First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ms Wants to Know 1

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Sep 1, 2011
Has there been a settlement been agreed upon? If so when will the people in the class action suit be notified? This has been going on over 30 years, it's time to either put up or shut up. We are tired of all the hush-hush, if it were not for the people there would not be a class action suit. Sign: Ms. Wants to Know
Wanting information

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2011
Ms Wants to Know 1 wrote:
Has there been a settlement been agreed upon? If so when will the people in the class action suit be notified? This has been going on over 30 years, it's time to either put up or shut up. We are tired of all the hush-hush, if it were not for the people there would not be a class action suit. Sign: Ms. Wants to Know
I have been trying to find information on this as well!! I posted in the Livingston Parish News "call and comment" section recently and got no feedback. I hoping something comes out soon. The latest I can find on it on the web is from 2009. Someone please answer with information. Thank you!!

Since: Sep 11

Gonzales, LA

#4 Sep 27, 2011
Cecos has settled. Payments should be received by the end of the year.
Ms Wants to Know 1

Livingston, LA

#5 Sep 28, 2011
I did find out Monday(Sept 26th) that the judge did sign and settlement has been reached....$29.5 million. We should be receiving letters in the mail telling us the date of a fairness hearing in about 2 weeks.
Ms Wants to Know 1

Livingston, LA

#6 Sep 28, 2011
By the way, Cecos settlement will be made announced in The Advocate, Denham News, The Daily Star. Be watching the news papers.
patiently waiting

United States

#7 Oct 5, 2011
Has anyone seen anything in the newspapers yet? My husband and his family have a case against CECOS but we now live in MS.
Ms Wants to Know 1

Baton Rouge, LA

#8 Oct 5, 2011
yep it was in the Hammond Daily Star and is coming out in the Denham Springs News Sunday Oct. 9th. But you can pulled it up on the internet under the D S news and read it there.
Curious

United States

#9 Oct 6, 2011
$29.5 divided by 1000 plus people is really not that much money per person. I wonder how they'll divide it? Will the people that were the closest get more money?
The story is also on the WBRZ webpage.

Gonzales, LA

#10 Oct 11, 2011
Curious wrote:
$29.5 divided by 1000 plus people is really not that much money per person. I wonder how they'll divide it? Will the people that were the closest get more money?
The story is also on the WBRZ webpage.
You can go to simeonclasslitigation.com and take a look at the court documents to see how much will be paid out to the lawyers. I sat in on one of the hearings about 2 years ago and from what I understand, claimants will be given certain amounts depending on how far you lived from the Cecos site. It was broken down by 3 parts within a 6 mile radius. People within 2 miles getting the most, then 4 miles, then 6 miles.
Johnny wad

United States

#11 Oct 14, 2011
Lawyers gonna screw us GOOD!

United States

#12 Oct 15, 2011
Johnny wad wrote:
Yea, you right!! Hopefully enough people will speak up in court on December 8th.
mr bankston

United States

#13 Oct 22, 2011
So I lived less then 3/4 of a mile from 1980 till 1990 so what will I get
Johnny wad

Denham Springs, LA

#14 Oct 26, 2011
Johnny wad wrote:
After lawyers get paid, we will have around 17 million.
Dont forget, the town has been paid, parish has been paid, and lawyers probably got under the table deal to sell us out...plus what they get off the top from the 29.5 million.
Unless you lived less than a mile from cecos, get lubed up and ready...bend over, here it comes!
Johnny wad

Denham Springs, LA

#15 Oct 26, 2011
17 million devided by 1000 is 1700...but majority of money goes to persons living closest to sight.
Most of us, about 80 percent or so, may get 1000 if lucky.
Waited all these yrs to be sold out by lawyers.
Wonder how much parish president, mayor of livingston, and other big shots have made already plus what they get in official settlement?
Think about it!
Johnny wad

Denham Springs, LA

#16 Oct 26, 2011
Johnny wad wrote:
17 million devided by 1000 is 1700...but majority of money goes to persons living closest to sight.
Most of us, about 80 percent or so, may get 1000 if lucky.
Waited all these yrs to be sold out by lawyers.
Wonder how much parish president, mayor of livingston, and other big shots have made already plus what they get in official settlement?
Think about it!
...math mistake, the 1700 should be 17,000.
ticked off

United States

#17 Dec 10, 2011
Spoke with law office friday and they said there were roughly 4200 claimants total. Looks like lawyers get the biggest chunk while the one affected get the shaft!!
appreciative

Baton Rouge, LA

#18 Dec 10, 2011
I want to thank the lawyers. They have spent 20 plus years on this case and didn't receive any money up front. How many hours? How many days did they spend? How many conversations have they had with compaintants and CECOS. You should be glad they held on this long. I have lived in the area all my life, how many lied to get some of the money. I will be thankful that they stopped CECOS if I don't get a penny. Thank the Lawers cause the money doesn't show up.
blue

Prairieville, LA

#19 Dec 12, 2011
So whats the status on payments since the fairness hearing? Just bc every 4200 greedy claimants jump on the bandwagon does not mean they will all be taken care of. To my understanding thats what the special master is for
wondering

Denham Springs, LA

#20 Dec 14, 2011
I wonder when they will start mailing out the checks? My mother is in on the settlement and lived practically next door to Cecos when it was open during these years.
Rambler

Breaux Bridge, LA

#21 Dec 22, 2011
Hey hate lawyers as much as the next guy ! But if I get 10 bucks I can't say I was screwed ! Seeing as how in the last 30 years I haven't lifted a finger in an effort to make cecos pay, nor did i spend any of my money to help the suit along either ! So those of u with your hand out sayin your getting screwed? What have you been doin to help the lawyers ?! How hard have you been working to help the effort ?! And before you start crying ! I've lost my dad, my uncle, and a grandpa(all of which lived w/in 2 miles from cecos) to cancer ! Was it because of cecos ? Who knows ? But I'm sure whatever ales you(that you "think" is cecos's fault) is not as bad, since your alive to whine about the lawyers screwing you ! So... While your sitting in your lazyboy waiting for your check to arrive, try being thankful that the lawyer(no matter how corrupt or greedy they may be) decided to go to bat for you ! Because i would be willing to bet your not smart enough or hard working enough to have done it yourself had they not... "an entitlement attitude will be the death of this great country..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Unprecedented' flooding slams Gulf Coast 21 hr Sally 11
News Thankful flood victim finds humor among devasta... Aug 22 Stephany McDowell 2
News News 50 mins ago 3:46 p.m.Historic flooding sub... Aug 14 Lisa 1
What's It Like Working For Sanderson Farms??? May '16 sierras_ride 1
Kids behavior in school (May '15) May '16 Juban Parc mom 6
News House backs bill to punish Louisiana 'sanctuary... May '16 spud 2
Scariano Brothers is a crappy place to work (Jul '09) Apr '16 Livefromhammond 162

Livingston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Livingston Mortgages