Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81677 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

fonzynolicker

Burlington, KY

#65710 Aug 1, 2012
moss on trees grows always the same way i think or just made it up
fonzynolicker

Burlington, KY

#65711 Aug 1, 2012
well that was my theory bout the birds now im stumped

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#65712 Aug 1, 2012
Moss will usually grow on the north side of a tree because the north side gets the least amount of sun.

Location hidden

#65713 Aug 1, 2012
That also makes it a bit easier to hunt morel mushrooms during the spring. They prefer the same, so you need to find a north facing ridge... That's where you're most likely to find some delicious morels for dinner.

Location hidden

#65714 Aug 1, 2012
fonzynolicker wrote:
well that was my theory bout the birds now im stumped
We all are, LOL. Don't feel all alone there, "Fonzy".

Guess that's one of the main reasons why this thread has so many pages to it now, hehe.

Location hidden

#65718 Aug 1, 2012
Hi! Glad to see you pop in. I wish you had some hummingbirds too. It took mine forever to get here. I really was starting to think that this strange weather had made them pass us by this year.

Happily, that's not the case!! I'm sitting here right now in the nice quiet, A/C blowing, and watching the hummies zip around out there. I moved another feeder close to the window so I can see more of them. They're so comical. I adore watching them, and now I'm on my second pot of coffee, hehe!

It's going to be a very lazy and happy NOPE kind of day here, LOL!!

Location hidden

#65722 Aug 1, 2012
There was a web site that I kept up with all spring from an Alcoa plant in Davenport, Iowa. It monitored the parents and babies with 24/7 video footage. It was astounding to watch the progress of these three eaglets that where hatched up in a tree on their property.

Here is the link, although they have no grown up and flew off to their new lives in the wild:

http://www.alcoa.com/locations/usa_davenport/...

Location hidden

#65723 Aug 1, 2012
*NOW grown up and flew off to their new lives.....

Location hidden

#65725 Aug 1, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
This is just sad. I can't imagine what swimmers thought when they seen this. Wonder what is really killing all these fish, dolphins, seals, whales, etc...
I still suspect governmental experiments with sonar, plus the HAARP initiative.. It literally makes me sick to my stomach.
info.

Lewisburg, KY

#65728 Aug 1, 2012
Crazy stuff

Location hidden

#65729 Aug 1, 2012
Did anyone see the story about the 150 million year old oyster that was found recently? They took an MRI scan of it and it appears that this mollusk contains what is more than likely the worlds largest pearl. It may be as big as a golf ball!!

No one wants to open it though because they don't want to damage the fossil. At least someone has a bit of sense these days and has let greed go by the wayside in order to preserve this massive fossil..

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/07/25/25274...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#65734 Aug 1, 2012
Well the dumbass' of Dept Fish and Wildlife murdered the bear roaming Corbin. First the morons replenish the bear population and when the obvious and inevitable occures and a bear wonders into nearby populated areas the bastardos kill the animal. Now, the fools seen this coming from weeks of bear sightings and could easily been prepared to tranquilize the animal. I think it's time to tranquilize morons.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#65737 Aug 1, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
Well the dumbass' of Dept Fish and Wildlife murdered the bear roaming Corbin. First the morons replenish the bear population and when the obvious and inevitable occures and a bear wonders into nearby populated areas the bastardos kill the animal. Now, the fools seen this coming from weeks of bear sightings and could easily been prepared to tranquilize the animal. I think it's time to tranquilize morons.
I would love to have that bears carcass. I would work it up and feed some hungry people with it. I would bet they let all that meat and oil go to waste.

Location hidden

#65739 Aug 1, 2012
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that. Has it been on the news yet? I've not heard anything about it. Why wasn't it relocated, pray tell?

Location hidden

#65740 Aug 1, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about that. Has it been on the news yet? I've not heard anything about it. Why wasn't it relocated, pray tell?
BTW: My comment was directed toward the bear who was supposedly shot, placed by "RoachClip". It makes me sad to hear stories like that.

Location hidden

#65741 Aug 1, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to have that bears carcass. I would work it up and feed some hungry people with it. I would bet they let all that meat and oil go to waste.
Maybe not. There are areas who donate deer kills to jails and/or nonprofits. I don't know about bear meat though. Either way, if an official killed it, it's a sad day.

I would have much better hoped for a capture and relocating plan.

Location hidden

#65746 Aug 1, 2012
Well, I'm going to head out for a while. It was a pleasure to chat with everyone today. Hopefully we'll all get together this evening again.

Till then, wishing many blessings to each of you today.
(That poor bear too)...
I hope it's peacefully lounging in "bear heaven" and is with our Creator right now. I have to believe that this is so, or I'd go postal on human beings..

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
sad

Macon, GA

#65750 Aug 1, 2012
time is the ruler of all things, man is just a desterorer of all things like haarp man built it so man will do all evil like the bible said man will desteroe his self.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#65754 Aug 1, 2012
You never see a U-haul behind a Hearst.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#65755 Aug 1, 2012
The murdered bear story appeared in today's News Journal. If you read it the story says the bear had showed no signs of aggression towards anyone or animal it came near. This is just a result of fear and stupidity. I guess they will start shooting birds now because they are hungry too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livermore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Bank in Livermore to deal with 17 hr The Man 4
this Annalisa 18 hr annalisa 1
Brittany mccoy pregnant 21 hr Haha 9
laramie Wed klenex 9
wheres my stoners @!?! (Dec '12) Jul 25 yalldumbppl 7
The fabric of reality... Jul 19 Revenge 2
Barry Hayes and Tony feeling business partners Jun 30 Cover up 1

Livermore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance