NONEYA

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Just want to get some ideas for a 18th Birthday present for a young man.? Birthday in May and Graduating in June. He's a good kid and is going to college. Just want something special. Thanks in advance!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Livermore 94551

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

NONEYA wrote:
Just want to get some ideas for a 18th Birthday present for a young man.? Birthday in May and Graduating in June. He's a good kid and is going to college. Just want something special. Thanks in advance!
When he goes to college, will he be living on campus? Or at least away from home near campus?
NONEYA

Dublin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

On Campus
MourningWood

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Does he already have a laptop? If not you can find some really good deals online. If he has an ipod or something, a docking speaker might be nice. You can always pick a gift and throw in a safeway card. Also see if he needs plates or pots and pans.
MourningWood

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

But my best suggestion is pick something that you two have shared interest in. Think back and go for something personal, I know that when I left for college I wanted to bring some things that reminded me of home and the people there.

Level 1

Livermore 94551

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with MW. Something to remind him of home will be appreciated when he's homesick. And also get him things he will need. Even though it's not very personal, a gift card to ikea or target will go a long way for someone who needs to furnish a dorm/apartment. A gift card, along with something personal that he can cherish would be the way I would go.
blessed4

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Judged:

NONEYA wrote:
If he is a relative, or you know someone really close to him, you can get some if his old t-shirts and make him a quilt with them. Or just a homemade cut and tie blanket in his favorite colors, or his new college colors.

Level 2

Since: Sep 12

Livermore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

blessed4 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he is a relative, or you know someone really close to him, you can get some if his old t-shirts and make him a quilt with them. Or just a homemade cut and tie blanket in his favorite colors, or his new college colors.
That's a really cool idea with the t-shirts.
blessed4

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

MourningWood wrote:
<quoted text>That's a really cool idea with the t-shirts.
Thank you

Level 1

Livermore 94551

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

I love making cut and tie blankets. I made one for my boyfriend for his birthday in November. He liked it so much that he brought it from our bed to the couch to the office. So I made another one for "home" for Christmas. And I made one for my mom for Christmas.
Noneya, there are so many fleece pattern options available now. You'll be able to find something that strikes a chord with him. JoAnn Fabrics always has lots of fleece, and lots of coupons!

“Winning Is The Best”

Level 7

Since: Dec 11

Revenge! Lol :0)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Money'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Livermore Discussions

Search the Livermore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jackson Rohm Music 3 hr RPM 1
Word Association Game... (Oct '12) 7 hr A Thought 1,248
Drop a Word ~ Add a Word (Nov '11) 7 hr Misty Fitch 4,478
Livermore Music Thread (May '13) 14 hr RPM 35
Legalize COCKFIGHTING in AGRI ZONINGS to fund p... (Mar '13) Apr 19 EQUAL RIGHTS 74
Thugs at Golden Skate in San Ramon Grand Theft ... (Mar '12) Apr 17 bum 67
HELP STOP UNJUST Persecutions of TAXPAYERS in A... (Aug '13) Apr 15 corruption 14
•••
•••

Livermore News Video

•••
•••

Livermore Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Livermore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••