Rape trial begins for gymnastics coach

Rape trial begins for gymnastics coach

There are 20 comments on the Lowell Sun story from May 13, 2010, titled Rape trial begins for gymnastics coach. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Steve Infante was a popular and charismatic gymnastics coach who prosecutors say had more on his mind than to groom young female athletes to perform on the balance beam.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

jen

Charlotte, NC

#1 May 13, 2010
this looks cut and dry
Claire

Millbury, MA

#2 May 13, 2010
jen wrote:
this looks cut and dry
You would think but this is Massachusetts. He'll probably get a slap on the wrist.

The sleepover scenario is strange. What parent would be okay with their adolescent daughter sleeping over a middle aged guys house with no other adult females present??
unreal

Framingham, MA

#3 May 13, 2010
Claire wrote:
<quoted text>
You would think but this is Massachusetts. He'll probably get a slap on the wrist.
yea... last year a guy who raped an 8 year old boy got 2.5 years....that was cut and dry too.
franyfrank

Lowell, MA

#4 May 13, 2010
It is strange, but these creeps got there parents to trust them with there daughters. Looking at it now, i'm sure there parents are distraught. Who would want there daughter to go through something like this?
Claire

Millbury, MA

#5 May 13, 2010
franyfrank wrote:
It is strange, but these creeps got there parents to trust them with there daughters. Looking at it now, i'm sure there parents are distraught. Who would want there daughter to go through something like this?
Yes, I'm sure they are distraught. No one wants their child to go through something like this.

But to me a middle aged guy that wants to do sleepovers with young girls raises a red flag. Go out for ice cream or something why a sleepover? Most normal guys would be too afraid of false accusations being made and know better than to plan a sleepover without inviting a female parent chaperone.
mimi

Cranston, RI

#6 May 13, 2010
sorry in this day and age i would not let my child go anywhere with anyone!!
Really now

Wallingford, CT

#7 May 13, 2010
Claire wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm sure they are distraught. No one wants their child to go through something like this.
But to me a middle aged guy that wants to do sleepovers with young girls raises a red flag. Go out for ice cream or something why a sleepover? Most normal guys would be too afraid of false accusations being made and know better than to plan a sleepover without inviting a female parent chaperone.
Right. I woudln't even allow the going out for ice cream BS. If the couch wants to hang out well then the parents should have had a team/parent/couch dinner party of some sorts. Plenty of adults around...they couch could have had actual adult conversation. The guys is a skum-bag.
Really now

Wallingford, CT

#8 May 13, 2010
I meant coach....
Grammar police..no need to comment.
Concerned Citizen

United States

#9 May 13, 2010
I sure hope that he does some serious time. Think of all the other gymnists that might have gone thgough the same thing over the years. What a SICKOOO!
good wake up call

Concord, MA

#10 May 13, 2010
there are still parents who would not give second thoughts. Some parents trust way too easily as they figure if other parents are allowing it kind of mentality.
This stems back from the '80's so I am not sure how aware or if there were concerns or looking for red flags back then?
I remember having a bus driver always promising us icecream if we scratched his back. That's all I remember...not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing however I would flip out if I heard my child tell me this.
These child predators for the most part are methodical and will groom their victims and have plenty of patience. These sickos need to be locked up in never gonna get out land.
Tewksbury Pride

Hudsonville, MI

#11 May 13, 2010
Claire wrote:
<quoted text>
The sleepover scenario is strange. What parent would be okay with their adolescent daughter sleeping over a middle aged guys house with no other adult females present??
The girls parents have to be the stupidest parents in the history of Massachusetts! I hope that girl disowns her stupid parents. WOW I thought I have seen it all with bad parenting!
Tewksbury Pride

Hudsonville, MI

#12 May 13, 2010
Really now wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. I woudln't even allow the going out for ice cream BS. If the couch wants to hang out well then the parents should have had a team/parent/couch dinner party of some sorts. Plenty of adults around...they couch could have had actual adult conversation. The guys is a skum-bag.
You put this well!
Concerned Citizen

United States

#13 May 14, 2010
Tewksbury Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
The girls parents have to be the stupidest parents in the history of Massachusetts! I hope that girl disowns her stupid parents. WOW I thought I have seen it all with bad parenting!

Before you start throwing out your comments about the parents, this could have happened to anyone. Apparently you must keep a ball and chain on your kids. When you don't know the whole story you should keep your comments to yourself!!!
Get it Right

Norwalk, CT

#14 May 14, 2010
O'Reilly could not have said he sexually assaulted her at 14 and raped her because those are NOT the allegations. She also stated the relationship went on until her senior year in college....
At least report what is said! This whole article is incorrect.(her home town paper)
MotherWhoKnows

Sandy Hook, CT

#15 May 18, 2010
Get it Right wrote:
O'Reilly could not have said he sexually assaulted her at 14 and raped her because those are NOT the allegations. She also stated the relationship went on until her senior year in college....
At least report what is said! This whole article is incorrect.(her home town paper)
You don't have a clue.
missy

Wayne, NJ

#16 May 22, 2010
please people..wait until u get all the facts...ther has beenalot of false statements made...
missy

Wayne, NJ

#17 May 22, 2010
the"girls " have been caught in lies!!!
MotherWhoKnows

Sandy Hook, CT

#18 May 31, 2010
8 to 10 years....says it all..
RubikCube

Boston, MA

#20 Jun 9, 2010
missy wrote:
please people..wait until u get all the facts...ther has beenalot of false statements made...
False statements from the man who is behind bars.
Regina Coats

Cranston, RI

#21 Jul 29, 2010
15 will getcha 20

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ayer man remains held without bail in domestic-... Sep 19 Darn Tootin 5
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton (Oct '16) Sep 15 Brain Tumor 9
News Rape charges dropped in Westford beach case (Sep '09) Sep 6 You have 42
News Solar power microgrid goes online in Cuttyhunk ... Aug 30 Solarman 1
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired (Nov '16) Aug '17 Len 66
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Aug '17 Nick 5
News Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Jul '17 QBob 125

Littleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages