July 4th Events

There are 18 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jul 1, 2010, titled July 4th Events. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Pirone Park: Sat., July 3, parade 1 p.m.; entertainment, concessions, fireworks 1 p.m.-dusk. Bedford -- Patriot Golf Course, 200 Springs Road: Fri., July 2, food, entertainment, fireworks 6-9 p.m. Rain date July 3. www.bedfordma.gov Billerica -- Town common: Sun., July 4, barbecue, music, activities, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Burlington -- Burlington High ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

whatever

Manchester, MA

#1 Jul 2, 2010
What kind of city has their Fourth of July events on MONDAY, July 5th???
curious voter

Quincy, MA

#2 Jul 2, 2010
whatever wrote:
A poor one....
12 the 3

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2010
And what kind of city lights there fireworks at 4 p.m.?
haha

Tewksbury, MA

#4 Jul 2, 2010
curious voter wrote:
<quoted text>
A poor one....
LOL...very true
Nostradamus

Chelmsford, MA

#5 Jul 3, 2010
"The City of Lowell, Massachusetts will celebrate Independence Day on Monday July 5, 2010 with a fireworks display over the Merrimack River at dusk. The fun starts at 4pm, and there will be food, music, and fun activities, and the fireworks begin at 9pm."

In case that's too many words, fireworks at 9pm - not 4pm.

Monday is the day most people have off from work. Yes, it would make more sense to have the celebration on Sunday, the Fourth, but it isn't any cheaper to do it on Monday.
curious voter

Quincy, MA

#6 Jul 3, 2010
Nostradamus wrote:
"The City of Lowell, Massachusetts will celebrate Independence Day on Monday July 5, 2010 with a fireworks display over the Merrimack River at dusk. The fun starts at 4pm, and there will be food, music, and fun activities, and the fireworks begin at 9pm."
Monday is the day most people have off from work. Yes, it would make more sense to have the celebration on Sunday, the Fourth, but it isn't any cheaper to do it on Monday.
Are you sure it's not cheaper? Have you seen the bids for fireworks?
Nostradamus

Chelmsford, MA

#7 Jul 3, 2010
curious voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure it's not cheaper? Have you seen the bids for fireworks?
No. Are you saying that the bids for Sunday are higher than the bids for Monday?
New hampshire

AOL

#8 Jul 3, 2010
why not cancell fireworks and just listen to the nightly gunfire
lhs mom

Quincy, MA

#9 Jul 3, 2010
New hampshire wrote:
why not cancell fireworks and just listen to the nightly gunfire
I thought NH was the gun state, not MA.
Joe

Lowell, MA

#10 Jul 4, 2010
lhs mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought NH was the gun state, not MA.
Almost correct:
In new hampshire criminals and law abiding citizens have firearms
In Mass only the criminals have firearms
The Patriot

Stow, MA

#11 Jul 4, 2010
whatever wrote:
Doesn't make sense to me either, but then again lots of things this city does doesn't make sense.
Bottle Rocket

Billerica, MA

#12 Jul 4, 2010
Just for them firing me off on a Monday, I'm gonna be a dud.
louis

AOL

#13 Jul 4, 2010
what is happening at the big quarry in westford?
US Rep Niki Tsongas

Ocoee, FL

#14 Jul 4, 2010
Lowell -- Sampas Pavillion, Vandenburg Esplanade, Pawtucket Blvd.: Mon., July 5, parade along Pawtucket Blvd., face painting, entertainment & fireworks beginning at 4 p.m.

They left out:
Crasian gang shootout at the 7-Eleven on Westford St.
US Rep Niki Tsongas

Ocoee, FL

#15 Jul 4, 2010
Nostradamus wrote:
Yes, most people have Monday off from work, that is if you are not one of the 80,000 welfare recipients that call Lowell home. For the, they probably do not even know what Monday is unless it is the day their welfare card gets re-upped.
Larry in Lowell

Farmington, NH

#16 Jul 4, 2010
I am very happy we have fireworks every where around Lowells will be the best as usual, and thanks to both democrats and republicans 10% are out of work with no benefits so it really does not matter what day they are on, glad to have them spread out over the weekend, Ill be at the chelmsford parade tomorrow and in lowell tomorrow night , thank you for the free parade and fireworks now if I can find a job Ill have something to celebrate too.
we are too

Chelmsford, MA

#17 Jul 4, 2010
louis wrote:
what is happening at the big quarry in westford?
a little gay anal, as per the usual in westford aka lawrence west.
Lowell Resident

Lowell, MA

#18 Jul 5, 2010
I think they figured that everybody goes somewhere else on the 4th, like the hamptons or boston and find that there are not that many attendees, so they move it to a date that people aren't doing anything.

It was the 5th last year too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lost revenue could spell end for senior citizen... Apr 17 rkt10 1
Dirtbag and Maura Murray (Feb '12) Apr 11 KaliChaos 136
What Kasich keeps hidden from NH Feb '16 Kasich Caution fr... 1
Tom Conrad murder in Pike NH, unsolved 4 years ... (Sep '09) Jan '16 Roland 145
franconia nh installs new chief of police "john... (Aug '12) Jan '16 X-LMONY 18
"TO TELL THE TRUTH" The Quest for True Identities (Apr '14) Dec '15 Mee Too 51
COlumbos HOuse of SPam (Mar '14) Dec '15 Darth Columbus 372
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages