Kay

North Augusta, SC

#1 Jul 31, 2007
My maiden name is Lovingood, which you might notice is pretty close to Livengood. I'm wondering how the town got its name. My Lovingood ancestors came from Ulrich Liebengut (b. ca. 1688 Melchnau, Canton Bern, Switzerland). He came to Virginia. His descendants slid down to Hanging Dog, NC, and then to northwest GA, above Atlanta.

A name like Liebengut could be transliterated many ways and was even spelled differently from generation to generation. So I'm wondering if the person the town is named after is related to me.

Kay
barb piper

Liberty, IL

#2 Jan 24, 2010
I'm looking for information on Georgia Lee Eldridge who was once a resident of Livengood and later of Fairbanks. She was involved in the world's oldest profession and owned a brothel.She came from Milton,Il and lived in Pike County, She is a distant relative and very curious of her time in Alaska. Any information would be appreciated.My email is bpiper63@hotmail.com if you have any related history.
Larry Livengood

Minerva, OH

#3 Jul 18, 2010
Kay wrote:
My maiden name is Lovingood, which you might notice is pretty close to Livengood. I'm wondering how the town got its name. My Lovingood ancestors came from Ulrich Liebengut (b. ca. 1688 Melchnau, Canton Bern, Switzerland). He came to Virginia. His descendants slid down to Hanging Dog, NC, and then to northwest GA, above Atlanta.
A name like Liebengut could be transliterated many ways and was even spelled differently from generation to generation. So I'm wondering if the person the town is named after is related to me.
Kay
Kay: Quite possibly you could be related. Livengood Ak was named after Jay Livengood from Sandusky OH who , along with his partner Teddy Hudson discovered gold there in 1914.Jay and my grandfather were grandsons of a Peter Livengood from Fayette Co. PA. He in turn was decended from a Peter Livengood who imigrated to America from Bern Switzerland. I don't know the year. Larry
Luanne Stulpin

Springfield, OH

#4 Jan 8, 2013
My family helped a man by the name of Walter Shuros run a small little cafe/store that was located in Livengood Alaska between 1970- 1974. We stayed through the summer for hunters and the pipeline camps. Walter was the son of Ole and Anna Shuros. he still lives in fairbanks as far as I know he is about 85 years old he may have some info. It was the best summers of my young life.
Curious

Natchitoches, LA

#5 May 30, 2013
wasn't there an brothel there way back when?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Livengood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kathy Zachgo and good living in Livengood (Jun '06) Feb '14 Tyler Zachgo 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Alaska (Di... (Oct '10) Apr '13 gee 6
What can you do to attract wealthy guys (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 1
6 tips to date rich men on SeekingRich.com (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 1
News OPINION: Finding an exit from the Native Dark Age (Jan '11) Jan '11 Topsy-Turvy Weather 1
News St. Matthew's Episcopal Church fundraiser to be... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Arctic 1
News AFN honors Elvis-loving Fairbanks minister Anna... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Selecia Jones- JA... 1
More from around the web

Livengood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]