was definitely not one of the officers who were in the home at the time of the shooting.

The members of the SWAT team stated that they would answer questions. Go ask them. I have done my research (outside of topix) I suggest you do yours if you still have questions.
haha

Livingston, TN

#336 Jul 14, 2010
messed up wrote:
There were 3 shots and Ron did not discharge his weapon. WB stated in one of the newspaper reports that he was outside when the shooting occurred and was definitely not one of the officers who were in the home at the time of the shooting.
The members of the SWAT team stated that they would answer questions. Go ask them. I have done my research (outside of topix) I suggest you do yours if you still have questions.
then why does wb say that ron fired one shot at them, how do u know he did not fire at them it was said by the almitey wb himself, all his supportes belive him, thankful im not one of them.
Enough

Livingston, TN

#337 Jul 14, 2010
I would like to thank the deputies for doing their jobs and keeping us safe!!! God Bless you all!! I am so sorry that this is an election year and the are so many unscrupulos people out there! May God give them what they have earned!
Tax Payer

United States

#338 Jul 14, 2010
Enough wrote:
I would like to thank the deputies for doing their jobs and keeping us safe!!! God Bless you all!! I am so sorry that this is an election year and the are so many unscrupulos people out there! May God give them what they have earned!
Thank you and well said, they have thankless jobs, and no one knows what they put up with in a days time, nor do I. That's why they do what they do, and the rest of the people do their jobs, which I have never seen anyone on here telling the rest of the world how to do their jobs. If they know so much about the law, and what their duties are I don't know why they are not doing law enforcement instead of drawing checks in the mail. If I had any desire to do a law enforcement job, then I would be trying to get into the next class, but that is not my thing. I have enough faith in the fact that they know more than me what the laws are and how to enforce them that they don't need my advice. I will do my job to the best of my ability and let them do theirs. I would not hesitate to call them if I had a problem, and have the faith that they would do their best to take care of it. Sorry for the ones that don't feel the same, but they can always go elsewhere and see if it is really much different anywhere else.
just me

Livingston, TN

#339 Jul 14, 2010
well tax payer lets just hope you dont have to call them and if you did you would be telling a differnt story
samuel

Jamestown, TN

#340 Jul 14, 2010
Enough wrote:
please go to Hanging Limb and tell the woman who lost her husband with three gunshots to his body as he lay in bed because a drug dealer calling in on him saying he was wondering the streets with a gun. A lie can get you killed in Overton County.
Dont piss any drug dealers off that are peddling drugs around your neighborhood . Dont tell them to stop , dont make them mad.
Im glad its an election year. We cant take no more here in the mountain area, people are mad as hell. we are a voting block too!
Tax Payer

United States

#341 Jul 14, 2010
samuel wrote:
<quoted text>
please go to Hanging Limb and tell the woman who lost her husband with three gunshots to his body as he lay in bed because a drug dealer calling in on him saying he was wondering the streets with a gun. A lie can get you killed in Overton County.
Dont piss any drug dealers off that are peddling drugs around your neighborhood . Dont tell them to stop , dont make them mad.
Im glad its an election year. We cant take no more here in the mountain area, people are mad as hell. we are a voting block too!
Well, Samuel, the thing is that they did their job there too. I am so sorry for the man who lost his life, his wife, and family. They did do their job, however, their job does not consist of running a background check on people who take out a warrant of this kind. They take their job, as well as when someone feels endangered, seriously. I know a couple of those men, and I know for a fact that none of them would EVER take anyone's life just for s***s and giggles, but what people need to understand is the fact that they were doing their job. They did not know this man any more than they knew the one taking the warrant out. The thing is, the man pulled a gun on them, and they done what they were trained to do. I am sorry too, but watch a training video as i did, and they done their job. That's why not many that choose to do the job, simply can't. You could not pay me enough to do their job, let alone take the liability, and criticism that comes with it, I will never comprehend why one would want to do it, but in all honesty, they did nothing wrong. I myself have a loaded gun by my bedside, I hope that they never have to come into my house late at night, because I would probably do the same thing as Mr. Eibel did, but I have no intention of walking down the street with it, making threats to my neighbors before I lay down at night either. Maybe the thing for him to have done was to report the goings on to the sheriff's dept. and let them handle it instead of taking it into his own hands.
alpinekitty

Livingston, TN

#342 Jul 14, 2010
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Samuel, the thing is that they did their job there too. I am so sorry for the man who lost his life, his wife, and family. They did do their job, however, their job does not consist of running a background check on people who take out a warrant of this kind. They take their job, as well as when someone feels endangered, seriously. I know a couple of those men, and I know for a fact that none of them would EVER take anyone's life just for s***s and giggles, but what people need to understand is the fact that they were doing their job. They did not know this man any more than they knew the one taking the warrant out. The thing is, the man pulled a gun on them, and they done what they were trained to do. I am sorry too, but watch a training video as i did, and they done their job. That's why not many that choose to do the job, simply can't. You could not pay me enough to do their job, let alone take the liability, and criticism that comes with it, I will never comprehend why one would want to do it, but in all honesty, they did nothing wrong. I myself have a loaded gun by my bedside, I hope that they never have to come into my house late at night, because I would probably do the same thing as Mr. Eibel did, but I have no intention of walking down the street with it, making threats to my neighbors before I lay down at night either. Maybe the thing for him to have done was to report the goings on to the sheriff's dept. and let them handle it instead of taking it into his own hands.
Your a dumba** who obviously needs to get out more!!!!!This is a joke of a department compared to anywhere else. These are the guys that work here that cant make it anywhere else.
Tax Payer

United States

#343 Jul 14, 2010
Tell me about it, I am not the one living in Alpine, the drug capitol of America. You want to blame someone, blame the caring neighbors that sold the drug dealers the land. Maybe if they hadn't been so greedy and truly cared about their fellow neighbors, they would have checked into what kind of people they were selling to. But lets sell out to Floridians, Mexicans, and, yes, Russians for the love of money, instead of the love of neighbor and family. This county has gone to greed. Maybe you should blame the previous land owners before you blame the police for doing the job that they took a sworn oath to do. Did the Calvette's and Eibel's know each other prior to coming to the O.C.? I don't know where they are from particularly, but around here you don't take the law into your own hand. If that's how you people choose to do it, then take it in to your own hands, and leave the law out of it, and then when you can't handle it on your own, don't bother calling. It was your own choice. That mountain is kind of like the Middle East anyway, bass ackwards, and damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
just me

Livingston, TN

#344 Jul 14, 2010
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Samuel, the thing is that they did their job there too. I am so sorry for the man who lost his life, his wife, and family. They did do their job, however, their job does not consist of running a background check on people who take out a warrant of this kind. They take their job, as well as when someone feels endangered, seriously. I know a couple of those men, and I know for a fact that none of them would EVER take anyone's life just for s***s and giggles, but what people need to understand is the fact that they were doing their job. They did not know this man any more than they knew the one taking the warrant out. The thing is, the man pulled a gun on them, and they done what they were trained to do. I am sorry too, but watch a training video as i did, and they done their job. That's why not many that choose to do the job, simply can't. You could not pay me enough to do their job, let alone take the liability, and criticism that comes with it, I will never comprehend why one would want to do it, but in all honesty, they did nothing wrong. I myself have a loaded gun by my bedside, I hope that they never have to come into my house late at night, because I would probably do the same thing as Mr. Eibel did, but I have no intention of walking down the street with it, making threats to my neighbors before I lay down at night either. Maybe the thing for him to have done was to report the goings on to the sheriff's dept. and let them handle it instead of taking it into his own hands.
you have got to be kidding me. someone has got way to far inside your head and got you believing there BS. from WBs lips warrant was taken out at 5 report man with gun in street threatening family at 10 and they wait 2 hours to respond, give me a break and please they have you believe they did not know joe colvette please don't be so naive they had drug charges and theft charges on him they knew him well and when has it ever been there job to kill people most law enforcement i know its the last thing they ever what to do my suggestion to you is to crawl back in the hole you came from better yet run
Tax Payer

United States

#345 Jul 14, 2010
A cross between Deliverance and Ruby Ridge, that's what it is. Maybe you all should warn the next family of how it is before they move in there. I don't care who you are voting for either one has their work cut out for them when it comes to your mountain. I have a great idea, why don't you form a private community ,get you a constable an a few good men and keep it on the mountain? You are closer to putnam and fentress counties in some parts, why not let them take over? I am sure they could do a much better job!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Mayor Ralph 56 min Sasha C 4
Sadler Smackdown of 2012 (Dec '12) 59 min Sasha C 427
corupt town (Oct '14) 1 hr Sasha C 366
Poor Leadership in Livingston 1 hr Sasha C 281
Thinking about running against Mayor Hayes next... 1 hr Sasha C 143
Langford for Mayor 1 hr Sasha C 170
James Norrod what's he done for roads?NOTHING 1 hr Sasha C 18
Who bought or leased the old Wendy's building? 3 hr Lisa 6
More from around the web

Livingston People Search