Did Anyone Else Have Thousands of Fly...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robert

Yorba Linda, CA

#21 Nov 27, 2010
Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to scare you but they will truly crawl into your ears at night while you sleep and eat your brains. Happens all the time. It is a socialist plot created by Obama and unfortunately it is obvioulsy working based on some of the posts I have been reading on Topix about the upcoming election...better call the exterminator quick!
I just got done telling my girlfriend about two weird incidents that happend to me. I was in Bakersfield working nad had stopped for lunch with a few co-workers. We had just finished eating and was standing in the parking lot. Out of no where, i saw something falling and hit my friend in the head, we both looked down, it was a pincher bug that had fell out of the sky. Another incodent.. was having lunch on my break, looked out my front windshield, pincher bug was floating down and hit my winshield. What the heck is going on.
Dave

Vineburg, CA

#22 Nov 27, 2010
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got done telling my girlfriend about two weird incidents that happend to me. I was in Bakersfield working nad had stopped for lunch with a few co-workers. We had just finished eating and was standing in the parking lot. Out of no where, i saw something falling and hit my friend in the head, we both looked down, it was a pincher bug that had fell out of the sky. Another incodent.. was having lunch on my break, looked out my front windshield, pincher bug was floating down and hit my winshield. What the heck is going on.
Been hittin’ the Mary Jane at lunchtime?
Mayne

Pleasanton, CA

#23 Nov 28, 2010
I am so sick of these bugs!!! They're are tons of them in my grass and in the bush outfront. They tend to come out at night and I find them all around my front porch. I kill at least 3-5 a week inside my house. It's been this way since I've lived here, less than 5 years.

I have Orkin come out every other month and have been for a few years now and it just helps minimize the problem. They are never fully gone. Orkin guy said they are really hard to get rid of. Each time he comes there are tons of dead or dying earwigs all over the place so it does some good.

Recently I read that dish soap will kill them almost instantly. I was thinking of getting a soap sprayer that hooks to the hose, filling it with dish soap and soaking the hell out of every inch of ground I can. Maybe that'll more effective.
Sue Ann

Pleasanton, CA

#24 Nov 30, 2010
Mayne wrote:
I am so sick of these bugs!!! They're are tons of them in my grass and in the bush outfront. They tend to come out at night and I find them all around my front porch. I kill at least 3-5 a week inside my house. It's been this way since I've lived here, less than 5 years.
I have Orkin come out every other month and have been for a few years now and it just helps minimize the problem. They are never fully gone. Orkin guy said they are really hard to get rid of. Each time he comes there are tons of dead or dying earwigs all over the place so it does some good.
Recently I read that dish soap will kill them almost instantly. I was thinking of getting a soap sprayer that hooks to the hose, filling it with dish soap and soaking the hell out of every inch of ground I can. Maybe that'll more effective.
Good plan - Spray some in your ears every night also so that they do not crawl in there and EAT your brains. It happens.
Mayne

Pleasanton, CA

#25 Nov 30, 2010
Sue Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Good plan - Spray some in your ears every night also so that they do not crawl in there and EAT your brains. It happens.
Sue Ann,

You probably still believe in Santa too. How cute.
Sue Ann

Dublin, CA

#26 Jan 25, 2011
Mayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue Ann,
You probably still believe in Santa too. How cute.
Mayne,
Sorry to hear that obviously the pinscher bugs already snacked on your brains. I warned you...
TheyWarnedYou

Palmdale, CA

#27 Jan 26, 2011
That's what happens when you eat the brown acid...
LLL

Dublin, CA

#28 Feb 3, 2011
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got done telling my girlfriend about two weird incidents that happend to me. I was in Bakersfield working nad had stopped for lunch with a few co-workers. We had just finished eating and was standing in the parking lot. Out of no where, i saw something falling and hit my friend in the head, we both looked down, it was a pincher bug that had fell out of the sky. Another incodent.. was having lunch on my break, looked out my front windshield, pincher bug was floating down and hit my winshield. What the heck is going on.
It is an evil plot instigated by the Obama administration. Ronald Reagan actually gave him the idea. However, the original concept was created by Abraham Lincoln. I know this to be true.
Robert

Stanton, CA

#29 Apr 27, 2011
I posted on here on Nov. 2010. The unexplained just happened again!
Was working in Los Angeles today and was just about to get into my work truck then, something landed on my head..thought it was bird poop that hit me, then i brushed my hair then a pincher bug fell to the floor.
This is the third time that something like this happened.
1. Saw one fall from the sky and hit my friend. Bakersfield,Ca.
2. Eating lunch in my work truck, then one hit my windshield. it hit really hard!
Los Angeles,Ca.
3. Today one fell from the sky and fell off my head. Los Angeles,CA.
Not one of those times were there any buildings or trees.
I will post when it happens to me again.
Robert G
jennifer Boice

Sanford, MI

#30 May 13, 2011
Earwigs do not have wings and it is a legend about them crawling in ears. There is 22 species of earwigs in the USA and many more none of them have wings..
jennifer Boice

Sanford, MI

#31 May 13, 2011
I stand corrected there is an european earwig that has wings
Lee

Dublin, CA

#32 May 13, 2011
jennifer Boice wrote:
I stand corrected there is an european earwig that has wings
Thank you Bug Woman!
nick

Hudson, WI

#33 Jul 13, 2012
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Been hittin’ the Mary Jane at lunchtime?
lol
Whatsthisthing

South San Francisco, CA

#34 Sep 10, 2013
I believe this creature tends to dig/eat/burrow when trapped (a lot like rats). In the middle ages it was a form of torture to place the bug in the ear canal and cover the ear hole. This would cause them to dig/eat their way out, but the way out is into the brain. They will not climb in there and eat away without reason. I am interested in knowing what the winged creature that looks like this bug is! I've seen them too, but am unable to identify it.

“Take me to your kitchen”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#35 Sep 10, 2013
Baby space bugs.
The satellites attract them like magnets.
When the meteor showers and space junk fall they bring the bug babies from outer space with them.
That's why the Greys keep visiting. They are looking for the lost sperm bank.
The bugs want to climb into ears and incubate.
Like a kangaroo pup crawls into the pouch and latches onto a teat.
You see, our brains tastes like mothers milk to them. They are naturally attracted to that tissue. Sit back and let that sink in.
;) >evil laugh<
beemurg

Brentwood, CA

#36 May 24, 2015
Flying Bugs wrote:
There were thousands of flying pincher bugs in our backyard today. I've never even seen a flying pincher bug before today so it really weirded me out. They were all over some trees we have and they were landing on the house. Did anyone else have these bugs?
we just experienced the same thing. Earlier noticed a big palm tree getting "groomed" all the dead palms were being cut down this was happening up hill from our home....and then an hour later could see hundreds of flying critters but as they started to land around us noticed that they are pincher bugs!!! Hundreds! We just ran into the house horrified!

“Passionate Globetrotter”

Level 8

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#37 May 24, 2015
beemurg wrote:
<quoted text>we just experienced the same thing. Earlier noticed a big palm tree getting "groomed" all the dead palms were being cut down this was happening up hill from our home....and then an hour later could see hundreds of flying critters but as they started to land around us noticed that they are pincher bugs!!! Hundreds! We just ran into the house horrified!
Strap on those ear muffs - don't want them to fly into your ears and eat your brains!!!
Sunshine stables

Greenville, NC

#38 Aug 23, 2015
Hey i have pincer bugs they arent earwigs they are solid black im afraod of them and in the cat room they are always coming out of the walls and carpeti accidentally stepped on one it was hiding in the carpet and ot felt like 5 hundred needles going in your foot it hirt what r theese creatures

“Passionate Globetrotter”

Level 8

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#39 Aug 23, 2015
You need to quit worrying about bugs and learn how to friggin spell! Who ignores spellcheck? In the meantime, put your shoes on and go buy some Raid...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livermore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Asian invasion (Oct '12) Sat TheRealDealHolyfield 61
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) May 23 Princess Hey 5,046
Drop a Word ~ Add a Word (Nov '11) May 18 Princess Hey 5,060
Facebook: Livermore Rants and Raves. come join (Jan '16) May 14 Fix_It_Felix 35
Low-frequency rumbling or humming sound day and... (Mar '11) May 5 Wang Chung 230
Frank Gerrett May 5 AwesoneJosh0101 2
Billy walker May 4 Limey 1

Livermore Jobs

Personal Finance

Livermore Mortgages