First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DONT USE THEM

Cookeville, TN

#1 Nov 9, 2012
Ok, people in the Livingston area. DO NOT USE CIPHERTEK for computer issues. About 18 months ago, we took a laptop in to have the Monitor replaced. Well, after about 4 months of waiting, and them keep telling us "the part has not came in yet" we bought a used laptop, and took it to them to remove the monitor and put it in the other computer. We left the rest of that laptop with them to put the monitor in when It came in. After calling about every week to two weeks, one of the technitions, CHUCK BEARD told us not to call, he would call us when the part came in. Now 18 months later STILL has not "came in" SOOO we had an issue with my husbands hard drive going out, so we called them to tell them forget replacing the monitor, that we would just pick up the laptop because we needed the hard drive out of it. We were then told that "the hard drive had been removed and they dont know why" They know what happened. I asked if they could replace the missing hard drive with another one. We were told "I dont think we can do that" We got the run around for most of the day, until I called the crossville store and asked for the owner to call me. I told them in the Crossville store i was going to file a civil suit for replacement of the laptop, and report them to the BBB Then low and behold CHUCK called back n told me they would replace the hard drive. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER DO NOT USE THEM!
weusethem

Livingston, TN

#2 Nov 9, 2012
We use Cypertek and they are very good and very profession.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 9, 2012
$160 to remove virus wow sooooooooo professional NOT
staples

Cookeville, TN

#4 Nov 9, 2012
does it for like $60
YouMadBra

Brentwood, TN

#5 Nov 10, 2012
they are very over priced a damned monkey with a pc for dummys book could do better then they do. they are anything but professional and treat women like there stupid. i know from first hand. they tried that shit with my wife luckily ive taught her enough they couldn't pull that shit with her was the last time i used them to get parts through. something as simple as a monitor extension cord i mean really?
they suck

Jamestown, TN

#6 Nov 11, 2012
they suck butt \|/
well

Lake Geneva, WI

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Taught........
Idiot

Charlotte, NC

#9 Nov 12, 2012
Sounds like that comp-geek idiot Mr bell getting on here running his mouth who waits 18 months for a screen, Charlie is on the run from mob bosses he got in debt at the black jack table out in Vegas, he's come to town to swindle more people he's about to be run out of sparta too where he's already ruined his image and now he's coming into Livingston running down the competition... Just wait I am sure his whole house of cards is going to fall on its face when his wireless isp fails and his investor's money drys up then he's gonna be on the run to a new city with the same bag o tricks trying to reclaim his millions he thinks he deserves, fat booblehead couldn't fit in a vette, and what big boob blonde is going to love up to that grease monkey for a lil money will be a nasty trick
Doc Murphy

Byrdstown, TN

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Brother Chuck has always tried to help me with ma geographics cards and such. I think he cool and ciphertek cool too.
BJK

Rickman, TN

#11 Dec 5, 2012
I'm pretty sure Ciphertek is soon to be a thing of the past. They'll go out of business soon with their high prices and no clients.
My opinion

Mooresville, NC

#12 Dec 5, 2012
They gotta charge those high prices so they can go on a vacation or cruise everytime you turn around
For your information

Jamestown, TN

#13 Dec 6, 2012
Ciphertek is the last souce of income for that family smart ass! He is also a teacher at Tech & works with the People that cleaned up the oil
Spill! Most of the trips they take are trips related
To 1 of his 3 jobs & he takes his family with him. Ooh please don't have a heart attack...I did say 1 of 3 jobs. But people like you don't understand that concept when the fact of the matter is that you don't even have 1 job YOU SIT AND SUCK OFF OF THE GIVERNMENT...yes I said GIVER-MENT!!! While someone like Him is out there working and providing for his family so they can do the things they do that isn't part of his job. But I'm sure you are one of their "supposed" to be friends!!! DUMBASS HIPOCRIT!!!
ReallyPathetic

Livingston, TN

#14 Dec 14, 2012
I love how there is always a thread bashing ciphertek. Just so all you idiots that have never left overton county know, ciphertek actually has very fair prices (not high prices, in fact they are below the going rate). In nashville or any real city you are gonna pay a minimum of $100/hr for computer work.

In response to some of the ignorance posted here:

$160 for removing viruses seems pretty fair as it can be quite time consuming (at least several hours). Learn how to browse the internet safely and quit clicking on everything that pops up and you won't get viruses in the first place.

The first post on here is obviously a competing company that has to stoop to low levels of public bashing and straight lies. Ciphertek is a business that makes plenty of money, why on earth would they try to steal your old hard drive that's hardly worth anything? That is just a stupid story. At least make up something better.

Ciphertek go out of business? lol they are one of the more successful businesses in livingston and have been around for a LONG time and have plenty of clients.

One last comment to the ppl complaining about the pricing... just because you can't afford to pay what a business asks does not mean they are overpriced. It simply means you can't afford it and therefor should not purchase their products/services. Seriously, call a computer company in Nashville and see what they tell you.
Actually

Dundalk, MD

#18 Dec 23, 2012
ReallyPathetic wrote:
Learn how to browse the internet safely and quit clicking on everything that pops up and you won't get viruses in the first place.
Well you can actually pick up some malware without clicking on everything that pops up... And anti-virus only catches maybe 25% of malware in the wild at best.
well

Corydon, IN

#19 Dec 23, 2012
Microsoft security essentials
ImpComp

Nashville, TN

#20 Dec 24, 2012
Is completely useless.
Avira and Avast have best ratings of the free ones, at the moment. GData is the best, they have a free trial. Worth the money. Kaspersky is also good.
MSE doesn't catch a damn thing. Norton and Macafee have always been garbage.
reallytho

Cookeville, TN

#21 Dec 30, 2012
i dont see compulosers lasting long in this town.. they dont even have A+ certified techs or anyone that can install drivers..
ChimpJerker

Rickman, TN

#22 Jan 26, 2013
You think they'll go out even though they're planning to purchase Overton County Cable & supposedly about to offer wireless internet?
I'm not disagreeing. I'm just curious as to what your thoughts are on these couple of factors.
cj
crook

Maryville, TN

#23 Jan 29, 2013
Chimp if you look at Mr. Bell's business model its a failing disaster waiting to happen hes taken thousands of dollars from unknowing investors that don't have a clue about the ubiquity ( ubnt.com ) gear that he is installing it is fundamentally flawed in the amount of packets per second it can send (not throughput but actual data packets) so if a customer is sending a lot of UDP traffic small fragmented files the noted are going to fail his skynet in sparta isnt selling to many customers his own employees have told me so, and of OPC-Com was doing so good why would they sell out to someone? after his seed money drys up and he doesnt have enough to keep paying the 'interest' on all his loans hes going to be @$$ deep in dept and on the run, even well off people i know he does business with in sparta have already complained to me that he's not paying his bills or late on several of them.. there is only so much business that comes into a computer shop on a day and hes trying to undercut and under sale all his competition with cheep unskilled labor and its biting him in the @$$ again with people getting pissed off and not wanting to return.. so i'd say give it 6-12 months and you won't know a think about them any more
haha

Maryville, TN

#24 Jan 29, 2013
i love how all compugeeks website designs are all just templates from http://www.templatemo.com/ haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Cravens 21 min ACDC69 1
Hutchinson post gone 39 min this little pig h... 16
Mike Lawson 2 hr Banjo 69 9
More Overton Jail Troubles 5 hr Peenutman 16
How does Curtis Drive a city own Auto without L... 5 hr Peenutman 5
President Trump- keep us safe 8 hr Billy 19
Shaun Emberton 9 hr Wondering 4

Livingston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance