Local jakes make quick work of Ayer b...

Local jakes make quick work of Ayer brush fire

There are 1 comment on the Lowell Sun story from Aug 20, 2010, titled Local jakes make quick work of Ayer brush fire. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Firefighters from Devens, Littleton and Shirley were called into Ayer yesterday afternoon to help extinguish a brush fire on Oak Ridge Drive near Flannagan Pond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

ExAyerResident70 s

Nashua, NH

#1 Aug 20, 2010
Having lived near there years ago and cutting through the area to get to High School, I would say it was" man made". I have even called in suspicious persons using the miles of paths in the that area. Even with the "new" construction connecting to Sandy Pond, there is probably the same amount of hidden human traffic going around there. With the Summer, dry conditions and general unemployment rate of late, we may see more of this kind of event. Fires used to be few and we usually knew who did it through the town grapevine. Best of luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton Dec 1 Littleton Mom 3
News Ayer settles over wrongful '83 slay conviction (Jul '09) Nov 29 Observed 29
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired Nov 11 Lynch for Paedophile 4
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Nov '16 Westford vfw trash 236
News Acton mom charged in infant son's slaying (Aug '10) Nov '16 I know more than ... 15
News Two men charged in Acton drug bust Oct '16 Oxy 1
News As for candidate, I'm voting for Sheila Harrington (Oct '10) Oct '16 News34 4

Littleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages