Billerica town-manager finalist denie...

Billerica town-manager finalist denies allegations, defends record

There are 14 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 27, 2008, titled Billerica town-manager finalist denies allegations, defends record. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Mark Haddad, one of three finalists vying to be Billerica's next town manager, denies sexual-harassment and fiscal-mismanagement allegations made against him in previous jobs, saying his record of 22 years of ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Joe from Billerica

Lowell, MA

#1 Jun 27, 2008
Oh ya...hire him. That's just who we need running Billerica. Who are the brain surgeons on the "selection committee????
Joey

Northborough, MA

#2 Jun 27, 2008
I hope Billerica doesn't take the risk with this guy. He has too many skeletons in his closet for the Town Manager position.
Patrick from Billerica

Lowell, MA

#3 Jun 27, 2008
I can gaurentee this man will not be hired. This article alone solidifies it. Noone is going to take a risk hiring Haddad after having bad press before is even offered a job nevermind starting one. Also, noone on the subcommittee is going to want to deal with scrutiny they will face if they do hire him.
Joey

Northborough, MA

#4 Jun 27, 2008
Patrick from Billerica wrote:
I can gaurentee this man will not be hired. This article alone solidifies it. Noone is going to take a risk hiring Haddad after having bad press before is even offered a job nevermind starting one. Also, noone on the subcommittee is going to want to deal with scrutiny they will face if they do hire him.
I agree. So then the next question would be, Why is he even on the list?
Diogenes of Sinope

Merrimack, NH

#5 Jun 27, 2008
Good question, Joey! How ANYONE could recommend him is amazing. Who are the people on the Screening Committee that recommended him? Smells like a bag job. Are any of the screening people in tigh with the Selectmen? I'd say this guy Haddad has a REAL inside track and has connections to people on the Screening Committee. They won't release info (just like a true politician - claiming "Executive privilege"). Nothing to release other than inside connections.

Patrick also raises an interesting point about "scrutiny". What scrutiny did Haddad get? Did they just believe him when he said he's innocent? Did they do reference checks? Visit Cohasset?

It smells like an inside job, my friend.

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT FOR BILLERICA. TO READ THIS STUFF IN THE LOWELL SUN IS JUST EMBARRASSING. MAYBE WE SHOULD HIRE THE LOWELL SUN REPORTER TO DO THE SCREENING. SUNDS LIKE SHE DID MORE THAN OUR SCREENING COMMITTEE.
MarzilliThePerv

Walpole, MA

#6 Jun 27, 2008
I say give the guy a chance...They're only allegations!
Newport Ned

Weymouth, MA

#7 Jun 28, 2008
He should have stayed in Jamestown, RI where he did an outstanding job. I never could figure out why he left. They stuck their necks out by hiring him and then he left after six months and they had to go through another search for a new town manager.
What makes Mark special is that he's not afraid to take a stand on an issue (unlike most selectmen and town counselors) which usually leaves a percentage of residents and/or town employees who are not happy with his decision. But without someone like Mark, nothing ever gets done!
Sad Observer

Middletown, RI

#8 Jun 28, 2008
How Haddad was destroyed for doing nothing but his job is a travesty. This man has an excellent record as a town manager. One of the two women involved in the so called allegations was a cousin of one of the police he caught. Talk about a setup.
Mark is a great candidate for this position and I hope the selection process allows this to be the criteria by which the decision is made. Bellerica would be well served in hiring Haddad.
News to me

Randolph, MA

#9 Jun 30, 2008
I had never heard that one of the women involved in the "so called" allegations was related to one of the policemen. I know the cops involved and know that to be absolutely untrue. And if the allegations are "so called" why did the town settle?
Leaving Jamestown abruptly after the town stuck it's neck out makes you question his loyalty to people who hire him. He told West Warwick he left previous places because he had "better offers", so a legit question would be: How long will you be here before you start looking for "better offers"?
I was surprise someone from Middletown RI thought he had an "excellent" record as TM, unless you moved from Jamestown - last I knew they were two different towns.
Cohasset Guy 1963

South Weymouth, MA

#10 Jun 30, 2008
You better make sure that you check every word that comes out of Mark Haddad's mouth. It's my humble opinion that he is a sociopath and predator. Lock up your woman if you hire this guy! BTW, the cops that he ATTEMPTED to discipline are ALL serving the Cohasset Police Department well today, with one of them (Quigley) being elevated to 2nd in-charge of the force a few month's ago. Every quarter, when my Cohasset tax bill arrives, I think of Mark Haddad and the hundreds of thousands of dollars we as a town had to pay out to the town employees that he targeted because they disagreed with him. Haddad is trouble. You will find out!
Mustache Rides

Houston, TX

#11 Jun 30, 2008
I have to agree with CG 1963. Lock up the woman and your checkbook. Double check the cities insurance policy too.
open your wallets

Ballston Lake, NY

#12 Jul 1, 2008
Just Google Haddad and the officers names from Cohasset. Sunshine will pour in, beware Billerica.
GGG

Lexington, MA

#13 Jul 1, 2008
The man has made tough decisions in his career.... and paid the price of local politics.
Learn the facts

Randolph, MA

#14 Jul 1, 2008
All I can say is:
1. http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2004...

2. http://www.cohassetpolice.com/news/40/...

Still think the cops weren't being hounded by Mark?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton (Oct '16) Apr '17 Gary Bagwell 6
mr. right where are you ? Apr '17 Julia 1
News Guitarist J. Geils found dead in his Massachuse... Apr '17 Sattva Virginius 1
News Clark gets (Dec '10) Mar '17 Recall Clark and... 42
News Ayer settles over wrongful '83 slay conviction (Jul '09) Feb '17 Edward Niles 32
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Jan '17 Sam 4
News Ayer farmer pays $29G in taxes to keep his prop... (Jul '10) Dec '16 Jason 11

Littleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages