Finally found information

Prairieville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2011

I contacted and spoke to the lawyer handling the class action for the plantiffs today. He is expecting a settlement to be finalized by this Friday 9/23/11. After it is finalized there is a 30 day hold before payments are made. He is expecting a payment to the plantiffs prior to Christmas!! GREAT NEWS!! He asked me to call back in a week to verify that a settlement was finalized. I will keep everyone posted.
Eve

Gonzales, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2011

Thnaks for the update. Please keep everyone posted.
FedUp

Gonzales, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Hello! Maybe the most recent news on CECOS will enlighten you! They have settled for over $29 mill & letters are supposedly coming this week as what to expect next??? And a fairness hearing date has been set for Dec. 8th @ 9:30 a.m. In Livingston courts!! Good luck to you and may GOD bless you!!!!!!!!!'
concerned grand mother

Gonzales, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2011

Judged:

I have a grandaughter that the daddy is behind in his child support and need dental work. He has a claim in this law suit. I wonder if La. child support will get her share first. He is at thistime in jail and will be going to prison. I wonder how they are going to handle his claim or will his parents get his claim. La. child support has not done nothing yet so why should a 11yr old think they will do something now.
To Grandmother -

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

Should he still be in jail (the courts will decide his fate from there and there is a lawyer fighting the charges, so you can't definitely say he will be in prison) when the settlement is distributed next year, he has a power of attorney that will receive his portion of the settlement and will pay his child support arrears at that time if the child support offices do not take them prior to distribution.
He misses his daughter and so does his family - we would all like to see her!
Please tell her we love her!
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Does anyone know how the fairness hearing went today??
blue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

I'm wondering the same thing about the hearing today. Did anyone go?
Joe blow

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2012

Does anyone have any new news? what was the fairness hearing about on dec 8th when will we see some money? Or will this be like the flood victims I read about a couple topics down where they settled for millions years ago and the lawyers and politicians got their money and sat on it so that it gains interest and no one besides them has seen any money in the 26 years that the suit has been going on this is BS Livingston politics as usual where the politicians and lawyers and big names in Livingston get theirs and everyone else gets screwed around until they forget about it. So what's the latest news on it what takes so long they have the money the politicians and lawyers got paid they registered everyone a couple months ago it's time to divvy up the money don't let them screw us around like they did the flood victims because evidently they will do it
Blue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2012

Joe blow wrote:
Does anyone have any new news? what was the fairness hearing about on dec 8th when will we see some money? Or will this be like the flood victims I read about a couple topics down where they settled for millions years ago and the lawyers and politicians got their money and sat on it so that it gains interest and no one besides them has seen any money in the 26 years that the suit has been going on this is BS Livingston politics as usual where the politicians and lawyers and big names in Livingston get theirs and everyone else gets screwed around until they forget about it. So what's the latest news on it what takes so long they have the money the politicians and lawyers got paid they registered everyone a couple months ago it's time to divvy up the money don't let them screw us around like they did the flood victims because evidently they will do it
I called the cecos office. They said the judge signed off and we have 60 days for them to file an appeal.
buck

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2012

were is my money
Joe blow

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

They need to quit dicking around and give us our money who the he'll would be filing a appeal the settled they got the money everyone has filed what else is there left to do besides divvy out the money quit with this 90 day bs they are going to draw this crap out for as long as they can does anyone else have any information? And thanks blue any news is good news with this bs I haven't heard anything since we filed from the cock suckers and had to hear about this to begin with from a neighbor seems like Livingston scam artists at their finest. I will tell you one thing if I don't have my money soon they will be hearing from me and everyone else a lot more I guess we are going to have to do like the flood victims did and protest at the capital or go occupy Livingston court house. I'm unemployed so I have a lot of free time don't make me do it Livingston I will expose you for the crooks you are mike grimer and Jason ard and any other crook that has had his hand in the cookie jar I just want my measly $500 out of the $29 million that all y'all crooks got half of. So give me my money now!
Joe blow

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2012

Judged:

Make your voice heard or these crooks will just keep your money and draw interest off of it until you do the longer they take the more money they make they don't give a sh*t. Call up at the lawyers office and court house I know I'm about to start at least the cock suckers could do is mail us a letter or call us or something sh*t they just made $15 million off us you would think they would at least have the courtesy to that instead of not tell us anything ever even at the filing they didn't tell me anything so send me a letter or call me something I want to know where my money is Livingston!
buck

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2012

I contacted one of the lawyer today and he said the checks wouldn't go out untill the frist week of may.
Joe Blow

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Well the first week of may is right around the corner. Still havent heard anything.
Johnny wad

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2012

Typical Livingston politics at work.
The bigshots and politicians get thiers, we get the crumbs.
Liviingston Sucks !
LOVENIT

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Judged:

All of you Livingston Parish, Lawyer and Politician haters ought to get in your vehicle, drive out to the main road 190 I12 hwy 16 447 and several others all lead to another parish. Take your yard art and 1st cousin wives and follow one of those roads to another parish. EBR is looking have more non contributors move to their parish help them out quit all of that %^&&**%^$#$$%^&_)* *^&%^%$#$ whining about when you are going to get your free money. Thats right free money, not a single one of us can prove that our ailments are a direct cause of CECOS.
I guess if you always have your hand out you just expect quick service. Try and earn some money!!!!
Amen

Hammond, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

Amen lovenit
Jimmy

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

Sounds like your just mad lovenit because you dont live near cecos but really you should be happy you dont live near that toxic dump. Do you have any idea of the amount of toxic chemicals that got dumped there? Maybe you should read up on the whole situation before you talk and then you would be glad you and your kids dont have to live near it like me and my family does. And they have still havent sent me a letter or anything to update me on the situation. The lawyers and politicians got their money months ago where is mine? I will be calling them soon so I should have an update shortly.
Melissa

Tickfaw, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

What's going on the the settlement? Does anyone know? I haven't heard a single thing since I filed in the suit.
Jimmy

Saint Francisville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2012

Here is the website http://www.simeonclasslitigation.com/ they got 25 million and cant even give us an update on the website in 7 months.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Livingston Discussions

Search the Livingston Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
1983 Flood Settlement (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy woman 456
Debate: Marijuana - Hammond, LA (Aug '10) 18 hr Some1 Else 25
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 20 hr Living Wage 2,637
Review: All Around Pet Salon, Llc. 22 hr Nicole 1
Water ACT125 (Jul '13) 23 hr Wade 2
Baton Rouge woman celebrates 106th birthday: 'I... Jul 20 Hardy Parkerson JD 1
Review: Mary Cruz's Beauty Salon & Barber Shop (Apr '13) Jul 10 wendy 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Livingston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••