Rear-end collision sends car careening across median

Full story: Lowell Sun 92
Two men from central Massachusetts are dead after the sport utility vehicle they were riding in early yesterday morning was rear-ended on Interstate 495, propelling it out of control across the median and into the path of a tractor-trailer. The horrific crash snarled the early-morning commute on both sides of the highway, as traffic was narrowed to ... Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Margaret

Tyngsboro, MA

#84 Jan 17, 2011
You said it!! Been ther done that and the road is deadly. Here is an example:

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/germany-autoba...
Big Dan

Tyngsboro, MA

#85 Jan 17, 2011
Was in Germany during my time in the Army. That road is terrible now and not like it was (or supposedly was) 20+++ years ago. I saw several bad ones there.

In any event Massachusetts drivers are terrible and there are way too many accidents.
Barney F

Tyngsboro, MA

#86 Jan 18, 2011
There is nothing sadder than a young life taken in it's prime. Older driver have decades of bad habits and just don't get it. Hopefully young people take note of all these senseless accidents and slow down.
McGruff the Crime Dog

Kladno, Czech Republic

#87 Jan 18, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmm, that story shows people driving too fast for conditions.
Happens all the time.
Like, say Pawtucket Blvd. in construction zones or hairy curves.

Still doesn't refute the fact that the Autobahn is the safest stretch of roadway on the planet Earth.

FACT!

Speed does not kill, Driver error kills.
Margaret wrote:
You said it!! Been ther done that and the road is deadly. Here is an example:
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/germany-autoba...
Helen

Dracut, MA

#88 Jan 18, 2011
Amen! You hit the nail on the head with this one! They should make a billboard and put them everywhere! Drunk drivers should not get six chances to finally kill our family/friends! I think the driver should think about how they would feel if this happened to someone they loved... before putting their foot on the gas pedal!
concerned driver wrote:
My prayers are with the families of the victims. Drivers need to WAKE UP to the responsibilities we assume every time we turn the key in the ignition. We need to keep our eyes & mind on the road at all times & show some COURTESY! Don't tailgate; pass if it's safe. Follow the car in front of you at a safe distance. Pull over if someone is tailing you. Don't cut people off. Obey the speed limits- they're posted for a reason. A car can be a useful tool or a deadly weapon. It all depends on us.
Knute Rockne

Acton, MA

#89 Jan 18, 2011
I was driving down 495 South somewhere around Westford last Thursday evening when in my rear view window I saw what looked like a Jeep Cherokee making an exit from the left most lane. Except there wasn't an exit right there and the vehicle flipped over and went flying into the woods. Was there a news report on that? Hope whoever it was is okay, but I couldn't figure out how that could have happened.
Gomer

Tyngsboro, MA

#90 Jan 18, 2011
Knute Rockne wrote:
I was driving down 495 South somewhere around Westford last Thursday evening when in my rear view window I saw what looked like a Jeep Cherokee making an exit from the left most lane. Except there wasn't an exit right there and the vehicle flipped over and went flying into the woods. Was there a news report on that? Hope whoever it was is okay, but I couldn't figure out how that could have happened.
They were driving too fast for the road conditions.

A police officer told me the story that he responded to a single car accident during a snow storm. The driver stated she had "slipped in the snow". The officer asked how how fast she had been going and she said she wasn't sure. The cop then pointed to all the cars riding by and asked "one hundred cars have driven by us...why haven't THEY crashed?". He told me he did this to let her know she was going too fast. In a snow storm a cop can give you a speeding ticket for going 50mph in a 65 zone IF 50 is too fast for the road conditions.
Kathy

Tyngsboro, MA

#91 Jan 18, 2011
People have to slow down.
Knute Rockne

Acton, MA

#92 Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for the update Gomer. The traffic was fairly heavy when it happened and speed was about 50. I was guessing that whoever it was hit a snowbank on the left, while not paying attention, and totally lost it. She went almost diagonally across all 3 lanes of traffic!
Remorseful

Leominster, MA

#93 Dec 16, 2012
He was found guilty he likely fell asleep at the wheel. To all the people that prayed for the family Thank you for all the witnesses that came forward thank you to the first responders and EMTS and firefighters thank you for doing all you could do. There wasw never a winner to this trial no one won every single one suffered a loss. I hope Mr. Cousineau shows more empathy for his faults than he gave to the family . It is over your friend lied.
Remorseful

Leominster, MA

#94 Dec 16, 2012
lowellma wrote:
im willing to bet you werent even there and how do you have time to look in another car on the highway and see whats going on inside it bull. i bet you werent even on the highway that day everyone wants there 5 mins of fame get a life john was not at fault try it was the old guy that should even have a right to drive. i hope that you get in an accident and you get blame and everyone sits here and judges you everyone needs to leave john alone or see me face to face<quoted text>
Hey you where wrong all wrong defending your buddys actions u werent around to see shame on you and shame on him you are bothe murderers and u can see me anytime! Loser
lowellma

Ashburn, VA

#95 Dec 18, 2012
Remorseful wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you where wrong all wrong defending your buddys actions u werent around to see shame on you and shame on him you are bothe murderers and u can see me anytime! Loser
Who are you be happy to see you. I'm a murderer but i wasn't even there. get a clue that doesn't even make any sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
State's highest court to mull murder conviction... Sep 4 ANGLETURNER 1
Political Correct Hollywood is Leading the War ... Sep 1 Culture Auditor 1
Kariel swanfeldt Aug 31 Nonono 9
Arrest Log: 12/15/2010 (Dec '10) Aug 20 Will 17
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Aug '14 ANGLETURNER 107
•••

Littleton News Video

•••
Littleton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Littleton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••