Quiet town of Livingston

Quiet town of Livingston

Posted in the Livingston Forum

moveitonover

Cookeville, TN

#1 Apr 4, 2010
No local gossip? Where I come from that is all this Topix thing is good for!!!
hmmmm

Cookeville, TN

#2 Apr 26, 2010
this is just a Peyton Place and you are all Livingston hypocrites............
FedUp

Gonzales, LA

#3 Jul 31, 2010
Like most of you have been waiting for the 1983 flood settlement/lawsuit to finalize.. There is a similiar situation in Livingston Parish involving the CECOS (old BFI plant) south of I-12 at Livingston. Finally there is a judge that has been actively working on this case well over a year.. This case has been ongoing for well over 25 years, also. YES, that is correct over 25 years and I think maybe even longer....Now hopefully you will be get your settlement soon..Also, IF by chance ANYONE has new information on this CECOS case please reply... Thanks, FedUp

MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!
FedUp

Gonzales, LA

#4 Aug 5, 2010
Does anyone have any recent news on the BFI/CECOS/REPUBLIC WASTE LAWSUIT??? from early 70's r 80's??? Thanks a bunch!!!!
Waiting

Gonzales, LA

#5 Aug 20, 2011
Where can one find the latest on the Cecos class action lawsuit? I have tried searching online, but nothing new since October of 2009. Anyone with any new information?
Waiting

Gonzales, LA

#6 Aug 20, 2011
FedUp wrote:
Does anyone have any recent news on the BFI/CECOS/REPUBLIC WASTE LAWSUIT??? from early 70's r 80's??? Thanks a bunch!!!!
Did you ever find anything? Just curious because I can't find anything online since Oct of 09. Thank you!

Since: Sep 11

Prairieville, LA

#7 Sep 27, 2011
Cecos has settled. Payments should be received before the end of the year.
Wanting information

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Sep 27, 2011
Thank you Mrs Misner! Did you speak to the lawyers directly? Did they mention anything about amounts?

United States

#9 Sep 27, 2011
Wanting information wrote:
Thank you Mrs Misner! Did you speak to the lawyers directly? Did they mention anything about amounts?
I was able to see a copy of the papers that were filed in the Clerk of Court's office. The amount was $29,500,000.00
joe

Senoia, GA

#12 Oct 28, 2011
Mrs_Misner wrote:
how do you know
joe

Senoia, GA

#13 Oct 28, 2011
how do you know
nosy

United States

#14 Dec 20, 2011
Mrs_Misner wrote:
you should not play with peoples minds.
nosy

United States

#15 Dec 20, 2011
Mrs_Misner wrote:
That has been known but they went back to court on DEC 8 2011. Any information since that date is what people are looking for.

United States

#16 Jan 12, 2012
I am just seeing your replies, so I'm sorry this is late. The information was mailed to claimants so I'm not "playing with anyone's mind". The case was settled at the fairness hearing. Claimants should be receiving letters within the next 30-60 days stating the information I have given you. Also, just because the settlement was for an elaborate amount of money doesn't mean that claimants will receive large amounts of it. After lawyers, clerks and others are paid claimants will only have half of that to be divided between each person.
My2CentsWorth

Gonzales, LA

#17 Feb 2, 2012
www.simeonclasslitigation.com/

No new info has been added to the site since December 08,2011.
Joe Blow

Baton Rouge, LA

#18 Feb 9, 2012
This has been going on for 25 years its time to quit making excuses. The lawyers got their half of the 29 million im sure the politicians got their cut and just like always the only ones left are the ones that were actually affected. So if anyone has any news on the situation please comment lets not let them settle and not pay us like they are doing to the flood victims. And if anyone knows how much to expect if you lived close to cecos please speculate so we dont just get given a $100 and think that is fair because im sure thats what they are planing. And quit deleting my comments on the situation.
Joe Blow

Baton Rouge, LA

#19 Feb 9, 2012
Here is the math so we know how much to expect and they dont screw anyone. 4,200 filed. So lets do the math so they dont screw everyone like they are going to do anyway. They got $15 million to divide between 4200 so whats $15 million / 4.2 that ='s 3.5 so $3,500 should be the average. Some are going to get more some less. So dont let them screw you. If anyone else has opion on the situation let everyone know please. So they dont screw us like they did in the flood settlement.
Update as of 10 am today

Denham Springs, LA

#20 Mar 12, 2012
I contacted the cecos office and was told "The special Master and Attorneys are working together with medicaid and medicare, They do not know how long this will take. After they finish with medicare and medicaid the special master will send in the proposed allocation to the court and only then will claimants start to receive notice of amounts and when they will receive them." This is the only information they will give out at this time.
Checks were mailed

Denham Springs, LA

#21 Sep 5, 2012
Talked to cecos and checks were mailed out on tuesday the 4th of september

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2015 Berries, Bridges and Books Writers Confere... May 21 Bella Saba 1
Blue Car Vivint Alarm Soliciting Trespassing May 20 Skylite 1
Kids behavior in school May 17 Stay-c 2
Lesley Vullo (Dec '13) Apr '15 lesley 2
1983 Flood Settlement (Apr '08) Apr '15 Mike 486
Name A Local Fat ASS !! (Feb '12) Apr '15 Anna 2
Debate: Marijuana - Hammond, LA (Aug '10) Apr '15 The Radio Star 28
More from around the web

Livingston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE