Keeping the Scout spirit alive

Keeping the Scout spirit alive

There are 3 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Aug 31, 2010, titled Keeping the Scout spirit alive. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

One hundred years of Boy Scout history are preserved inside Earl and Ellen Banks' garage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Civil Rights

Auburn, MA

#1 Aug 31, 2010
Free to everyone to see the museum, unlike the BSA itself, which discriminates against atheists, homosexuals, etc.
Sorry

Billerica, MA

#2 Aug 31, 2010
Civil Rights wrote:
Free to everyone to see the museum, unlike the BSA itself, which discriminates against atheists, homosexuals, etc.
I was a Boy Scout and my son was a Boy Scout. It is the most American organiztion in the country.

I believe scouting should be open to all boys no matter of their religious or sexual issues. I also don't think boys that age actually have major issues with either sex or religion. They are too young.

I do have MAJOR PROBLEMS with gay Scout Leaders. I'm sorry but having gay men with young boys in the woods in tents is way too risky. I know few gays are a danger to boys BUT my child is not worth the risk.

While I WOULD NEVER place myself in a position of being with teenage girl scouts in the woods because it just LOOKS improper. I would expect a gay man to care enough to respect parents wishes.

This PC crap will be the end of our Country.

If you gays don't understand a parents concerns SCREW YOU!!
DracutDad

New York, NY

#3 Aug 31, 2010
Sorry wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a Boy Scout and my son was a Boy Scout. It is the most American organiztion in the country.
I believe scouting should be open to all boys no matter of their religious or sexual issues. I also don't think boys that age actually have major issues with either sex or religion. They are too young.
I do have MAJOR PROBLEMS with gay Scout Leaders. I'm sorry but having gay men with young boys in the woods in tents is way too risky. I know few gays are a danger to boys BUT my child is not worth the risk.
While I WOULD NEVER place myself in a position of being with teenage girl scouts in the woods because it just LOOKS improper. I would expect a gay man to care enough to respect parents wishes.
This PC crap will be the end of our Country.
If you gays don't understand a parents concerns SCREW YOU!!
Well put.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Sep 17 Jimmy 3
News Ayer settles over wrongful '83 slay conviction (Jul '09) Sep 11 Fartface 28
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Aug '16 Cher 235
News He 'never told me how this happened' (May '08) Aug '16 THE BOY IN BLUE 37
Westford water ban and why isn't the town obser... Jul '16 runscottygrun 1
News Is The Driving Age In MA Too Young? (Apr '06) May '16 EverettCitizen 327
News Billerica weighs smaller lot sizes to attract h... May '16 hammerhead 1

Littleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages