Friend

Jamestown, TN

#41 Dec 14, 2010
She also needs the same treatment that he recieves..
my uncles mom

Monroe, TN

#42 Dec 14, 2010
ok so this was my uncles mom that you all are talking about...i got the call from the crime scene two hours after her body was found. she was not stabbed to dead but strangled by a cord. we arent sure of the reasoning yet. but they have grandson Ben Breeding in custody in indiana not florida. they are expediting him back here as soon as they can.
my uncles mom

Monroe, TN

#43 Dec 14, 2010
oh and yes his girlfriend was with him but i dont know who she is
link

Spartanburg, SC

#44 Dec 14, 2010
like family

Cookeville, TN

#45 Dec 14, 2010
People, please, Pearl was like a grandma to me. Stop the speculation. Yes, they have Benjamin in custody, and for the record, its Benjamin Bowers, not Breeding. Yes he's Jason & Brandon's brother. I agree that his girlfriend should get the same treatment Ben does, and I hope he pays dearly. Don't get me wrong, I loved Ben, but I loved Pearl, and she DIDN'T deserve everything he's done to her. She gave him EVERYTHING. And I do mean EVERYTHING! Please, everyone, pray for the family & close friends.
student

Nashville, TN

#46 Dec 14, 2010
kaylan polochak. she is 16. as far as i know pearl was suffocated. that's what someone on the volunteer fire deparment said. i also heard that they caught ben in florida and foung pearl's car in indiana where kaylan is from.

is that true??????????
sad person

Byrdstown, TN

#47 Dec 14, 2010
Yes the grandson did indeed do it. His name is Ben Breeding. His girlfriends name is Kalyn Polochech if thats how you spell her last name. I was friends with both of them. I knew they had their problems but I never ever thought they would go this far. I met Pearl once. She wasn't exactly the nicest when i met her but she didnt deserve to end up the way she did. She helped everyone she could i know this for a fact. Ben and Kalyn moved in with her a few weeks ago. I know they both did crystal and it was most likely over money for that. What sucks for kalyn is shes only 16. This is a mistake neither can undo. Prayers for Pearls family and may her soul rest in peace.
hurting

Livingston, TN

#48 Dec 14, 2010
sad person wrote:
Yes the grandson did indeed do it. His name is Ben Breeding. His girlfriends name is Kalyn Polochech if thats how you spell her last name. I was friends with both of them. I knew they had their problems but I never ever thought they would go this far. I met Pearl once. She wasn't exactly the nicest when i met her but she didnt deserve to end up the way she did. She helped everyone she could i know this for a fact. Ben and Kalyn moved in with her a few weeks ago. I know they both did crystal and it was most likely over money for that. What sucks for kalyn is shes only 16. This is a mistake neither can undo. Prayers for Pearls family and may her soul rest in peace.
his last name is NOT Breeding it's Bowers. I've known those kids since they were 5 years old.Pearl will be missed.She was a bright spot in my day everyday that I seen her. I loved her so much.
Anon

Murfreesboro, TN

#49 Dec 14, 2010
They do have Ben Bowers in custody in Indiana and Kalyn is in Juvenille Detention in Indiana, but neither of them have been charged with the death of Ms. Breeding, they have been charged with the theft of her car so far but are of interest in the passing of Ms. Breeding and will be transported back as soon as some legal things are taken care of in Indiana all I know is, it is a sad situation for everyone involved including the baby the kalynn is carrying and all my prayers are with the family at this time, may God Bless You

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#50 Dec 14, 2010
to much information wrote:
you anon, why the in the world would a voluntee fire fighter (not a true fireman) tell someone like you if they knew you would talk about other people. i am sure they will find out who the voluntee is and he needs to be take off of the voluntee fires department. small town small people make very small minds. just like the other person said. it my understanding at the moment you nor does any voluntee know anythyng other than love to gossip there is alot of sorry sorry people to talk and write about other people. my concern like so it should everyone else is to think and have respect for all those involved.!!!!!!!!! from what i understand is not you or your buddy the sorry voluntee!!!!!!!!!! there is a sorry sorry voluntee in the world
If a volunteer fire fighter said anything to any spectater or anybody else that has no business knowin' the details about the incident, and his chief finds out who he/she is, he/she will be suspended for a time.
You said in your post that a volunteer fire fighter isn't a true fire fighter. So, here's my question...just what, in your opinion, constitutes a "true fire fighter"?
If you live within Overton County, then you should know that ALL fire fighters in the whole county are volunteers. Only Livingston City has all paid fire fighters, and they have to stay within the city limits unless they're called by another department in the county for backup.
Everybody should count their blessings that there are volunteer fire fighters out there. Because they risk life and limb to put that fire out, whether it's a house or a field. And, just so you'll know...they have real training by "True Fire fighters" on a regular basis.
So before you go knockin' the volunteer fire fighters, better ask yourself, "Who's gonna put water on my house if it catches on fire?"...unless you live within the city limits of Livingston. Just my opinion...you're welcome to bash me if you choose to do so.
so very sad

Livingston, TN

#51 Dec 14, 2010
Grandson of murder victim arrested for theft in Indiana
by Mary Jo Denton
7 hrs ago | 1488 views || 2 ||
OVERTON COUNTY -- The grandson of murder victim Hassie Pearl Breeding is a "person of interest" in the case, according to Overton County Sheriff W.B. Melton.

And he and his girlfriend have been arrested in Indiana on charges of theft of his grandmother's vehicle, the sheriff said today.

Benjamin Junior Bowers, 22, who lived with his grandmother at her Moore Road residence, is in custody in Grant County, Indiana, and his girlfriend is being held in a juvenile detention facility there, Melton said.

The two are charged with theft of Hassie Pearl Breeding's vehicle, he said.

Breeding, 72, was found dead in her home about 10 p.m. Saturday. She had been strangled to death with a heavy cord, investigators said.

Breeding was found by her daughter, who went to the home that night after not being able to reach her mother by phone, the sheriff said.

Bowers and his 16-year-old girlfriend were arrested Sunday by Indiana State Police on the charge of theft of the vehicle, a charge filed in Overton County, Sheriff Melton said. The sheriff said the two are still in Indiana today and said court proceedings there will be held before they are transferred back to Overton County.

Sheriff Melton declined to comment on the motive in the murder case and said TBI agents are still investigating.

He said no one has been charged with murder in the case.

Funeral services for Hassie Pearl Breeding are set for Thursday, Dec. 16, at 11 a.m. in the chapel of Hall Funeral Home in Livingston.

Read more: Herald Citizen - Grandson of murder victim arrested for theft in Indiana
shush

Byrdstown, TN

#53 Dec 15, 2010
tmi wrote:
i hear that the volunteer fireman is jason a family member of the victom. why would someone talk about an on going case like this. that person has aready hinderd the case for all. people should know better. everyone you don't know the facts you are tanting the investigation. the families know thier kids better than anyone, by the time this is over people will see how many lives have been destroyed by an extremely bad judgement! i know the girls family as my own. they are a good family and a loving family, as iam sure his family is too! she has never been in any trouble.just this tragedy.so please all of this crap needs to stop for the families involved. my deepest sympaathy does go out to the victims family. so very sorry this has occured. please stop!!!!!!!!!!
Oh give it a rest tmi, people are going to talk no matter what you say. I have no idea why you think its hindering the investigation or why we should not talk about it, that makes no sense. The paper has an article about it, did you call them and, tell them to stop writing about it. I am sorry for the family and, everyone involved but, us talking about it is not hurting a damn thing. It happened and, i for one am glad poeple are talking about it cause we all need to know about it. I know someone who lives close to where it happened very well and, i'm very glad she was able to read on here who did it right after it happened so she would have known not to open her door for the boy or his g.f. had they came by. I know they were caught in indiana but, nobody knew that at the time. Informatin on something that can potentially save someone else's life should be shared to the last detail so GET OVER IT.
jing

York, SC

#54 Dec 15, 2010
Is it true to girlfriend is pregnant?
neighbor too

Rickman, TN

#55 Dec 15, 2010
I know for a fact nobody knows for sure! I know you don't know for sure, if you say you do, you are a lying! That is for sure!!!!
neighbor too

Rickman, TN

#56 Dec 15, 2010
UPDATE as of 30 minutes ago, it was negative! This might give the families involved some relief. All of this is such a tragedy.
question

Cookeville, TN

#57 Dec 15, 2010
WHAT was negative?
neighbor too

Rickman, TN

#58 Dec 15, 2010
YOU can't be serious???? OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!
1955 chevy

Livingston, TN

#59 Dec 16, 2010
Neighbor also wrote:
<quoted text>
On Moore road, just off Windle Community Road.
no it was surphur road right beside where u turn on eckles grave yard road
Yikes

Livingston, TN

#60 Dec 16, 2010
So both the grandson and his 16 year-old girlfriend are crystal meth junkies? If this is true, it is just another public outcry for the people of this community to work together to eradicate this junk and lock up the dealers.
Thank you

Cookeville, TN

#61 Dec 16, 2010
shockproof wrote:
<quoted text>
If a volunteer fire fighter said anything to any spectater or anybody else that has no business knowin' the details about the incident, and his chief finds out who he/she is, he/she will be suspended for a time.
You said in your post that a volunteer fire fighter isn't a true fire fighter. So, here's my question...just what, in your opinion, constitutes a "true fire fighter"?
If you live within Overton County, then you should know that ALL fire fighters in the whole county are volunteers. Only Livingston City has all paid fire fighters, and they have to stay within the city limits unless they're called by another department in the county for backup.
Everybody should count their blessings that there are volunteer fire fighters out there. Because they risk life and limb to put that fire out, whether it's a house or a field. And, just so you'll know...they have real training by "True Fire fighters" on a regular basis.
So before you go knockin' the volunteer fire fighters, better ask yourself, "Who's gonna put water on my house if it catches on fire?"...unless you live within the city limits of Livingston. Just my opinion...you're welcome to bash me if you choose to do so.
Thank you for your post in defense of the volunteer firefighters. I know many who have placed themselves at risk to help others, and I know that they are trained on a regular basis. Some people just don't have a clue.

Sorry, not an attempt to hijack the thread.

My condolences to Ms. Breeding's family. She was a kind lady and will be greatly missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
management at hutchinson (Jan '12) 3 hr downfall 884
I need ambein 3 hr CantSleep 1
A good church for a family with young kids... (Mar '09) 4 hr concerned 84
Victoria loopers post 5 hr RedBone 2
Overton County Dumbass Sherrif 5 hr RedBone 45
ball park concessions stand 10 hr strategy 59
School Board wants a Retreat 13 hr Lori 18
Livingston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web