Senate OKs phone ban targeting young ...

Senate OKs phone ban targeting young drivers

There are 4 comments on the Times-Picayune story from Apr 25, 2008, titled Senate OKs phone ban targeting young drivers. In it, Times-Picayune reports that:

“Let's do it one time for everyone and get it right.”

The Senate gave 35-2 approval Wednesday to a bill that would ban drivers 17 and younger from using hand-held cell phones and text-messaging devices while behind the wheel, setting up a possible showdown with ... via Times-Picayune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times-Picayune.

CATHY

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 May 15, 2008
Why just target the young drivers. I have seen just as many adults that are not paying attention when driving when they are on the cell phone.
Saying is whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Just ride around and check this out.
BANNING ALL WILL REDUCE ACCIDENTS AND SAVE MANY LIVES. USE YOUR HEAD!
me too

Lafayette, LA

#2 May 16, 2008
yep, just because you grow up----does not mean you are mature. I guess it can be a good start. But, I actually know just as many mature teens than I do adults!!! The people who will follow a new law like this are not your trouble makers or reckless drivers. The ones with no care for the law will be the ones using the phone!!
An innocent child will prob. pull over to use her phone to report a crime(to not break a law) and she'll be raped b/c of stopping her car!!!!!! Just my opinion! It doesn't count to anyone but me! Good Day!
Mex

Lake Charles, LA

#3 May 17, 2008
me too wrote:
yep, just because you grow up----does not mean you are mature. I guess it can be a good start. But, I actually know just as many mature teens than I do adults!!! The people who will follow a new law like this are not your trouble makers or reckless drivers. The ones with no care for the law will be the ones using the phone!!
An innocent child will prob. pull over to use her phone to report a crime(to not break a law) and she'll be raped b/c of stopping her car!!!!!! Just my opinion! It doesn't count to anyone but me! Good Day!
Everyone I seen pull over to use the phone got raped!!!!! How stupid is that ? You must be, as you say,“a mature teens”........just my opinion.....apenas mi opinion
Mex

Lake Charles, LA

#4 May 17, 2008
..........a second thought. If I an a man (boy) do I get raped also??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kids behavior in school Aug 23 Sandra 5
News Slidell Police Department Arrest Reports for De... (Jun '09) Aug 14 Matthew ferrara 8
What can yo tell me about the bitch known as Ly... Jul '15 Curious 1
Review: EFS Performance Jul '15 EFSperformance do... 2
1983 Flood Settlement (Apr '08) Jun '15 ACS 488
News Jury convicts Bordelon of murdering girl (Jul '06) Feb '15 Digger 190
Keith northcutt (Jan '15) Jan '15 Jailbird 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Livingston Mortgages