New fires flare up near Fairbanks - KTVA

Full story: KTVA Anchorage

A new wildfire along the Chatanika River on the west side of Murphy Dome prompted a quick response from firefighters on Monday afternoon in an attempt to snuff the blaze out before it grew any bigger and posed a threat to residents living on the dome.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Aug 6, 2009
Diane Louie

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

Thank you very much for your information. With out you we would all be left in the smoke!!!
Nikki

Daggett, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2009

My boyfriend is a hot shot working on one of the fires in the Railbelt Complex. I have been trying to keep up on latest developements and this site is the most up to date that I've seen. Thanks for your timely reporting. And to all of your readers, please keep all of the firefighting crews in your thoughts and prayers...and please be patient, they're all doing the best they can to get these fires under control. I've been on sites that have done nothing but badmouth the firefighters and the progress they have made...it's not their fault! They work 16 hour days in unimaginably dangerous conditions, no showers and barely any time to rest. They're away from their families for weeks at a time with hardly any contact. If they weren't there, who knows what damage these fires would be capable of causing. Give these brave and dedicated men and women a break! Thanks to all of you who support their efforts!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Livengood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kathy Zachgo and good living in Livengood (Jun '06) Feb '14 Tyler Zachgo 3
History (Jul '07) May '13 Curious 5
Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
AK Who do you support for Governor in Alaska in 2010? (Oct '10) Feb '13 Nope 24
What can you do to attract wealthy guys (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 1
6 tips to date rich men on SeekingRich.com (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 1
AK August 23 Alaska Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Jun '11 Fulltimer322 9

Search the Livengood Forum:
•••
•••
Livengood Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Livengood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••