Westford officials want Route 110 roa...

Westford officials want Route 110 roadwork put in fast lane

There are 9 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Aug 29, 2010, titled Westford officials want Route 110 roadwork put in fast lane. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Laurie Fleischer calls it a "grown-up version of bumper cars." "Sometimes I feel as though I'm behind the wheel of a video game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Rocky Roads

Groton, MA

#1 Aug 29, 2010
The completion should have been done yesterday! While the end result will be a huge improvement, this half-mile stretch of a project has gone on for too long. The business that I work for has been negatively impacted. Patrons don't want to come in because it is so difficult to make a left turn to head west on Rt. 110, especially during commuter time. Navigating through the maze of orange barrels, flagmen, machinery while avoiding pairs of telephone poles is a nightmare. Hope the authorities can get it done by the winter.
fruit of the loom

Westford, MA

#2 Aug 29, 2010
lets just cut the doudle poles down then it will get fixed and quick it will hit them in the pocket.now thats a problem.thay think thay can just come in and take land.the lines should have been put under ground on that project.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3 Aug 29, 2010
UNION work....
They still have a little more money to squeeze out.
Then it'll be finished. And 2 years from now it will look like crap.
fruit of the loom

Westford, MA

#4 Aug 29, 2010
Truth-Speaker wrote:
UNION work....
They still have a little more money to squeeze out.
Then it'll be finished. And 2 years from now it will look like crap.
Free money from snowbama wallstreet bailout gm bailout more jobs in chine and plenty money to go around the rest of the world.
fruit of the loom

Westford, MA

#5 Aug 29, 2010
;ook at the roads in NH nice bridges and highways then drive up or down 495 nice work guys . or drive in boston big dig or just a mess
Car 54

Westford, MA

#6 Aug 29, 2010
The stretch from Littleton to Chelmsford should be 2 lanes wide at the least.
This stupidity of two lanes ,down to one,then back to 2 is a moronic way of
doing the upgrades.
Ya,what a pleasurable difference driving in N.H.
This town needs more "doer's" and less experts
FedUp

Westford, MA

#7 Aug 29, 2010
We hire all of these so called "experts" ranging from $350-500K and what exactly have these "experts" given us or contributed toward the Rte 110 hell hole? That is a question for the butt cracks running this town or are they all on vacation, LOA, out sick, taking a personal day, cant take a call at the moment (and never call back), etc...Pfft!
whadjaexpect

Littleton, MA

#8 Aug 29, 2010
Fleischer should take route 27 - idiot.
Route 110 will be slower with all the new traffic lights not faster, think route 38 in Wilmington.
Easements can not be holding the whole thing up. Palmer might be a bit of a jerk, but he does not get the blame for this one.
sidelines

Shelburne, VT

#9 Aug 29, 2010
snafu !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Westford neighbors demand action on rowdy Nasho... (Jul '10) Aug 18 Cher 235
News He 'never told me how this happened' (May '08) Aug 9 THE BOY IN BLUE 37
Westford water ban and why isn't the town obser... Jul '16 runscottygrun 1
News Is The Driving Age In MA Too Young? (Apr '06) May '16 EverettCitizen 327
News Billerica weighs smaller lot sizes to attract h... May '16 hammerhead 1
News Cragin's life has spanned many genres (Jan '08) Apr '16 Jeffrey Irvine 610 2
News The river runs through her Documentary to trace... (Jan '08) Apr '16 Irvine 403 2

Littleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages