Kingsdale Fire Co. officers sued

Full story: Evening Sun 70
Allegations of financial mismanagement -- including missing money from fire company fundraisers, failure to properly audit records and use of public funds for a personal car payment -- are among the lengthy list of complaints against four Kingsdale Volunteer Fire Co. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
jerk

Stewartstown, PA

#1 Mar 17, 2011
A whole bunch of people don't have enough to do.
Tom

Fayetteville, PA

#2 Mar 17, 2011
Arsonists, molesters, and now there is money missing. Fine bunch down there.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3 Mar 17, 2011
From Shagin:

"And it's ironic the plaintiffs should complain about Kingsdale's money problems, he said, because the three have not paid their most recent membership dues."

Ummm...maybe they haven't paid the dues because they filed a lawsuit? Think that might be it? I don't think I'd be paying dues to a place that I'm bringin a lawsuit against. And it's even funnier that Shagin thinks the membership dues would have any impact on the money problems LOL

Sounds like they're doing a great job of nothing down there.
Close it down

Lititz, PA

#4 Mar 17, 2011
Expand Littlestown's and or Taneytown's fire departments to accomodate this area and you would not need this antiquated Fire Dept. It would be more cost effective.....
Joe from Gburg

Richmond, VA

#5 Mar 17, 2011
Close it down wrote:
Expand Littlestown's and or Taneytown's fire departments to accomodate this area and you would not need this antiquated Fire Dept. It would be more cost effective.....
Already done - Kingsdale hasn't had a service area for several years. They're already 'closed down'- unless of course you count the mud bogs and bingo.
Jack the Ripper

Gettysburg, PA

#6 Mar 17, 2011
Topper, Topper, He drives a junkyard car that looks like a Copper.The old station is falling into blight, hey look I bought me a new whacker light. Every local station gave me the boot, I guess I'll just file a lawsuit.
Jack Kovis

Woodford, VA

#7 Mar 17, 2011
warm up the Adams county prison bus and save the taxpayers money and make all 3 stops @ once, Kingsdale, Midway and Aspers. WHEN WILL IT EVER END ?????????? What a bunch of scumbags. What's worse, I can't believe people are so naive as to give anyone there any kind of donation and then they STEAL IT and act as if it was for them. The word VOLUNTEER is highly abused nowadays.
Golden Eagle

East Berlin, PA

#8 Mar 17, 2011
LogicPrevails wrote:
From Shagin:
"And it's ironic the plaintiffs should complain about Kingsdale's money problems, he said, because the three have not paid their most recent membership dues."
Ummm...maybe they haven't paid the dues because they filed a lawsuit? Think that might be it? I don't think I'd be paying dues to a place that I'm bringin a lawsuit against. And it's even funnier that Shagin thinks the membership dues would have any impact on the money problems LOL
Sounds like they're doing a great job of nothing down there.
I completely agree. What a dumb thing for their lawyer to say. If I am a member of an organization and I think there may be financial malfeasance going, should anyone expect me to pay my dues to that very organization? If the township supervisors are asking for documentation and it is the only thing holding the department back, give them the documentation and get back on track. I think the silence from the DA's office may say a lot as well. They they won't confirm or deny any investigation to me is a pretty good indication of a long term probe.

I am not a fire fighter or member of that department in any way shape or for. I live in East Berlin where our town has it's own set of problems but there is something fishy down there. A department that has a building, and fire trucks and dedicated members that want their territory back should hold their officers accountable. If they can't get answers when they ask questions then the courts will ask the questions and they will get the answers. For those that want to say these people are suing just to sue. You can't be serious. I have been involved with law suits before and no one wants to go through that unless they have to. I don't care who you are courts are never fun and are rarely the first choice.
who cares

Rosemont, NJ

#9 Mar 17, 2011
ok jack the only thing you know is what you read in the paper. what you don't know is audits have been done and have found no missing monies from any events. The only scumbag is you for falsly accusing the innocent. There are true volunteers down here in which why some have chosen to stick by the department through the hard times and not just turn and walk away. The only thing this paper is good for is starting drama that doesn't need to be started. Find something better to write about. If your a member of any department there is mishaps that happen everywhere. But for some reason people always target one department. What about another local department where the secretary wrote bad checks and stole documents from the department.... Did the newspaper report that no... get the picture it's everywhere not just Kingsdale.
Former Chief

Sylvania, GA

#10 Mar 17, 2011
As a former Chief It's about time something is done to find out just what happened in Kingsdale and take action. We didn't have these problems many years ago. I also blame the citizens of Kingsdale and the community for not keeping a eye on what is going on in their backyard. Now just ma by the old timers con find some results from their many years of hard work. It's only a few of us left. Happy Days Wayne
Kill Bearney

Gettysburg, PA

#11 Mar 17, 2011
the simple solution is a merger. It will save the taxpayers a bunch of money. MidKaspersdale Fire Comapny would be the merger of Midway, Kingsdale and Apsers. Just think of the savings in the Court from only needing to file charges against one entity instead of the lawsuits against each one.
Jack Kovis

United States

#12 Mar 17, 2011
who cares wrote:
ok jack the only thing you know is what you read in the paper. what you don't know is audits have been done and have found no missing monies from any events. The only scumbag is you for falsly accusing the innocent. There are true volunteers down here in which why some have chosen to stick by the department through the hard times and not just turn and walk away. The only thing this paper is good for is starting drama that doesn't need to be started. Find something better to write about. If your a member of any department there is mishaps that happen everywhere. But for some reason people always target one department. What about another local department where the secretary wrote bad checks and stole documents from the department.... Did the newspaper report that no... get the picture it's everywhere not just Kingsdale.
they are no innocent, that's why there is a problem and your're still in denial and I didn't finger just Kingsdale, what's really sad is it's 3 depts in what, a 15 mile radius that have for years consistently abused their privileges in one way or another and they all involve public trust and they have lost it for good reasons. I say get rid of 'em all, but, if the county says they need them, fine, bring in RESPONSIBLE outsiders and get things fixed, now. How many pieces of equipment are parked and have been parked for years because of malfeasance when they could have been in service serving the communities they've sworn to protect ? The people involved were more interested in lining their pockets than doing their jobs. The other departments have adapted to any shortcomings brought on by all this corruption, so I don't see any need to open them again, but that's someone else's decision.
BORN IN LITTLESTOWN

Hanover, PA

#13 Mar 17, 2011
Well, what do you expect when you have red necks running organizations like this? The people with brains don't want the grief, so the red necks rise to the top and get the jobs. Amazing. Littlestown and surrounding areas are awash with inept people who think they can run the boroughs, townships, fire companies, etc. Even the school boards are filled with them. Why do you think the taxes are so high? They don't have the grey matter to turn down the teacher's high salary demands. The result of all that is that the people living in this lovely area go unprotected and overcharged.
Bryan J Felix

Carlisle, PA

#14 Mar 17, 2011
Not to mention, one of those firetrucks was bought on a federal grant. That means, for all of us living anywhere, we paid for it. Im not commenting on their problems, or lack-there-of, merely stating a fact.
Reader

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Mar 17, 2011
Why would any person go to any event put on by a fire department that is NOT a fire department. The doors have been shut - all the equipment just sits. Too bad a fire department that is DOING the job of protecting us isn't given this equipment.
commentator

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Mar 17, 2011
Born in Littlestown why don't you step up and get in office? How much of your time do you volunteer? A perosn with all your knowledge and experience could straighten out all the problems.
Tom

Fayetteville, PA

#17 Mar 17, 2011
Kill Bearney wrote:
the simple solution is a merger. It will save the taxpayers a bunch of money. MidKaspersdale Fire Comapny would be the merger of Midway, Kingsdale and Apsers. Just think of the savings in the Court from only needing to file charges against one entity instead of the lawsuits against each one.
Thats a good idea. They can set up headquarters at the county prison. That way there will be plenty of personel there to respond if a call comes in. It would also save members gas money as they wouldn't have to commute very far to get to the station.
I took a Shatz on Topper

Gettysburg, PA

#18 Mar 17, 2011
Where is My Good Bud Weiser? I thought he would want in on this claim to fame. He might get his old position back as Deputy Chief. That guy was great, I hope he figured out how to test hose without a hydrant.
cv westcott

Gettysburg, PA

#19 Mar 17, 2011
commentator wrote:
Born in Littlestown why don't you step up and get in office? How much of your time do you volunteer? A perosn with all your knowledge and experience could straighten out all the problems.
Thank you!
A Voice of Reason

Gettysburg, PA

#20 Mar 17, 2011
commentator wrote:
Born in Littlestown is expressing an opinion - they didn't say they wanted the job. He/she doesn't need to "step up and get in office" or "volunteer" their time to be able to exercise the freedom to state a [mere] opinion.

Since you identify yourself as "Commentator" and not as a "volunteer" or "council member" can it be assumed that you probably just keep your mouth shut and take it in stride (since you don't volunteer your time and you have not stepped up and run for office)? That's what the good old boys like! Whooped puppies!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Littlestown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snyder's of Hanover (Aug '09) 7 hr sam 5,493
Police seize more than $250,000 in methamphetam... Oct 17 Leroy Smedlap 9
Snyder's Lance Oct 17 Long Time Lance Man 5
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... (Apr '14) Oct 14 Summa 30
Question Oct 5 Helpneeded 1
Man arrested in April Franklin House Tavern sta... (Jan '11) Oct 3 anonymous 52
Straban Township man charged for Walmart thefts Sep '14 Petal Power 1
Littlestown Dating
Find my Match

Littlestown Jobs