Reports list McKay's use of force

Reports list McKay's use of force

There are 41 comments on the Concord Monitor story from Jul 25, 2007, titled Reports list McKay's use of force. In it, Concord Monitor reports that:

Bruce McKay used a gun, pepper spray or other force during police calls at least 24 times in 10 years, often for routine animal complaints but sometimes to subdue someone for intoxication or speeding, according ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Concord Monitor.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
please clarify

Columbia, SC

#6 May 12, 2008
Why do you want emails regarding the highway naming?
KingCast

Boston, MA

#7 May 13, 2008
please clarify wrote:
Why do you want emails regarding the highway naming?
1. The law says I don't need a reason.

2. But since you asked, the emails reflect public input and government response on a matter involving law enforcement and my tax dollars, for starters.

Let me know if you need any other clarification.

Peace.
KingCast

Boston, MA

#8 May 13, 2008
please clarify wrote:
Why do you want emails regarding the highway naming?
Now then the more appropriate question is:

"Why doesn't the government want to provide me the emails regarding the failed highway renaming?"

Peace again.
LAJFA

Lewiston, ME

#9 May 13, 2008
KingCast wrote:
<quoted text>
Now then the more appropriate question is:
"Why doesn't the government want to provide me the emails regarding the failed highway renaming?"
Peace again.
Many of us on the collective know the reasons "why". Eventually they will have to answer to the court......they can only hide behind each other for so long.
please clarify

Columbia, SC

#10 May 13, 2008
Why do you want them?

Where do you pay taxes? Are you a property owner? Do you own land or a house?
King George

Bullhead City, AZ

#11 May 13, 2008
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Sales Taxes
State Sales Tax: None. There is an 8% tax on lodging and restaurant meals and a 7% tax on two-way communications.
Gasoline Tax: 19.6 cents/gallon
Diesel Fuel Tax: 19.6 cents/gallon
Cigarette Tax:$1.08 cents/pack of 20

New Hampshire receives substantial revenue from taxes on motor fuels, tobacco products, alcoholic beverages sold through the state liquor stores, and pari-mutuel betting.

So if King has bought fuel, cigarettes, a meal or liquor, he's a NH taxpayer.

Next question?
please clarify

Columbia, SC

#12 May 13, 2008
By that definition, practically anyone who ever passed through the state would be considered a NH taxpayer. Hardly compares to being a real property owner and subsequent taxpayer.
King George

Bullhead City, AZ

#13 May 13, 2008
Agreed, but King only stated "my tax dollars", not the source thereof. But by your definition, without property you have no rights. I thought feudalism was dead. If you want to take this discussion further it could be argued a renter pays taxes by proxy as taxes are a cost passed along as part of the rent payment.

I guess I see your barbs at King as pointless and an attempt to muddy the discussion.
please clarify

Columbia, SC

#14 May 13, 2008
Property taxes are not necessarily passed on to the renter. Ever heard of negative cash flow?

I would hardly consider myself a Florida taxpayer just because I've been to Disney World on vacation.
Straight Talk

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#15 May 13, 2008
please clarify wrote:
Why do you want them?
Where do you pay taxes? Are you a property owner? Do you own land or a house?
I am not clear on what this line of questioning has to do with it? What do these things mean to you in regards to the letters sent in about the highway?
please clarify

Columbia, SC

#16 May 13, 2008
I don't believe the question was addressed to you?

The question was, why do you want the emails?
please clarify

Columbia, SC

#19 May 13, 2008
They may "reflect public input and government response" as you say but that still doesn't answer the question, why do you want them?
Straight Talk

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#20 May 13, 2008
I didn't think these questions applied.
please clarify

Columbia, SC

#21 May 13, 2008
No, I quess you don't have to be a taxpayer to waste someone else's tax dollars.
reminder

AOL

#22 May 13, 2008
please clarify wrote:
No, I quess you don't have to be a taxpayer to waste someone else's tax dollars.
I wonder if it had been your son,daughter, sister, brother, husband or wife if you would feel the same way.
LAJFA

Lewiston, ME

#23 May 13, 2008
please clarify wrote:
Why do you want them?
Where do you pay taxes? Are you a property owner? Do you own land or a house?
Regardless of weather you rent or own, property tax often times is figured in by most banks and added to the mortgage. What point are you trying to make, please clarify ?
LAJFA

Lewiston, ME

#24 May 13, 2008
please clarify wrote:
Why do you want them?
Where do you pay taxes? Are you a property owner? Do you own land or a house?
We have our reasons....
LAJFA

Lewiston, ME

#25 May 13, 2008
please clarify wrote:
They may "reflect public input and government response" as you say but that still doesn't answer the question, why do you want them?
Why ask why ?????
KingCast

Manchester, NH

#31 May 14, 2008
LAJFA wrote:
<quoted text>
Right again Chris, we won't allow it. I hope the end result is many formal complaints filed against them with the NH Bar. It is lawyers like this that give others a bad rap.....Pathetic.
Not so fast. Don't assume Mullen knew.

This is a comment I made to that post:

So wait a minute, you say.... I've all but got Attorney Mullen implicated in wrongdoing.

Well to reiterate, I actually hope that he didn't have the files because when I met him he seemed like a nice enough guy.

But if that's the case, then he's got to step forward and say "Hey Your Honor, I never saw the files nor have I heard of them," in order to be in compliance with Rule 3.3.

And then we have Montminy right where we want him.

Destroying evidence of complaints against Bruce McKay.

That's the Blackenroe way to coin the phrase from Arthur Ashe (who told me I should go to law school back in '89):

"A nick here, a cut there.... and pretty soon somebody's bled out."

BTW I caught some of Mac's performance in Boston this year, this time on TV as opposed to in personam jurisdiction last year but he's still so brilliant to watch as he managed to eek out a victory over Sampras and then crush Gimelstob. Nobody has ever before nor ever will address a tennis ball the way he does. Playing that guy has to be torture because you never know what's about to come off of his racket, and it's almost like no two strokes are identical, in opposition to so many players today.

I like to keep folks guessin' too.
Question

Ashburn, VA

#32 May 14, 2008
Can't you just file a 91A request to the Town for the phone bills from the day that the complaint was faxed to Grafton County? It probably would have been faxed to Mullen the same day or at least that same month, so you could at least find out if anything of comparable length was sent to Mullen's office.

Maybe someone local could go take a look-see for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PATRIC McCARTHY: THE REAL EVIDENCE (Aug '11) Thu gruntled 1,382
Normand M. Boisvert of Easton and Other Sex Off... (Dec '08) Jun 18 Anon2016 55
News Two area men ordered held without bail in Littl... May '16 Community Disorga... 1
Tom Conrad murder in Pike NH, unsolved 4 years ... (Sep '09) May '16 LWTUA 146
News Lost revenue could spell end for senior citizen... Apr '16 rkt10 1
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) Apr '16 KaliChaos 136
What Kasich keeps hidden from NH Feb '16 Kasich Caution fr... 1

Littleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages