small wonder

Cookeville, TN

#636 Feb 19, 2011
grumpy282 wrote:
I had no idea we had lost so many classmates. How long ago has all this happened. And you said Bugs was shot in the stomach was she murdered? This all just rips me apart. I can't believe I never heard about any of them. I have always lived around this area and had no idea.
Bugs was my sister. She was shot accidently.
grumpy282

Jamestown, TN

#637 Feb 20, 2011
small wonder wrote:
<quoted text> Bugs was my sister. She was shot accidently.
When did this happen. She was a good friend of mine in high school and one of the best people I knew. I hadn't seen or heard from her since about our Sophmore or Junior year. I had talked to her one morning in class and then I missed a few days of school sick and when I came back I never saw or heard from her again. I didn't know what had happened to her. Just know that your sister was one special person to me and I love and miss her and think of her often.
Miss him

Livingston, TN

#638 Feb 20, 2011
Clinton Paul Hargis 1996
Teresa

Cookeville, TN

#639 Feb 20, 2011
sad wrote:
Rena Lewis RIP
anyone know what happen to her?
Gosh I just heard about Renea's passing. I have no idea what happened to her either. So sad to hear about her passing!!
THM

Mount Juliet, TN

#640 Feb 20, 2011
Earl Douglas (Butch) Hunter
Class of "68" (not sure)
01-26-47
05-03-05
small wonder

Cookeville, TN

#641 Feb 21, 2011
grumpy282 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did this happen. She was a good friend of mine in high school and one of the best people I knew. I hadn't seen or heard from her since about our Sophmore or Junior year. I had talked to her one morning in class and then I missed a few days of school sick and when I came back I never saw or heard from her again. I didn't know what had happened to her. Just know that your sister was one special person to me and I love and miss her and think of her often.
Dec 6th, 1986. She is buried at Overton Memorial Gardens if u would like to visit. Yes, she was very special. Thank you for remembering her. She was loved by so many people. I miss her everyday.
grumpy282

Jamestown, TN

#642 Feb 23, 2011
I will most definitely visit, I think of her often and miss her terribly. I really had no idea that she was gone from us and certainly had no idea that was why she never returned to school. I thought she had merely quit or moved. I am truly sorry for your loss as I know personally what a special person she was and what a special Angel she is. Thank you so much for helping locate my special friend I have missed for so many years, I only wish it would have been happier news.
small wonder wrote:
<quoted text> Dec 6th, 1986. She is buried at Overton Memorial Gardens if u would like to visit. Yes, she was very special. Thank you for remembering her. She was loved by so many people. I miss her everyday.
small wonder

Cookeville, TN

#643 Feb 24, 2011
grumpy282 wrote:
I will most definitely visit, I think of her often and miss her terribly. I really had no idea that she was gone from us and certainly had no idea that was why she never returned to school. I thought she had merely quit or moved. I am truly sorry for your loss as I know personally what a special person she was and what a special Angel she is. Thank you so much for helping locate my special friend I have missed for so many years, I only wish it would have been happier news.
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words. Her death tore my family apart. Do u have a facebook acct? I am wondering if I know u? Take care
Heavy Hearted

Cookeville, TN

#644 Apr 1, 2011
Last night I learned that my old friend, Lloyd Greenwood, passed away. My heart is heavy. He was a constant source of strength during those crazy high school days when we all were searching to find who we were and where we fit. The words of Elton John come to my mind

"Daniel my brother, you were older than me. Do you still feel the pain, of the scars that won't heal? Your eyes have died, but you see more than I. Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky."

Loyd, you're a star in the face of the sky. I shall see you there. Rest in peace, and thank you for all you did for me as a friend in days gone by. May your family find the comfort and peace they seek in the wake of your loss. You will be missed.
Mark

Berthoud, CO

#645 Apr 1, 2011
The class of 77 has lost another one of our brothers and sisters. With great sadness I learned of Lloyd’s passing. He was a great friend and will truly be missed. My prayers go out to his family and friends.
Sheehver Shohver Shoohver

Kerrville, TX

#646 Apr 1, 2011
I grew up not too far away from Tony Winningham. I think he married a girl named Robin while we were all in school. They seemed kinda young at the time but hey, "C'est la vie say the old folks it goes to show ya never can tell." Such a beautiful part of the country, is Overton County. My family had about 80 acres on Eagle Creek and I'm blessed to have spent part of my childhood in those wild hills, it was so beautiful and remote but I understand that it's changed a lot. My dad had a huge fight with the school board because we were right on the Livingston/Monroe line, and the school bus driver didn't want to come clear out to our place just to pick up two kids, me and my brother. My dad used to MAKE HIM come out to the house and pick us up and drop us off. To get back at my dad, bus driver Rex Melton let a bunch of kids from Monroe beat the shit out of me on the bus one time. Asshole. I was sad to hear about Bill Hall and David Officer, they were in my class and it seems they went too soon. I understand how David Officer died, but what happened to Bill Hall?? Tragic, others too. I also heard that Jeff Copeland was killed in a truck accident in the Northeast? Is that true, does anyone know? Jeff had the bluest eyes. I used to spend time in town with my good friend Lindy and Betsy and Mark Upchurch lived just a little ways away. Mitzi Windle's mother and dad Onita and Perry were good friends with my parents and they used to play cards together on New Year's Eve. My mother used to work at LA and even worked at Livingston Elem. until Tom Parrigin ran her off for having ideas that were far too "progressive" for the times (my mom was against paddling kids for each and every minor infraction and Tom Parrigin had a real love affair going with that big board of his, of course the Superintendent and he were good buddies so nothing was ever going to change there. I remember when Jack Webb dropped dead in PE class, I thought it would kill Lyndel Arney too, she was absolutely devastated and a lot of the kids had to be sent home too, from the shock of it. My teacher Mrs. Scott sat at her desk and just sobbed. We all sobbed. It was a sad, terrible day.

There does seem to be a disproportionate number of cancer cases in the area.

Have you all thought about getting your groundwater checked????

Strange, very very strange, the number of cancer cases. And such strange, rare cancers, some of 'em.......
Hmmm

Livingston, TN

#647 Apr 1, 2011
Sheehver Shohver Shoohver wrote:
I grew up not too far away from Tony Winningham. I think he married a girl named Robin while we were all in school. They seemed kinda young at the time but hey, "C'est la vie say the old folks it goes to show ya never can tell." Such a beautiful part of the country, is Overton County. My family had about 80 acres on Eagle Creek and I'm blessed to have spent part of my childhood in those wild hills, it was so beautiful and remote but I understand that it's changed a lot. My dad had a huge fight with the school board because we were right on the Livingston/Monroe line, and the school bus driver didn't want to come clear out to our place just to pick up two kids, me and my brother. My dad used to MAKE HIM come out to the house and pick us up and drop us off. To get back at my dad, bus driver Rex Melton let a bunch of kids from Monroe beat the shit out of me on the bus one time. Asshole. I was sad to hear about Bill Hall and David Officer, they were in my class and it seems they went too soon. I understand how David Officer died, but what happened to Bill Hall?? Tragic, others too. I also heard that Jeff Copeland was killed in a truck accident in the Northeast? Is that true, does anyone know? Jeff had the bluest eyes. I used to spend time in town with my good friend Lindy and Betsy and Mark Upchurch lived just a little ways away. Mitzi Windle's mother and dad Onita and Perry were good friends with my parents and they used to play cards together on New Year's Eve. My mother used to work at LA and even worked at Livingston Elem. until Tom Parrigin ran her off for having ideas that were far too "progressive" for the times (my mom was against paddling kids for each and every minor infraction and Tom Parrigin had a real love affair going with that big board of his, of course the Superintendent and he were good buddies so nothing was ever going to change there. I remember when Jack Webb dropped dead in PE class, I thought it would kill Lyndel Arney too, she was absolutely devastated and a lot of the kids had to be sent home too, from the shock of it. My teacher Mrs. Scott sat at her desk and just sobbed. We all sobbed. It was a sad, terrible day.
Strange, very very strange, the number of cancer cases. And such strange, rare cancers, some of 'em.......
I have been saying that for YEARS! It seems like just about every family in this area has dealt with a cancer related death or illness. I didn't grow up here. Coming from another part of the country and looking at it, I just have never seen so many families in such a small area be affected by cancer. It does make one wonder.
needs help

United States

#648 Apr 1, 2011
Loyd Greenwood was class of 1977

Kerrville, TX

#649 Apr 1, 2011
Didn't he have red hair and he had a real boistrous personality. Seems like he was growing a mustache or a beard or something like that and he was only in the 7th grade. He was a handful. Sweet kid, though, as I remember.......
Heavy Hearted

Cookeville, TN

#651 Apr 1, 2011
Yes, he had red hair. His was one of those large personalities, you know, the room filling kind. He was a great person and will be missed. He was in my class, and was always a lot of fun to be around.

I was reading your first post, and I agree about the cancer rate here. It seems to be everywhere.

Kerrville, TX

#652 Apr 1, 2011
Heavy Hearted wrote:
Yes, he had red hair. His was one of those large personalities, you know, the room filling kind. He was a great person and will be missed. He was in my class, and was always a lot of fun to be around.
I was reading your first post, and I agree about the cancer rate here. It seems to be everywhere.
I've lived in a lot of different cities - I've lived in Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio - and it's NOTHING like that in Texas. I wonder why the cancer rate is so high?!? What did they do, take the wastewater from Oak Ridge and dump it up there in the hills?!? Or is it the runoff from somewhere to the north of Overton County? I'd be wanting to find out....... esp. if so many people were getting cancer, and so young! Believe me, it's really out-of-proportion to other places in the nation. Weird. REAL weird.
Heavy Hearted

Cookeville, TN

#653 Apr 1, 2011
They say that is could be linked to high Radon gas levels. I know that I've tested my house, and don't have a high level, but there's one neighborhood in particular where the levels are supposed to be extremely high. I don't know if Radon is really the culprit or not, but so I have heard.
john q tax payer

Nashville, TN

#654 Apr 1, 2011
Heavy Hearted wrote:
They say that is could be linked to high Radon gas levels. I know that I've tested my house, and don't have a high level, but there's one neighborhood in particular where the levels are supposed to be extremely high. I don't know if Radon is really the culprit or not, but so I have heard.
What neighborhood would that be I might live in that neighborhood?
huh

Monterey, TN

#655 Apr 1, 2011
Sheehver Shohver Shoohver wrote:
When did you hear this about Jeff (Blue Eyes) Copeland from Alpine? I know him and have not heard anyone locally say anything had happened to him.
hoosierdaddy

Jamestown, TN

#656 Apr 1, 2011
Heavy Hearted wrote:
Last night I learned that my old friend, Lloyd Greenwood, passed away. My heart is heavy. He was a constant source of strength during those crazy high school days when we all were searching to find who we were and where we fit. The words of Elton John come to my mind
"Daniel my brother, you were older than me. Do you still feel the pain, of the scars that won't heal? Your eyes have died, but you see more than I. Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky."
Loyd, you're a star in the face of the sky. I shall see you there. Rest in peace, and thank you for all you did for me as a friend in days gone by. May your family find the comfort and peace they seek in the wake of your loss. You will be missed.
I have known Loyd since 4th grade. He was always fun to be around and we had some good times together. He put smiles on many faces. He was one friend I will miss deeply and always remember. RIP old buddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 14 min WTSenior 149,718
Who will win Ron Cyrus or Ben Danner ?? 3 hr Delta Country 113
paving parking lot off square 4 hr Delta Country 8
overton county school system 6 hr North Wind 395
natural gas prices 6 hr grass roots 60
Bronnie Meadows 9 hr 46theman 50
name that livingston eyesore/ lets see how many... 10 hr Good Luck 18
•••
•••
Livingston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••