Dogs running loose around Remich Park

Dogs running loose around Remich Park

Posted in the Littleton Forum

Diane

Alstead, NH

#1 Apr 29, 2010
There is a town ordinance about dogs being leashed at all times. But it seems our wonderful police dept. don't want to enforce the law. I'm wondering what it's going to take maybe a child getting bit or the animal getting hit with a car. Shame on the the owners for not following the rules but double shame on the police officers for not enforcing them.
Sharon

Sanford, ME

#2 May 2, 2010
Diane,
I share your distain for dog owners who allow their dogs to run free and do their "duty" on my lawn or let them do their "duty" on our lawn and not pick it up when walking them on a leash. I also share your concern for a child being bitten by a dog. The owner of the dog (not the police) have the duty to make sure their dog is in control at all times.
Did you report the dogs to the police department and did the PD tell you they are not enforcing this law or are you just assuming? Not fair to the PD if you did not report the dogs or if you are assuming....you know what happens when you "assume ".......... I know our PD does inforce the law.
I have called the PD on a couple of occasions when having problems with neighborhood dogs and they have always responded.
Adrienne

Castleton On Hudson, NY

#3 May 3, 2010
I know. Our neighbors walk their dogs on our lawn all the time, they pee right by our porch steps and the police do nothing at all. Very aggravating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PATRIC McCARTHY: THE REAL EVIDENCE (Aug '11) May 20 gruntled 1,385
Murder in Campton (Feb '06) Mar '17 camp david 102
Affordable vacation/retirement/year round Manuf... Mar '17 Kellixoxo 1
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) Feb '17 Det Columbo 145
COlumbos HOuse of SPam (Mar '14) Jan '17 John Green 372
A plea for information - Do you know what happ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 letsfindanswers 1
Shaw's Sucks! (Aug '09) Sep '16 Sherpa 26

Littleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages