Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,577
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41564 Oct 6, 2012
MUQ
Muh ahmed also said a lot of things.
F.i. about patience were most describe him as the most short-tempered guy they ever met.

But lately started thinkig about all these different definitions of the same terms used.
Take apostle and prophet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophets_in_Isla...
Worthwhile also to look up the greek and hebrew use.
http://www.coalitionofapostles.com/about-ica/...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#41565 Oct 6, 2012
MAAT wrote:
1.

Muh ahmed lacks all those qualities: authenticity, comprehensiveness, perfection and practicality.
e.g.:I killed a women with 5 kids that was suckling a baby.

Muh ahmed: of course you should not be guilty, you did it to defend my name.(Not even Allah's name)

Do we then see muh ahmed taking any responsibility? NO.

Try to overcome his hubris and temper? NO

So that expounding and nullifying on poor and orphans a.s.o. is totally void of meaning and understanding.

2.

What's it to do with race?
Unless as you show you are a muslim.
Are you sure of that translation?
Ans.

1. If there is any other scripture in the world that can match even the weakest of Hadith in authenticity and accuracy and cross checking please present it before us.

In Islam no one has power to pardon a wrong act done, except Allah.

So if any Muslim has done any wrong act or killed an innocent man, women or child, he or she has to give their account before Allah on the last day.

If there was no last day and life on this world was the end of everything, then what you say could be right , but it is not so my dear.

Honor of our prophet is of extreme importance to us, but we should not kill any innocent man or women or child defending it and should not damage some innocent man’ property.

2. The race here is not as we use in racism…..it is a race as a competition as to who is the quickest to do the good deed.

I use Abdullah Yousuf Ali’s translation with modern English to replace Thou, Thee etc and Using Allah in place of God.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#41566 Oct 6, 2012
MAAT wrote:
MUQ
Muh ahmed also said a lot of things.
F.i. about patience were most describe him as the most short-tempered guy they ever met.
But lately started thinkig about all these different definitions of the same terms used.
Take apostle and prophet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophets_in_Isla...
Worthwhile also to look up the greek and hebrew use.
http://www.coalitionofapostles.com/about-ica/...
Would a short tempered man behave as our prophet behaved the day he conquered Makkah?

Did you see how Crusaders behaved they day they entered the city of Jerusalem?

Now compare the same scene when our prophet captured Makkah? He gave pardon to every one except 10 people (for their special crimes).

If he was a short tempered man, he would have killed every one in Makkah, leaving only 10 people alive!!

Apparently you people do not read correct and unbiased biography of our prophet.....you pick up one bits and pieces from here and there and then connect the dots and create a picture of devil, while there is no such thing.

A short tempered man, would not be able to gain 125,000 dedicated followers in short span of 23 years, starting from a single man!! And that too when the total numbers of persons killed (on both side) in his 10 years of continuous fights does not even reach 1000!

Compare these casualties with wars which Moses, Joshua and David and Other Jewish warriors fought....have you any figures?

Please compare the two and find out who was more "short tempered".... Our prophet used to be very sad and wept at the insolence of his people in rejecting his message, till God Almighty said "As if you will die with sorrow for their rejection".

These are not traits of a "Short Tempered man"...are they?
former res

Broomall, PA

#41567 Oct 6, 2012
Scary stuff.

__________

U.S. Rep. Paul Broun's view that the theories of evolution and the big bang are "lies straight from the pit of Hell" is getting more exposure than he might have expected, thanks to a video that was made at a church-sponsored banquet in Georgia and distributed by a progressive political watchdog group.

The Georgia Republican is already well-known as an outspoken conservative Christian, due in part to his unsuccessful campaign to have 2010 declared "the Year of the Bible." But the latest comments have taken on an extra dab of controversy because Broun, a medical doctor, calls himself a scientist in the video and chairs the House Science Committee's panel on investigations and oversight.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/05...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#41568 Oct 6, 2012
former res wrote:
Scary stuff.
__________
U.S. Rep. Paul Broun's view that the theories of evolution and the big bang are "lies straight from the pit of Hell" is getting more exposure than he might have expected, thanks to a video that was made at a church-sponsored banquet in Georgia and distributed by a progressive political watchdog group.
The Georgia Republican is already well-known as an outspoken conservative Christian, due in part to his unsuccessful campaign to have 2010 declared "the Year of the Bible." But the latest comments have taken on an extra dab of controversy because Broun, a medical doctor, calls himself a scientist in the video and chairs the House Science Committee's panel on investigations and oversight.
http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/05...
It tells that the man has sense and it is actually reassuring and comforting.
former res

Broomall, PA

#41569 Oct 6, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells that the man has sense and it is actually reassuring and comforting.
Hi Huggybear,

Are you looking forward to Christmas when Santa brings you lots of presents?

ps....Saw a great documentary on Bob Marley.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marley_ (film)

You might enjoy it.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41570 Oct 6, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. If there is any other scripture in the world that can match even the weakest of Hadith in authenticity and accuracy and cross checking please present it before us.
In Islam no one has power to pardon a wrong act done, except Allah.
So if any Muslim has done any wrong act or killed an innocent man, women or child, he or she has to give their account before Allah on the last day.
If there was no last day and life on this world was the end of everything, then what you say could be right , but it is not so my dear.
Honor of our prophet is of extreme importance to us, but we should not kill any innocent man or women or child defending it and should not damage some innocent man’ property.
2. The race here is not as we use in racism…..it is a race as a competition as to who is the quickest to do the good deed.
I use Abdullah Yousuf Ali’s translation with modern English to replace Thou, Thee etc and Using Allah in place of God.
Well MUQ i always found the prophet PBUH to be to self-engrossed.
Honour to him and not to allah.
Furthermore i learned that the old meaning of apostle used to be general.
A prophet is to further and teach what his god is about.
If moses is the keeper of the book of Allah, then how on earth could we end up in such a mess.

Some unfinished business. The Who's Allah thread went to hell.
---
Enough of the christianity bashing, since that is what it comes down to.

Jesus in the Koran is a kaleidoscope of different personalities derived mainly from the writings of early Christian heretics. His identity ranges from being a part of the Spirit of Allah and His word who is supported by the Holy Spirit to being merely a prophet not unlike Noah or Jonah. The former persona was reinforced by tales of Him speaking in the cradle, creating birds from mud as a child and raising the dead as well as running the Judgement Day. So Muslims have a wide range of personalities to choose from when defining Issa and the choice would be the one they think will serve their purpose.

So it seems they do not know who or what jesus is.
So was dr. Elsaie right in supposing that the veil overlayed judas.??

Nor did i get an answer of what surah and ayat make the story of Asma weak fiqh, and under what law-school.??

And the other question is how do they know what faith Adam had and what he tought his kids.??

And let's add 66: 11-13...is that a case of actual use of the plural and referring to a former trinitarian idea, thus christianity or even Elohyim (plural)or plural gods, since all prophets were meant for their own time and place.??

Following, why would they call themselves an abrahamic faith (they make the distinction in the quraan between themselves and the hanief of Abraham. maybe BMZ missed that)since that would not leave each prophet in his own time and season.?

---

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41571 Oct 6, 2012
former res wrote:
Scary stuff.
__________
U.S. Rep. Paul Broun's view that the theories of evolution and the big bang are "lies straight from the pit of Hell" is getting more exposure than he might have expected, thanks to a video that was made at a church-sponsored banquet in Georgia and distributed by a progressive political watchdog group.
The Georgia Republican is already well-known as an outspoken conservative Christian, due in part to his unsuccessful campaign to have 2010 declared "the Year of the Bible." But the latest comments have taken on an extra dab of controversy because Broun, a medical doctor, calls himself a scientist in the video and chairs the House Science Committee's panel on investigations and oversight.
http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/05...
Hmm i would say that a visit from Satan would be more accurate.
It proofs to me that a christian cannot believe in god without also believing or maybe foremost in the devil and hell.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the toE or the TBB.
I think it is an old mans disease, they are afraid of their own demise and suddenly beget religion BAD.
To the point of making entirely irrational statements. But i understood that this attitude does not bring in extra funds.
The bible-belt maybe religious but they are not silly.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41572 Oct 6, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Would a short tempered man behave as our prophet behaved the day he conquered Makkah?
Did you see how Crusaders behaved they day they entered the city of Jerusalem?
Now compare the same scene when our prophet captured Makkah? He gave pardon to every one except 10 people (for their special crimes).
If he was a short tempered man, he would have killed every one in Makkah, leaving only 10 people alive!!
Apparently you people do not read correct and unbiased biography of our prophet.....you pick up one bits and pieces from here and there and then connect the dots and create a picture of devil, while there is no such thing.
A short tempered man, would not be able to gain 125,000 dedicated followers in short span of 23 years, starting from a single man!! And that too when the total numbers of persons killed (on both side) in his 10 years of continuous fights does not even reach 1000!
Compare these casualties with wars which Moses, Joshua and David and Other Jewish warriors fought....have you any figures?
Please compare the two and find out who was more "short tempered".... Our prophet used to be very sad and wept at the insolence of his people in rejecting his message, till God Almighty said "As if you will die with sorrow for their rejection".
These are not traits of a "Short Tempered man"...are they?
I do not cater for devils and hell.
But rather for inconsistencies. if the prophet has to be recognizable for all men, t goes without say that he was not rosy-coloured. In one of the descriptions we find his furious face with the throbbing artery.
But i would say that it is a composed picture just as the one on issa is.
As far as violence goes, it was to establish a new rule. If it was accepted without trouble we are left to wonder why even 1000 casualties were needed.(exactly thousand is also to coincidental)
As you pointed out the tanakh contains two narratives of essentially Canaanite tribes taking back what used to be theirs, and covers thousands or at least a thousand years. Plus it likes round numbers to impress, a lot. So the actual count would be anyones guess. Sofar Finkelstein showed that far less violence was actually employed. So bar some tribal struggles about crossing borders, and invading empires, a lot is embellishment. But in general the worst enemy before the greek and romans were the assyrians. None speaks flattering about those.
Edom is doomed for being a vazal state, but so was judah for a while that in it's turn accused Omri of not giving in.
And we should not forget the link israel (in general) had with the hyksos and hittite. Job contains some arab words so we are also including the former arab world in the entire narrative.
A comprehensive history about the ancient near and middle east is bound to see it's pound of flesh.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41573 Oct 6, 2012
In the 10 AH some delegation from Najran in Yemen came to pray in the third mosque (the requisitioned former jewish synagogue)of madinat.
I did not find the christian or secular source to corroborate that.

Which did not safe them from annihilation.
So i've always stated it was not about religion but about trade and empires. So smaller merchants verses the big players.

There is also a Najran in Syria and the new Najran in Yemen.(An aside:kabaas and fast flowing waters are found everywhere. Nice to see that confirmed again. Now i still have to find out whether the meteorite -dedicated to a goddess- came from old pergamom.)
The actual history of the Najran Yemeni christians reconstructed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_commun...
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41574 Oct 6, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells that the man has sense and it is actually reassuring and comforting.
You would make a good republican.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41575 Oct 6, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>1. NPR is an easily comprehensible example of something that taxpayers are required to pay for and for which there is no federal mandate to provide. It’s not related to national security or any of the other powers accorded to it.
“powers to levy and collect taxes; to coin money and regulate its value; provide for punishment for counterfeiting; establish post offices and roads, promote progress of science by issuing patents, create federal courts inferior to the Supreme Court, combat piracies and felonies, declare war, raise and support armies, provide and maintain a navy, make rules for the regulation of land and naval forces, provide for, arm and discipline the militia, exercise exclusive legislation in the District of Columbia, and to make laws necessary to properly execute powers.”
The camel-tent analogy. If the feds want NPR, then they may be within their rights to squeeze the money out of the DC residents.
that’s broke.
That is the standard Constiutionalist argument (if I got the term correct). But that wasnt my point. There are a lot of quality of life services that the govt provides - including the social security safetynet. Juts b/c it is not mandated doesnt mean people cant want it and demand it. Thats what nation states do.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41576 Oct 6, 2012
Spoke too soon.
The Prophet (s.a.w.a.) is born

Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) was born in such a family on Friday, the 17th Rabi'-ul-Awwal, 1st year of 'Amul-Fil (corresponding to 570 C.E.) to bring the Message of God to the world. In Sunni circles, 12th Rabi'-ul-Awwal is more famous. Thus, the prayer of Ibrahim while constructing the Ka'bah was granted:



Lord! And raise a Messenger from among them who shall recite to them Thine verses, and teach them the Book and the wisdom, and purify them, indeed Thou art the Mighty, the Wise (Qur'an, 2:129).



And the tidings of Christ came true:-



O Children of Israel! Surely, I am the messenger of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Torah and giving the good news of a Messenger who will come after me whose name will be Ahmed.(Qur'an, 61:6)



'Abdullah, father of the Prophet, died a few month before (or two months after) his birth, and his grandfather 'Abdul­Muttalib took over the care and upbringing of the child. After a few months, according to the age-long custom of the Arabs, the child was entrusted to a bedouin woman Halimah by name, of the tribe of Bani-Sa'd, for his upbringing.



When he was only six years old, he lost his mother as well; so, the doubly-orphaned child was brought up by 'Abdul-Muttalib with the most tender care. It was the will of God that the Prophet to-be should undergo all the sufferings, pains and privations incidental to human life in order that he might learn to bear them with becoming fortitude and raise his stature in human perfection. Not two years had passed before 'Abdul-Muttalib also expired.



'Abdul-Muttalib died at the age of 82, leaving the care and custody of the orphaned Muhammad (s.a.w.a.) to Abu Talib.
---
Al-Burooj, a meccan verse relates the death of the christians under the hands of the converted Dhu Nuwas.(wiki) Two christian sources report the death, as well as this quraanic chapter. Dated however at 524 CE.
Another problem is the very name Muttalib which coincides with one of the names of a much later hadith writer in Baghdad.(The very same that is accredited with writing the 'weak'story on the disculpated killing of Asma Bint...)
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

#41577 Oct 6, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text2. Cities and states seem to be doing just fine creating parks and green spaces. And they are free access as far as I know. The voters may decide not to fund new ones, but it appears that they choose to.“As of March 2012, out of the 2.27 billion acres in the country, about 28% of the total was owned by the Federal government according to the Interior Department.” Time for another land lottery.
Conservation used to be a bipartisan issue. The Tea Party and their lack of memory and ethic makes me sad. Teddy Roosevelt, who did more for the park system than any other president, was a Republican.

http://conservamerica.org/
ConservAmerica was founded in 1995 to resurrect the GOP's great conservation tradition and to restore natural resource conservation and sound environmental protection as fundamental elements of the Republican Party's vision for America. Conservation is Conservative!

----

You dont realistically expect a municipality or even a state to have the resources to aquire and properly manage a park like the Grand Canyon or Yosemite?

Total acreage is not the best statistic anyway. Quality and type of habitat, purpose, location, and stewardship all play into assessing how much green space is needed to meet conservation goals.

For example, where I live in CT we have more forest cover now then we did 120 years ago, but the forest is fragmented due to suburbanization. So just looking at total acreages of forested open space as an assessment of what is necessary to ensure forest preservation is erroneous.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41578 Oct 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the standard Constiutionalist argument (if I got the term correct). But that wasnt my point. There are a lot of quality of life services that the govt provides - including the social security safetynet. Juts b/c it is not mandated doesnt mean people cant want it and demand it. Thats what nation states do.
I was pondering the camel-tent analogy.
I read 'broke' and was reminded of : the straw that broke the camels back.
Officially it the camel's nose analogy.
The camel's nose thus goes first and soon the body will follow.
Must be the christian sheep mentality. Or that they think all people behave like sheep.(They could do with some proper biology classes.)
Uh is that the constitutionalist arguement in every case?
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#41580 Oct 6, 2012
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pondering the camel-tent analogy.
I read 'broke' and was reminded of : the straw that broke the camels back.
Officially it the camel's nose analogy.
The camel's nose thus goes first and soon the body will follow.
Must be the christian sheep mentality. Or that they think all people behave like sheep.(They could do with some proper biology classes.)
Uh is that the constitutionalist arguement in every case?
Actually in the analogy, government is the camel.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41581 Oct 6, 2012
former res wrote:
Scary stuff.
__________
U.S. Rep. Paul Broun's view that the theories of evolution and the big bang are "lies straight from the pit of Hell" is getting more exposure than he might have expected, thanks to a video that was made at a church-sponsored banquet in Georgia and distributed by a progressive political watchdog group.
The Georgia Republican is already well-known as an outspoken conservative Christian, due in part to his unsuccessful campaign to have 2010 declared "the Year of the Bible." But the latest comments have taken on an extra dab of controversy because Broun, a medical doctor, calls himself a scientist in the video and chairs the House Science Committee's panel on investigations and oversight.
http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/05...
The atheist , secular and humanist communities have been following this guy for a while. The scariest part isn't his beliefs, since many evangelicals think that way and we're used to it. The scariest part is that he chairs the House Science Commitee..

BTW - he's been married four times. Guess he picks and chooses what he's going to follow from the bible.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41582 Oct 6, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The atheist , secular and humanist communities have been following this guy for a while. The scariest part isn't his beliefs, since many evangelicals think that way and we're used to it. The scariest part is that he chairs the House Science Commitee..
BTW - he's been married four times. Guess he picks and chooses what he's going to follow from the bible.
I see. Born in 1946, living the easy life. Impending death looming.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Broun
Obama a marxist hitler. To explain what he meant by calling Obama a marxist he invoked Hitlers career.
Global warming, evolution and the BB all scientific conspiracies.
Major lunatic.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#41583 Oct 6, 2012
[..] we are used to it.:O
People like that would be sent home overhere.
Religion is one thing, but do not get the lines crossed. We expect stern scholarship from our politicians or they'll get marginalised.
But i guess that is the problem with a two party system. Every fool can hide under the umbrella.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#41584 Oct 6, 2012
MAAT wrote:
[..] we are used to it.:O
People like that would be sent home overhere.
What has to wonder the amount of cognitive dissonance these people must be dealing with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Orange School Shooting??? 5 hr Karmakameleon 67
High School Student needed to bring recycling a... Nov 12 newbie 1
New Jersey schools promise to correct racial di... Oct 29 Spotted Girl 3
Parking Permits Sep '14 mds1943 1
cleaning service Sep '14 linda 1
Senior Pool Party at Northland Pool Aug '14 linda 1
tree brunches Aug '14 linda 1

Livingston News Video

Livingston Dating
Find my Match

Livingston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Livingston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Livingston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:15 pm PST