Fire assesment on your property

Fire assesment on your property

Posted in the Live Oak Forum

Enlightenment

Lake Butler, FL

#1 Mar 3, 2012
How much are you paying now? Well if things keep going the way they are you may find they double or even triple soon. It seems there are some sho are attempting to inflate the number to be able to increase the budget for the fire dept to justify asking for more money.

Yeas ago the fire dept were made up of citizens who beleived in giving back to the community because it was the right thing to do. It seems there are some who do not like these people and want everyone who goes to a fire to be on the payroll and be able to control what they do, say and who they talk to. I think I am seeing a pattern here and do not like what I see. I blieve it is getting close to infringing on someones constitutinal rights and maybe a crime against them.

I think multiple EMS units to a single patient call is a waste of taxpayers money especially when it takes away resorces for other areas of the county and they they call in another county because they have assests tied up without a reason for it. some would say they need more money and people because they had to call for help. Look closely at the practice that is going on and do the math. I see a hugh increase in Fire assesment if the Commissioners do not stop this before it gets out of hand.

Listen to the calls, check the numbers ond open your eyes, YOU the taxpayer are going to be the one who gets screwed because there are those who are not watching and bring this to your attention.

Good luck, your going to need every penny you make with what is coming ecnomically.

“DEAUS VALTE”

Since: Nov 11

LIVE OAK

#2 Mar 6, 2012
I feel what I am paying for concerning fire assessments is OK. I would like to ask however what you would suggest as an alternative. Having done a study on the situation I have come to the conclusion that we might not be paying enough. There are two kinds of fire protection services at work here and both are supplemented with volunteers. The reasons for the changes to the system was a lack of participation, changes to the state law, increased costs for training and equipment and the issue of having a countywide fire system that has the proper equipment. The first system is structure fires and the second is rural wildfire response. At one time the Florida Forest Service covered this but when Suwannee County became a suburban bedroom community with the county mostly being cut into five acre plots or less that service went to the wayside. Suwannee County responded by developing a system to handle that with help from the FFS to deal with wildfires. Dealing with the EMS is a different animal and is not a part of the fire assessment/tax. EMS is grant funded or paid from general revenues of the county. Again I ask what alternative system would you propose. I ran three commission campaigns with this very issue and had some ideas on how to deal with that but that was 12 years ago and began with the 1980 and 1984 campaigns with the last attempt in 2000 against R. Hatch. So, unless you are a part of the system as a firefighter/EMS I ask you in with respect, WHAT ARE YOU THOUGHTS AND WHAT WOULD YOU PROPOSE. OH, BTW How is the war economy working for you? DEAUS VALTE

Moultrie, GA

#3 Mar 15, 2012
How is the economy working for me in general? I can sum it up real quick Psalms 109 vs 8 & 9, I may be not be a Christian but I can pray to any book I please. And if that book doesn't work I'll find another book and keep looking until I find the magic one, the one that works. That's for those out there that will now write with their "aha, got'cha" moment.
This is not the subject but I wanted to ask if anyone read what I read about our "Dear Leader" and his face on an American flag in NY. As a vet it makes me sick to my stomach, not only has face but any face desecrates the flag that so many have died for. How dare he!!! If you didn't read it and want to let me know and I can find a link and post it.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 15, 2012
March I saw that face on the flag and almost vomited. What has gotten into people worshiping a guy who hates this country?Im sick to death of him.
Only The Truth

United States

#5 Mar 15, 2012
March1968 wrote:
How is the economy working for me in general? I can sum it up real quick Psalms 109 vs 8 & 9, I may be not be a Christian but I can pray to any book I please. And if that book doesn't work I'll find another book and keep looking until I find the magic one, the one that works. That's for those out there that will now write with their "aha, got'cha" moment.
This is not the subject but I wanted to ask if anyone read what I read about our "Dear Leader" and his face on an American flag in NY. As a vet it makes me sick to my stomach, not only has face but any face desecrates the flag that so many have died for. How dare he!!! If you didn't read it and want to let me know and I can find a link and post it.
The only ones that he doesn't make sick is the peons that still are drinking the kool aid and don't research the S.O.B. The vets that fought in the beginning for this country are prolly rolling over in their graves at what is happening to it.

Moultrie, GA

#6 Mar 16, 2012
All vets are disgusted with him, however, all vets took a solemn oath. However, that oath was to protect from all enemies foreign and domestic. Lets hope that the generals wake up and do something to tear down his "monarchy". The man is circumventing the constitution to do what he wants not what the constitution outlines. I don't know how I can say any plainer than this; "This is America, my country....and a black African communist Muslim is NOT my President... Nough' said! Now having exercised my first amendment rights to freedom of speech I'm sure that some will be outraged over my having said it. To you I express my deepest condolences for your stupidity!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#7 Mar 18, 2012
John S Koch wrote:
I feel what I am paying for concerning fire assessments is OK. I would like to ask however what you would suggest as an alternative. Having done a study on the situation I have come to the conclusion that we might not be paying enough. There are two kinds of fire protection services at work here and both are supplemented with volunteers. The reasons for the changes to the system was a lack of participation, changes to the state law, increased costs for training and equipment and the issue of having a countywide fire system that has the proper equipment. The first system is structure fires and the second is rural wildfire response. At one time the Florida Forest Service covered this but when Suwannee County became a suburban bedroom community with the county mostly being cut into five acre plots or less that service went to the wayside. Suwannee County responded by developing a system to handle that with help from the FFS to deal with wildfires. Dealing with the EMS is a different animal and is not a part of the fire assessment/tax. EMS is grant funded or paid from general revenues of the county. Again I ask what alternative system would you propose. I ran three commission campaigns with this very issue and had some ideas on how to deal with that but that was 12 years ago and began with the 1980 and 1984 campaigns with the last attempt in 2000 against R. Hatch. So, unless you are a part of the system as a firefighter/EMS I ask you in with respect, WHAT ARE YOU THOUGHTS AND WHAT WOULD YOU PROPOSE. OH, BTW How is the war economy working for you? DEAUS VALTE
Hello John,
Hope your are well. First how can EMS not be a part of the fire system when it was required that the employees be dual certified to get a job at one point? They are interconnected I do believe.

In the past I have seen volunteer systems such as what Suwannee County has had for years work well because there were many who gladly gave their time to the community. There are still these people here and would do more if training were offer to them instead of denying them the tools they need to support the community at no charge. This type of system has worked for hundreds of years with minimal expense to the tax payers because of community minded people. All it takes is a director willing to support it.

I have heard that the volunteer are going to start getting paid for call outs and I think that is great but then this is going to be interesting because now they are no longer volunteers and will have to be scheduled to make sure there are those who would be available, hence now an on call employee and subject to many new issues and problems to make it work.
I am sure you have a scanner and listen to calls and the rhetorical mayhem that has gone on the air with the fire channel. Misuse of assets for whatever reason is a travesty and something that should not be tolerated.

What we are paying is fair but I do not think paying more in a community like ours is justified. Most of the county will not benefit from it only pay for an enhanced system in the Live Oak area.

You asked for a solution: My suggestion would be to support the volunteer system with proper training and support to enhance the people they already have in the locations around the county and stop running the paid people out of their area so there is no one there when a call come in.

As always a pleasure

a posse ad esse

“DEAUS VALTE”

LIVE OAK

#8 Mar 18, 2012
@ SFR-Rat -- In discussing the EMS/Fire system I was only saying the funding is from two areas, asessments, grants, and general revenues. EMS is a losing business any way you look at it. AS for the volunteer system our community has changed so much that the system is almost unworkable because of either interest or commitment. While the volunteer system can work and has worked very well it is not the answer for this area.What we have now is better than what we have had in years, not perfect but is working. For the first time all elements have the same equipment and under a system that can work if we let it. I know there can be improvements and I feel they will come in time. I have watched the system evolve for the past 38 years and feel that the changes instituted will see a system that is workable for the county. As for the director supporting volunteers and professionals all it takes is willingness and cooperation and I believe that Charlie is getting that but that can change at the whim of the commission. Good to hear from you and your thoughts on this matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Live Oak Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
unlicenced makeup artist 23 hr artist 2
tallahassee sucks (Apr '14) Tue shelby8871 25
michelle Oct 16 Skeet 8
Anyone check out this psychologist? Oct 15 FL Fraud 1
narc snitch (Nov '16) Oct 13 Chrissy 7
Katie styles Oct 12 Sorry 2
falze makeup artist Oct 10 nuts 2

Live Oak Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance