Two men charged in hit-and-run at Aye...

Two men charged in hit-and-run at Ayer bar

There are 178 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Mar 10, 2009, titled Two men charged in hit-and-run at Ayer bar. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The four out-of-towners seemed to be just looking for trouble Friday night, witnesses said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Bob

Merrimack, NH

#1 Mar 10, 2009
When they plea bargain this down to simple assault because Massachusetts wants to fund the courts at the lowest possible level remember you brought it upon yourself
no plea

Dracut, MA

#2 Mar 10, 2009
there will be no plea bargain. the charges are too serious.

" Massachusetts" would like to fund the courts and pay the overworked ADA's more than $14 K to start with a law degree, but the right wing government haters are always complaining about their taxes.they want champaign on a beer budget.
Whaaaaaat

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Mar 10, 2009
Nothing good comes out of billerica.
UnFair Fight

Tewksbury, MA

#4 Mar 10, 2009
Hey I would of done the same 20 against 4 come on plus one of the 4 was injured! It could of been alot worse if they didn't get into the car and get the hell out of there. Come on you locals, totally unfair. A fight is a fight, this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened! Seems like the car of out of towners were trying to get the hell out of there.What would you have done! Think about it! I am sure he didnt' mean to run over the girls foot, see she didn't get out of the way like everyone else!
Whaaaaaat

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Mar 10, 2009
UnFair Fight wrote:
Hey I would of done the same 20 against 4 come on plus one of the 4 was injured! It could of been alot worse if they didn't get into the car and get the hell out of there. Come on you locals, totally unfair. A fight is a fight, this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened! Seems like the car of out of towners were trying to get the hell out of there.What would you have done! Think about it! I am sure he didnt' mean to run over the girls foot, see she didn't get out of the way like everyone else!
Didn't they say that the punks had been eyeing people all night, looking for trouble?

I'm an out-of-towner and I've been to Carlin's several times...never had any problems.

Sounds to me like they ran their mouths and got what was coming to them.
what unfair

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2009
UnFair Fight wrote:
He didn't hit just one person he hit 3 of them. Maybe you should reread the article "he revved his engine and sped towards the crowd" And where does it say 20 people against 4? Yeah and only one person got hurt? He's lucky he didn't kill her
Townie

Hudson, MA

#7 Mar 10, 2009
Carlins used to be the place to go. I don't go there anymore because some local felons (yes convicted) hang out there. Now this! I guess a bar owner has the right to decide which clientel they want to cater to.
UnFair Fight

Tewksbury, MA

#8 Mar 10, 2009
Whaaaaaat wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't they say that the punks had been eyeing people all night, looking for trouble?
I'm an out-of-towner and I've been to Carlin's several times...never had any problems.
Sounds to me like they ran their mouths and got what was coming to them.
First sentence, that is hear~say, were you there , didn't think so neither was I so READ on Totally unfair fight, I am not taking sides but if you read the enitire story,underage drinking was also going on, I bet most of the locals were underage also it was 20 against 4, unfiar fight I would of tried to run also.
question

United States

#9 Mar 10, 2009
Why would these guys come all the way from Billerica just to go to Carlins? Was the fourth guy who hasn't been found a local? I am also wondering if he used a fake i.d? If he was charged with use of motor vehicle with out authority was he using the guys i.d too? Was he even served?
Frank

Lowell, MA

#10 Mar 10, 2009
If they thought there was going to be trouble, why wait until closing time to leave? Seems like some punks got busted. Not only that he was hiding from the cops.
The bar will get in trouble too for serving underage drinkers.
Interesting

Boston, MA

#11 Mar 10, 2009
What as this 20 yr old even doing in a bar? I remember the first time I went there and I was carded. This place is still run by the same person as it was when I first went there. I'm curious how this one slipped through, it will now be on the town to bring them before the board regarding the underage patron regardless of whether or not he was served.
losers

Newton Center, MA

#12 Mar 10, 2009
UnFair Fight wrote:
<quoted text>
First sentence, that is hear~say, were you there , didn't think so neither was I so READ on Totally unfair fight, I am not taking sides but if you read the enitire story,underage drinking was also going on, I bet most of the locals were underage also it was 20 against 4, unfiar fight I would of tried to run also.
These guys are loser punks and all they wanted to do is cause trouble. The funny thing is, one on one they would back down because they are wanna-be tough guys!!!
losers

Newton Center, MA

#13 Mar 10, 2009
UnFair Fight wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be one of there wanna-be tough guy friends!!!
Jane Doe

Lowell, MA

#14 Mar 10, 2009
If you've been out in Ayer, you know that the people there just want to have a good time. Leave it to 4 punks to ruin it. I still don't understand why a 20 year old was there. Last time I was there there was a cop on detail.
weak justice

United States

#15 Mar 10, 2009
"My position is, three kids in a bar, they got jumped by a bunch of locals and tried to get out of there fearing for their lives," said Oblenis' court-appointed attorney, Christopher Reardon of Billerica.

ENOUGH of this HORSE SHIT

If they were in such fear, in such a hurray to get out of this "situation" why didnt they drive AWAY from the crowd instead of AT it?

I say that they were INTENT on causing harm.
Rick Schu

Millis, MA

#16 Mar 10, 2009
The point of the story: don't go to Carlins. EVER.
my quarters got stolen

Austin, TX

#17 Mar 10, 2009
Carlins 4 EVA!
Carlins is for Lovers

United States

#18 Mar 10, 2009
Carlins is a great place. But with the Brewlocker being closed now, most surrounding towns only have vfw's or Legions and with the other surrounding bars closing earlier, you tend to get a mix of people in there that sometimes don't mix. This incident though is by far the worst I have ever heard go on down there. It's ashame. These kids seem like punks who probably usually drink around Lowell were this stuff normally happens. Instead they showed up in a small town with there big boy attitudes. This driver is lucky he didn't kill somebody. Everyone gets carded in there. Did he slip in and never actually go up to the bar? I don't think this was his first night in a bar either, at least not from his actions.
Judgement Maker

Clinton, MA

#19 Mar 10, 2009
Typically Billerica kids. They should stay in there own town and go to the bars. Fcking Douche Bags...
Judgement Maker

Clinton, MA

#20 Mar 10, 2009
If you have been to Ayer you know there were not trying to get out of there by getting stuck on the train tracks. The train tracks are the opposite way of the main road. They would have to be driving at the people in the parking lot and going the wrong way to get stuck on the tracks. I am shocked the driver hasn't been charged with DUI yet...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serving life for Ayer murder, ex-Green Beret su... (Jan '09) Jul 6 QBob 125
News Convict sues Ayer police (Jun '08) Jul 4 Disappointed 50
News Ayer man remains held without bail in domestic-... Jul 3 Fake News 1
Supervisors at Archive Systems In Littleton (Oct '16) Jun 29 Fast Typer 8
News Rape charges dropped in Westford beach case (Sep '09) Jun 28 Normal Guy 41
Harvard is a joke (Dec '10) Jun '17 American 3
News Church bids farewell to the Rev. Denham (Aug '10) May '17 MLPaige 2

Littleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Littleton Mortgages