Maria

Castleton On Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Just wanted to make everyone aware to lock their vehicles and\or set the alarms even when home. Vehicles in Littleton have been broken into while parked right in the yard WHILE PEOPLE WERE HOME recently and on more than one occassion within the last 3 weeks!! Catalytic converters are also being stolen off any vehicles easy enough to slide under. It only takes seconds to steal a converter with a power saw. Also be cautious about where you park at night. Myself, I would refrain from parking behind the movie theater, laundromats and other out of the way free parking if any other more visible option is available.
coffeedrinker47

Peterborough, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

A woman had her son's video camera stolen right outof her car parked in Walmart. She actually saw who was parked beside her. They have video cameras looking out into the parking lot. So, hopefully they will find the scum that is doing this
Dragono

Castleton On Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

That sucks. Installing an alarm like a Viper system with shock sensors is a good deterrent. Especially if someone is trying to saw off your converter. The shocks from the saw will set off the alarm system. It may prevent them from actually stealing it and save you from filing an insurance claim and\or paying upwards of $800+ for a new converter. Out of curiosity I looked up a converter for my vehicle on a popular parts website and the list price is $900+!!! I think the viper alarm is cheaper and most insurance companies give you breaks on your policy if you have one installed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Littleton Discussions

Search the Littleton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) Jul 2 Nancy France 134
Getting through Jun 28 biRd 2
Sovereign Journey Jun 20 Lyndonville VT 43
I wish I werz uh babee bumble bee May '14 buZz 6
Its a beautyful Day in The Topixhood May '14 Will You 3
Shaw's Sucks! (Aug '09) Apr '14 Maine Shaws sucks too 23
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Habs 25
•••
•••