Sandra Leigh

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Has anyone tried Jing Fong since they moved to Main St?
Misty

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2011

Judged:

No, not yet. I keep meaning to though. Last time I tried it a few years ago, the food didn't seem cooked too well. Too greasy and luke-warm. Maybe they've learned to cook since then? I hope....There's not too many good Chinese buffets around. The only one I can think of is China Moon in Lyndonville. That's it.
please cook better

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

Judged:

Review from Yanaba
1.0 star rating
9/1/2011

Food! Not cooked well, it always comes out greasy and not warm. If the oil is hot enough, it will NOT be that greasy!!! They need to go back to school and learn how to cook. If they want an example of good cooking, they should check out China Moon in Lyndonville. Or Asian Garden. I've gone to Lyndonville for buffet for the last 4 years because of the greasy, lukewarm food at Jing Fong. It's too bad they can't cook because they're the only gig in town with a buffet.

Review from Zen F.
Lancaster, NH
4.0 star rating
6/21/2011

Jing Fong has always had a special place in my heart. That said, their buffet has gone downhill in recent years: The food just isn't kept hot anymore (and I've had it right when it's being started). If you want to win here, order from the menu. The prices are crazy good and the food is always fantastic. Plus, last I knew, if you like this sort of thing (and I do!), call them a day in advance and ask for frog's legs. They will be in the buffet the next day. Not sure if they still do this but I hope so! My second favorite Chinese place in the area, next to the China Moon over in Lyndonville VT.

Review from Tom B.
2 reviews
Tom B.

Stafford Springs, CT
3.0 star rating
8/30/2010

Food was very good. I went during lunch and it was pretty busy. Buffet was very low on items at times. If you don't care about atmosphere....the place is tiny and run down a bit.....great for a quick lunch or maybe take out.

Review from joseph r.
Photo of joseph r.

64 reviews
joseph r.

Billings, MT
2.0 star rating
2/27/2009

The crab rangoons are good, but otherwise the food is greasy and bland. Furthermore, the premises is rather dilapidated. If you're looking for Chinese in Littleton, your money is far better spent at Golden Bamboo Palace (unless you want buffet, which Jing Fong has but Bamboo Palace does not).

I should note that this place is run by a nice Chinese family, and I think they work very hard to keep it going.
Kaja

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

I won't eat anywhere that suspends fried rice over the serving dish with plastic film. I don't want plastic chemicals leaching on my food. That's just because they are too stupid and lazy to clean the serving tray. That's also why they never keep the food decently hot.
Sveta

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

Their last inspection score was only 86. They do not cook the food to the proper temperature and had open personal drink containers in the kitchen around the food. That explains a lot. All you have to do to get the score and inspection results for any restaurant is write to the Food Safety department of Health and Human Services for your state and they will reply.

NH is working on getting theirs published online!
Best Food In Town

Arlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

Kaja wrote:
I won't eat anywhere that suspends fried rice over the serving dish with plastic film. I don't want plastic chemicals leaching on my food. That's just because they are too stupid and lazy to clean the serving tray. That's also why they never keep the food decently hot.
Their food is the best and they know what they're doing. They are the hardest worker and never lazy. I can tell by the way they look and how tired they are. Ur probably the one whos so stupid and dumb not knowing anything. Ur probably lazy and just dont work as hard. U should never just guess and post it, what would u fell if someone post something stupid about you? >:(
Food

Arlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

Jing Fong has always been the best place in town. The owners work very hard, stay late and always let people in late if they come. They will get busy somedays but I dont care because their food is always the best. The owner is very polite and friendly to anyone. The new place is great! Its large and the buffet just gets better! I would recomend this to everyone and come at a time where its not busy if ur in a hurry. Some just dont know how to wait.
Evelina

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2011

Judged:

Come at at time when its not busy? That made absolutely no sense..... If its busy and the food is COLD, then they definitely have a problem! I've tried to eat there when they're busy or slow. I know what Kaja is talking about with the plastic wrap and the rice because I saw the same thing last time I was there. I was not impressed. If I really want to eat Chinese food, I will go to China Moon or Asian Garden. Its not the first food on my list, but I do eat it every once in a blue moon. And when I choose to eat it, I DONT WANT IT COLD OR SUPER GREASY.
XYZ

Arlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

Well anyone who thinks the foods cold or stuff like that than why dont u just shut the f up bout it and just do what u want to do? The food will be cold if the buffet is over and u probably came at that time. Super greasy? Are u nuts! Why would their food be super greasy? Ive eaten there for a long time and everything is great and many people loved their food. How about u just go and do what u want to do and not spread this rumor thats not even true. Ur very stupid in trying to get this "cold food" and "very greasy" to others just because u thought of that. What if they think differently? So i suggest u shut up and do something different than to talk more about this subject.
Former Ncountry Resident

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2011

Judged:

"Has anyone tried Jing Fong since they moved to Main St?"

All I hear about is Jing Fong when I go up North. They aren't very good. The service is horrible. They have three teenage boys who really don't know how to take orders or serve food. They act as if they are made to work there and don't want to. I've gotten food there twice and both times they forgot to put in the order and the mother who works in the kitchen has come out and yelled at them for not doing there jobs. They seem like a nice family but they need real wait staff, not kids who don't want to be there. Food was average, Portions were large, prices good, buffet looked gross

Since: Dec 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2011

I love the Fong! We order off the menu, and the food is great, and the family that owns the place is SO nice. The new place on main street is WAY better than the old place with the leaky roof! We bring our food home, about 5 miles away...and when we get home the food is STILL piping hot.
Kaja

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Judged:

XYZ:

:-) Its not a "rumor" as you so nicely put it. It's not just me that won't eat there any longer. The company I work for wont even place an order with them. If we have a catered event or want to place a huge order, we call Asian Garden. There's a reason for that and its because Jing Fong just can't seem to get it together. Other posters are right: They shouldn't have kids working that don't want to be there and do the work. What good is it if the mother has to stop what she's doing in the kitchen to sit on top of them and make sure they're taking care of business and treating customers respectfully? It makes total sense now why the food is always super greasy and luke-warm to cold.
Food Detective

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2011

Judged:

SO....What places do You eat at and I bet I can tell You some stories about them. The fact that You can see a buffet is a plus, just don't eat what You don't want or order off the menu or just don't go there.

C'mon give Me some restaurants so We can compare. I have been in every kitchen in the North counrty and there are a few (Too Many) that need a change.
looking4amoose

Woonsocket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

Judged:

Stopped eating at the Asian Garden when I saw a rat run through the dining area. the new Jing Fong environment is much better and the kids are always very polite. We live out of state but spend weekends in the area frequently and they always remember us. The mother is always polite to us and the crab rangoon is the best I've ever had. I'm pretty fond of the General Tso's too!

If the food was bad, I don't really think busloads of tourists would stop during foliage season.

“"Dancing with wolves"”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Judged:

looking4amoose wrote:
Stopped eating at the Asian Garden when I saw a rat run through the dining area. the new Jing Fong environment is much better and the kids are always very polite. We live out of state but spend weekends in the area frequently and they always remember us. The mother is always polite to us and the crab rangoon is the best I've ever had. I'm pretty fond of the General Tso's too!
If the food was bad, I don't really think busloads of tourists would stop during foliage season.
When we're running late and in the Littleton area we always eat at Jing Fongs. The food has always been good or we wouldn't keep eating there.
Closer to home my favorite place is Sunny Garden and New Century in Woodsville. I prefer Sunny Garden as they have their own parking lot and you don't have to park on the street and walk up stairs to get your meal. Both have excellant food IMO.
looking4amoose

Woonsocket, RI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2012

Wowzer the real one wrote:
<quoted text>
When we're running late and in the Littleton area we always eat at Jing Fongs. The food has always been good or we wouldn't keep eating there.
Closer to home my favorite place is Sunny Garden and New Century in Woodsville. I prefer Sunny Garden as they have their own parking lot and you don't have to park on the street and walk up stairs to get your meal. Both have excellant food IMO.
We've tried both of those as well. We went to the New Century shortly after it opened (after the fire at the Sports Pub---which I really do miss.....) It was good...and I like that it is near HUberts (that's where I buy my Dansko's---cheapest place I can find for them) Sunny Garden was good too, but Jing Fong is still my favorite up there. Here in RI I have a favorite too---they have General Tso's that the same as Jing fong's.:)
Fellow New Yorker

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2012

Judged:

Former Ncountry Resident wrote:
"Has anyone tried Jing Fong since they moved to Main St?"
All I hear about is Jing Fong when I go up North. They aren't very good. The service is horrible. They have three teenage boys who really don't know how to take orders or serve food. They act as if they are made to work there and don't want to. I've gotten food there twice and both times they forgot to put in the order and the mother who works in the kitchen has come out and yelled at them for not doing there jobs. They seem like a nice family but they need real wait staff, not kids who don't want to be there. Food was average, Portions were large, prices good, buffet looked gross
Evelina wrote:
Come at at time when its not busy? That made absolutely no sense..... If its busy and the food is COLD, then they definitely have a problem! I've tried to eat there when they're busy or slow. I know what Kaja is talking about with the plastic wrap and the rice because I saw the same thing last time I was there. I was not impressed. If I really want to eat Chinese food, I will go to China Moon or Asian Garden. Its not the first food on my list, but I do eat it every once in a blue moon. And when I choose to eat it, I DONT WANT IT COLD OR SUPER GREASY.
Kaja wrote:
I am a New Yorker who often travels to New Hampshire for business. Often times I don't have the time to have a 3 course sit down meal so I like to go to Jing Fong (now the New Jing Fong.) Food has always been excellent there and always hot. Everything is always refilled and the prices are inexpensive. Their wine selection is very tasty and service has always been great. Their three boys are very people friendly, polite and very capable of helping out their parents. I have no complaints about them. I would highly recommend this place to local residents as well as passerby's.

As for Kaja, are you really that ignorant? People put cupcake holders in a cupcake pan. People use wax paper on baking pans. People foil baking sheets. And I'm sure your guilty of at least one of these actions. Does this make you "too stupid and lazy" also? You don't know what the plastic film is for so any of your unintelligent comments shouldn't be made public.(Especially if you can't spell "leaching" right. Correctly spelled leeching. I guess you're the real "stupid" one here huh?) Proofreading does wonders when you're trying to make a point sweetheart.

Former Ncountry Resident: Any time that I have seen the three boys they have always been pleasant to me as well as all of the other customers that are there. I have been there both when it's busy and when it's a little slower. They always come to check on me to make sure I don't need anything else. Maybe it's just you that's not appealing? Not sure.

Evelina: As I said above, I've come both when it's busy and when it isn't as busy. Every single time my food has been steaming hot. I think the rater meant to go there at a time when it isn't so busy if you're ordering take out. Makes perfect sense. And it's funny that you should talk about greasy food (which it isn't at Jing Fong), because most people would agree that greasy food isn't a quality that they are looking for when finding something to eat but I bet you wouldn't hesitate downing a Big Mac with large fries and diet soda because the diet soda makes all the difference right?
I love New Yorkers

Hebron, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2012

Fellow New Yorker wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Evelina: As I said above, I've come both when it's busy and when it isn't as busy. Every single time my food has been steaming hot. I think the rater meant to go there at a time when it isn't so busy if you're ordering take out. Makes perfect sense. And it's funny that you should talk about greasy food (which it isn't at Jing Fong), because most people would agree that greasy food isn't a quality that they are looking for when finding something to eat but I bet you wouldn't hesitate downing a Big Mac with large fries and diet soda because the diet soda makes all the difference right?
leach |l&#275; ch |
verb [ trans.]
make (a soluble chemical or mineral) drain away from soil, ash, or similar material by the action of percolating liquid, esp. rainwater : the nutrient is quickly leached away.
[ intrans.](of a soluble chemical or mineral) drain away from soil, ash, etc., in this way : coats of varnish prevent the dye leaching out.
[ trans.] subject (soil, ash, etc.) to this process.
ORIGIN Old English leccan [to water,] of West Germanic origin. The current sense dates from the mid 19th cent.

Thanks for your insight, douchebag.
Fellow New Yorker

Fort Plain, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2012

Judged:

I love New Yorkers wrote:
<quoted text>
leach |l&#275; ch |
verb [ trans.]
make (a soluble chemical or mineral) drain away from soil, ash, or similar material by the action of percolating liquid, esp. rainwater : the nutrient is quickly leached away.
[ intrans.](of a soluble chemical or mineral) drain away from soil, ash, etc., in this way : coats of varnish prevent the dye leaching out.
[ trans.] subject (soil, ash, etc.) to this process.
ORIGIN Old English leccan [to water,] of West Germanic origin. The current sense dates from the mid 19th cent.
Thanks for your insight, douchebag.
Once again. Another unintelligent one. Leaching: read your definition. Soluble chemical or mineral. Rice: neither chemical or mineral. Leeching: To drain the essence of. Hence the plastic "leeching" or "draining" into the rice. Please don't make a fool of yourself again.

And P.S. douchebag? Very intelligent. Excellent use of vocabulary and language. Need a tutor?
citigirl

Brockton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

Judged:

I love Chinese food the New Century always had good food. I have eaten at many of Chinese food resturants. The best Chinese food I have ever had was at MR Lees on route 302. I think it was in Littleton but not sure. I dont know if it is still there but there food was the best I have ever had.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Littleton Discussions

Search the Littleton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
New book questions Ayotte judgment in officer s... (Sep '09) 59 min Red October 92
Maura Murray (May '10) 1 hr Red October 46,619
Surprise Fireball Streaks Across Stunning Night... (Jul '13) 2 hr Hope 5
Author James Renner's Cruel Online 'Ruse' 18 hr Eye Dunnow 18
COlumbos HOuse of SPam Fri Mockingbird Mirror 499
"TO TELL THE TRUTH" The Quest for True Identities Thu Pointless Endeavor 57
NH law keeps murder case liars on the hook forever (Jul '09) Apr 15 SPQR 13
•••
•••
•••
•••

Littleton Jobs

•••