First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Miami, FL

#21 Apr 6, 2012
citigirl wrote:
I love Chinese food the New Century always had good food. I have eaten at many of Chinese food resturants. The best Chinese food I have ever had was at MR Lees on route 302. I think it was in Littleton but not sure. I dont know if it is still there but there food was the best I have ever had.
whats in the poo poo plater?
eggrollz

United States

#22 Apr 10, 2012
yum
Tom

Atlanta, GA

#23 Apr 10, 2012
Do they have a web page?
Tee

Bethlehem, NH

#24 May 16, 2012
My best local pick is 1. Asian Garden and 2. Mr Lees. They know what they're doing! LOVE IT. The only Chinese buffet I like right now is Red Apple in Concord but I hardly ever get down there.
Joe B

Lake Memphremagog, VT

#25 Apr 3, 2013
Great Food - Great Web Site:
http://jingfong.tk

Since: Mar 13

Woodsville, NH

#26 Apr 4, 2013
Sure there are probably prettier, less greasy (really not that bad)and better stocked Chinese Buffets around. However, for a satisfying inexpensive meal, you cannot beat JING FONG. It doesn't always have your favorite things but isn't variety and trying new things what a buffet is all about? They are a nice family and while unenthusiastic at times, the boys are always polite and attentive. Never ordered off the menu but I hear it's good. We usually visit once a month or so and it's always for the buffet. We always walk out full and satisfied.
Food Critic Critic

Portland, ME

#27 Apr 5, 2013
It is unfortunate that this place can get a bad review because they have plastic wrap under the fried rice. Hell, I have no idea why they do it but what different does it make? That is the only thing in their buffet that they put plastic under. Maybe it's an ancient chinese secret that provides youth and beauty to those that eat it and you are missing out because you want to be a pretentious a-hole. Your loss!
No church in wild

New York, NY

#28 Apr 5, 2013
ARIJANA

Bethlehem, NH

#29 May 4, 2013
Food Critic Critic wrote:
It is unfortunate that this place can get a bad review because they have plastic wrap under the fried rice. Hell, I have no idea why they do it but what different does it make? That is the only thing in their buffet that they put plastic under. Maybe it's an ancient chinese secret that provides youth and beauty to those that eat it and you are missing out because you want to be a pretentious a-hole. Your loss!
Really? Try thinking about the CHEMICALS that are in plastic wrap.

"Plastic Food Wrap Poses Food Safety Risk
Posted on Aug. 2, 2011, 6 a.m. in Cancer Diet Environment

Foods wrapped in plastic wrap may expose people to bisphenol A and phthalates, compounds regarded as endocrine disruptors with potential risks to human health. Ruthann A Rudel, from the Silent Spring Institute (Massachusetts, USA), and colleagues conducted a short intervention trial involving five families, each with two children, who were enrolled in a three-phase study that lasted eight days. Making the switch to fresh food resulted in a 66% drop in participants' urinary concentration of bisphenol A, and metabolites of a commonly used phthalate -- bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate, or DEHP -- fell by between 53% and 56% within a few days. The team reports that:“BPA and DEHP exposures were substantially reduced when participants’ diets were restricted to food with limited packaging.”

So...when you lay steaming hot rice on plastic wrap it's leaching these chemicals into the food! I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to eat that. Did everyone think that BPA-free water bottles etc was just a joke?! It's not.
ARIJANA

Bethlehem, NH

#30 May 4, 2013
Besides, I cook well enough so I have managed to make my own Chinese food at home. I finally took time to learn. Its a lot healthier too, and at least I know what's in the food and where its been.

Since: Mar 13

Woodsville, NH

#31 May 5, 2013
ARIJANA wrote:
Besides, I cook well enough so I have managed to make my own Chinese food at home. I finally took time to learn. Its a lot healthier too, and at least I know what's in the food and where its been.
Your choice not to eat there then has nothing to do with the plastic wrap under the fried rice. Sure the BPA content is detectable in plastics but the effects of it, if any, are unproven. Most canned foods have some and you have no idea what other things JF or any other restaurant you may eat at comes from a can. You just can't see it. Pick your favorite restaurant and you can bet you are exposed to just as much, if not more BPA there than you are with a scoop of JING FONG's fried rice.

Here is an article by good housekeeping for anyone who wants to look at the BPA issue in a rational and practical way. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-revie...

It's a lengthy article but it is definitely more comprehensive than that posted by Arijana. It points out the risks in the plastic dominated world we live in. The headline she referred to bears no facts or information or detail, just an eye grabbing headline designed to cause panic.

I am not defending the plastic industry, but if you want to make an informed decision about BPA then you should at least be informed properly.
JWB

Lincoln, NH

#32 May 10, 2013
The two in Woodsville are great and very similar (always fresh). I also like fungaki in Plymouth ( very nice people) and they treat you right if you frequent. I look forward to trying MR lees and Jing fong. I might even get Columbos/Tangs autograpgh.
joc

Lancaster, NH

#33 Dec 25, 2013
Sandra Leigh wrote:
Has anyone tried Jing Fong since they moved to Main St?
YES!! The new place is clean and classy and the food is soooo good! My daughter lives in southern Vt/NH and when she comes home she always wants to fo to Jing Fong! Best in the State of NH trust me!!!
joc

Lancaster, NH

#34 Dec 25, 2013
JWB wrote:
The two in Woodsville are great and very similar (always fresh). I also like fungaki in Plymouth ( very nice people) and they treat you right if you frequent. I look forward to trying MR lees and Jing fong. I might even get Columbos/Tangs autograpgh.
Not a fan of Mr. Lee's....was served a glass of water with a dead bug in it....but the Jing Fong is awesome!! Atmosphere and service are wonderful but the food is to die for!!! It is the very best Chinese food in the state of NH !!
Insanity rules

Hooksett, NH

#35 Feb 16, 2014
Yo Beagle,

Lettuce say U and I meet at Jing Fong for a wonton or 2. Wowzer.?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PATRIC McCARTHY: THE REAL EVIDENCE (Aug '11) Dec 15 Wizard 1,371
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) Dec 2 brad 135
Christopher Flynn....Where did he go.? (Oct '10) Nov '14 Rvllchrs 126
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Hampsh... (Oct '10) Nov '14 Bravo 27
a “problem property. (Nov '12) Oct '14 Det Columbo 3
Shaw's Sucks! (Aug '09) Oct '14 Upsetemployee 24
Demolition Underway for Historic Bethlehem Buil... Aug '14 Stephanie 1
Littleton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web