Pilgrim's Pride to sell chicken compl...

Pilgrim's Pride to sell chicken complex to Foster Farms

There are 3 comments on the Meat & Poultry story from Mar 23, 2009, titled Pilgrim's Pride to sell chicken complex to Foster Farms. In it, Meat & Poultry reports that:

Pilgrim's Pride Corp. may enter a purchase agreement to sell its Farmerville poultry complex to Foster Farms, Livingston, Calif., for $80 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Meat & Poultry.

old chicken farmer

Banks, AR

#1 Mar 24, 2009
Don Jackson, CEO of Pilgrim's Pride said, "We believe this sale at this price is in the best interests of all parties involved, including our employees, growers, the Farmerville community, and our creditors." It is hard to believe that Don Jackson had everyone's interest at heart when they were finally coerced into selling the Farmerville plant to Foster Farms. There is so much public sentiment against Pilgrim's along with political and legal pressure that was the driving catalyst behind this deal. The interest of the growers, employees, and the Farmerville community was never considered by "spin master" Don Jackson. The truth seems to keep alluding Pilgrim's Pride's CEO Don Jackson. The state of Louisiana basically called Don Jackson's bluff and Pilgrim's Pride finally folded.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2009
I gotta feeling that Pilgrim's is going to back out of this deal. Kind of like the kid who doesn't want to play with his toy, but at the same time doesn't want anybody else to play with it either. I hate to see this happen. There are a lot of good hard working people like myself who are at stake. The real heartbreaker thou are the growers. These people have put all of their eggs in the Pilgrim's Pride basket, and PP could care less. Its like I've always said we are like those chickens on the back of the truck-EXPENDABLE
canceled grower

Waynesboro, TN

#3 Apr 7, 2009
Dont hold your breath untill pilgrims pride does anything right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livingston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats It Like Working For Foster Farms? (Apr '09) Jul '16 sierras_ride 32
Infidelities Jun '16 Patricia 1
News Ponzi scheme suspect also allegedly bilked Redo... (Jan '10) Oct '15 7287 ams 21
3some sex ya all types women's sex contact me (Aug '15) Aug '15 sonu 1
kooi ga (Apr '15) Apr '15 Veer 3
News Fresno County fire captain sues Foster Farms, C... (Mar '14) Aug '14 fblevins1 2
News Broker held in realty scam (Nov '08) Aug '14 KeS 4

Livingston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Livingston Mortgages