Concerned

Alachua, FL

#1 Oct 29, 2011
I would like to know if anyone has any information about on the job accidents at Pilgrims Pride that has resulted in serious injury or even Death. There seems to be a lot of talk about such happenings but no wants to talk publicly about it. I thought that maybe by posting it here, other people would at least follow along and give up whatever they know without having to be visible.
Donna Carver

Lake Butler, FL

#2 Oct 29, 2011
Concerned wrote:
I would like to know if anyone has any information about on the job accidents at Pilgrims Pride that has resulted in serious injury or even Death. There seems to be a lot of talk about such happenings but no wants to talk publicly about it. I thought that maybe by posting it here, other people would at least follow along and give up whatever they know without having to be visible.
Yep with the stuff they have out there gonna be accidents like falling in the pit where you dump the chicken remnants or whatever. Never heard of anybody dying out there but it's possible.
Little Bird Says

Lake Butler, FL

#3 Oct 30, 2011
OSHA Cites Pilgrim's Pride $135,500 in Penalties for Safety and Health Violations at Russellville, AL Facility

http://www.grainnet.com/articles/osha_cites_p...
Concerned

Alachua, FL

#4 Oct 31, 2011
I have a friend who died out there a couple of Months ago. It was first thought to be a Heart Attack but the Official Cause is Undetermined. At the viewing several of his co workers were talking about a couple of other questionable accidents that involved death either on the job or at the Hospital afterwards.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5 Oct 31, 2011
It employs the most people so without it Live Oak and surrounding areas would be in worse shape.

The state of Florida will offer $500,000 of job-creation incentives to Pilgrimís Pride. The company must maintain at least 1,175 jobs in Live Oak for five years beginning at the end of 2011.
Concerned

Live Oak, FL

#6 Nov 18, 2011
Well can anyone tell me if there is any type of Incident Report generated by Pilgrims Pride when an "accident" of this nature occurs? Is OSHA called and how do you find out anout retreiving personal property belonging to the deceased from a Locker there? So far the Family has gotten nothing but Bull from Pilrgrims Pride.
Live Oak Resident

Fort White, FL

#7 Nov 19, 2011
Unfortunately, a female employee was actually killed on the job out there just a few years ago. She was pulled into the gears of a processing machine and died at the scene.
Only The Truth

Alachua, FL

#8 Nov 19, 2011
Concerned wrote:
Well can anyone tell me if there is any type of Incident Report generated by Pilgrims Pride when an "accident" of this nature occurs? Is OSHA called and how do you find out anout retreiving personal property belonging to the deceased from a Locker there? So far the Family has gotten nothing but Bull from Pilrgrims Pride.
Do you mind saying who the person is that died. I am friends with a supervisor and she knows all and I can ask her.
X-manager

Jackson, TN

#11 Nov 22, 2011
Concerned: call the OSHA office in Jacksonville for such info. Check with your union rep & Safety Manager for Pilgrim's history of OSHA audits & inspections and any formal replies to OSHA regarding any cited workplace safety standard compliance violations, employee injuries and related OSHA 'form 300' injuries/illnesses as are to be recorded and were reported to OSHA.

“DEAUS VALTE”

Since: Nov 11

LIVE OAK

#12 Nov 23, 2011
INS publicly supported news source @ [email protected]
Only The Truth

Live Oak, FL

#13 Nov 30, 2011
Concerned wrote:
They have a locker clean out once a month and everyone is notified to clean out their lockers so they can spray them. If you happen to be on vacation or didn't clean your locker out by the day they tell you to they cut the lock and whatever is in there gets thrown out and it doesn't matter who you are. Nothing is put in a storage area it is thrown in a dumpster.
Anonymous

AOL

#15 Dec 1, 2011
Only The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a locker clean out once a month and everyone is notified to clean out their lockers so they can spray them. If you happen to be on vacation or didn't clean your locker out by the day they tell you to they cut the lock and whatever is in there gets thrown out and it doesn't matter who you are. Nothing is put in a storage area it is thrown in a dumpster.
How do you know that ?
1711MMM

Cornelia, GA

#16 Jan 25, 2012
Concerned wrote:
I TOLD THEM AND THEY DIDNT LISTEN GAINSVILLE ROOF CAVE IN GAINSVILLE GA
I TOLD THEM

Cornelia, GA

#17 Jan 25, 2012
ROOF CAVE IN GAINSVILLE GA TOLD THEM AND THEY DIDNT LISTEN
I TOLD THEM

Cornelia, GA

#18 Jan 25, 2012
NOT THE FIST TIME ROOF CAVE IN GAINSVILLE GA
not so safe

Lake City, FL

#19 Oct 27, 2012
I worked in safety, and health. What a JOKE.
Concerned citizen

Live Oak, FL

#20 Oct 27, 2012
Sounds like Pilgrims treats employees the same as the growers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Live Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New owners close Tally's Grille after 8 years. Wed seymore morales 5
Tallahassee Dodge Tue Michael m 2
Tropical Storm/Hurricane Erika Aug 30 Kelly 7
News State Panel Prepares To Move Forward With Medic... Aug 29 Kelly Finney 1
Keep them in their place! Discrimination in FSU... (Jan '11) Aug 25 Strel 18
Sandy's Mexican Restaurant Aug 20 bbshaw2003 1
Searching for high school friend Aug 13 Paullette Pomerleau 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Live Oak Mortgages