Local News - Water restrictions for p...

Local News - Water restrictions for portion of North Florida

There are 5 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Jan 9, 2008, titled Local News - Water restrictions for portion of North Florida. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

South Florida water managers say the past two years have been the driest back-to-back years on record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Green Watch

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Jan 9, 2008
It is truly time that the population takes out natural resources very, very seriously. We have been being told of impending water shortage for some time but we seem to feel that green lawns are more important.

I just hope that the people of Florida and Georgia are willing to really work together to stretch out and take care of using ONLY what we NEED! That is the only way and will take the effort of us all.
mac

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Jan 9, 2008
heres a thought, there is a fire hydrant one block north of lane ave on normandy blvd that has been running water into the gutter for over a month, i have seen others around jax doing the same thing. i know these things have to be tested from time to time but i can only imagine how much water has been wasted in this process.
freebird

United States

#3 Jan 9, 2008
If there were alot less golf courses, plus new development being built all across FL, GA & AL we'd have more water. They also need to fine those who & actually make them pay when they waste it. Plant more drought resistant landscaping.
heres a clue

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2008
Not to mention the businesses who water the street every morning with their automatic sprinklers.
Edd

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Jun 6, 2012
Lets not forget big business' that are pumping billions of gallons every day for their purposes. The "waste" water they're pumping back out is often so polluted it further reduces our available fresh water. If everyday citizens have to curtail water use why don't business have to do so as well? I'm no expert in math, but it doesn't seem like a couple of hundred gallons a citizen per day from watering a garden and washing a car occasionally and basic home use from a few hundred thousand citizens is a drop in the bucket compared to the billions 1 paper mill or plant pumps a day for cooling and other processes. So why are citizens who can't control a private business' taking the brunt of the punishment for the broader waste of resources by industry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Live Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drogen-info.org is Scam SonnyBlack Mar 23 BiZKiT 1
uhrti.me Review Erfahrung Forum? Mar 23 JESUS 1
4-Fluorococaine Research Chemicals Shop Germany (May '14) Mar 23 BiZKiT 19
2-MMC 2-FMA 3-MMC A-PVT Research Chemicals Shop... (May '14) Mar 22 BiZKiT 5
Hell's Angels are coming to Nassau County, FL (Jun '16) Mar 20 Malo 12
Get-Rc.to is SCAM SCAM SCAM (May '14) Mar 19 BIZKIT 30
Dear Gov. Scott, ( corrupted Judicial Appointme... Mar 19 Crooked Clerks 5

Live Oak Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance