The best Doctor for Lap Band surgery

The best Doctor for Lap Band surgery

Posted in the Little Rock Forum

Hey

Livingston, TX

#1 Jan 7, 2009
Has anyone had the lap band done? If so please tell me who is the best in little rock.
Cheese

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jan 9, 2009
I had mine done in Shreveport LA (im in El Dorado), so cant help with a LR doctor. I wanted to encourage you and let you know it's been a life changing point in my life and I would recommend it 100%.
hey

Livingston, TX

#3 Jan 9, 2009
Cheese wrote:
I had mine done in Shreveport LA (im in El Dorado), so cant help with a LR doctor. I wanted to encourage you and let you know it's been a life changing point in my life and I would recommend it 100%.
Thank you so much for your response. I really want to get done because I have always had a problem with my weight.
4sure

Little Rock, AR

#4 Jan 10, 2009
visiting my dr. on mon 12th and I will inquire as i am interested also
wonder

United States

#5 Jan 11, 2009
Dr. Rex Luttrell is awesome. He did my surgery and he is very caring and has a really good bedside manner and the follow up care is great with the fills.
Cheese

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Jan 12, 2009
Dr Luttrell would have been my choice for Little Rock. My wife has a co-worker that recomended the doctor that I picked in Shreveport.

My results are better than most, down from 323 to 242. Surgery was August 11th 2008. I still havent had a fill to tighten the band beyond the 3cc that was done at surgery.
hey

Jacksonville, AR

#7 Jan 12, 2009
wonder wrote:
Dr. Rex Luttrell is awesome. He did my surgery and he is very caring and has a really good bedside manner and the follow up care is great with the fills.
I called is office and everyone seems so nice there. I am trying to save money because I don't have insurance. I hope that I will get to go to him.
wonder

United States

#8 Jan 15, 2009
Hey, go to Lapbandtalk.com and read all the information on the forums. There is so much information there.
hey

Rockwall, TX

#9 Jan 15, 2009
wonder wrote:
Hey, go to Lapbandtalk.com and read all the information on the forums. There is so much information there.
thank you!

Since: Jan 09

Computertown Arknsas

#10 Jan 18, 2009
anyone know of any doctors that take medicare on the lapband
Dave M

Mastic, NY

#11 Jun 8, 2009
I found a few surgeons on http://LapBandTalk.com that accept medicare
girl

Butler, KY

#12 Jul 6, 2009
i have really struggled with my weight my entire life and have a bad family history of obesity...i'm 20yrs old and i have a bmi of 31 do you think i would be a good candidate for the lap band?
big davw

Vilonia, AR

#13 Jan 20, 2013
hey wrote:
<quoted text>I called is office and everyone seems so nice there. I am trying to save money because I don't have insurance. I hope that I will get to go to him.
I HAVE MEDICARE AND ONE DOCTOR SAYS HE ONLY ACCEPTS NEW MEDICARE PATIENTS ONE OR TWO EVERY SIX MONTHS, THE OTHER SAID BECAUSE i AM DIABETIC TYPE TWO DUE TO WEIGHT HAD33 SURGERIES FROM A POLICE CAR WRECK THEY WONT DO THE BAND SO DO IGIVE UP AND PREPARE TO DIE? i HAVE TO HAVE THIS, PLEASSE HELP!! eail me at dave@davesrite.com I lost 31 pounds on my own and wegh 330 all my other drs cardiologist weight dr I am getting colonoscopy in two weeks. "Im no lazy the artificial knees and shoulders limit excercise please help I do not want to die dr welborn and dr baker are who i have asked
big dave

Vilonia, AR

#14 Jan 20, 2013
I HAVE MEDICARE AND ONE DOCTOR SAYS HE ONLY ACCEPTS NEW MEDICARE PATIENTS ONE OR TWO EVERY SIX MONTHS, THE OTHER SAID BECAUSE i AM DIABETIC TYPE TWO DUE TO WEIGHT HAD33 SURGERIES FROM A POLICE CAR WRECK THEY WONT DO THE BAND SO DO IGIVE UP AND PREPARE TO DIE? i HAVE TO HAVE THIS, PLEASSE HELP!! eail me at dave@davesrite.com I lost 31 pounds on my own and wegh 330 all my other drs cardiologist weight dr I am getting colonoscopy in two weeks. "Im no lazy the artificial knees and shoulders limit excercise please help I do not want to die dr welborn and dr baker are who i have asked
big dave

Vilonia, AR

#16 Jan 21, 2013
ATTENTION WARRIOR:(with respect) Maybe you did not read that I had 33 surgeries from a police car wreck going to assist a family disturbance that may have been someone related to you. I eat 1200 calories a day but due to artificial shoulders and knees, this Fatty as you eleganty described me is not able to do traditional excercises and what equipment I had was destroyed in a tornado that nearly took all of our lives-anyway I hardly feel your hurtful statements can be applied to all fatties. This fatty would have been the first to run into your house if someone was holding you at gunpoint and risk his own life to save yours. I know that is dramatic, but it is true. I worked two jobs to get by and so my son could go to college. DId you you ever have a health issue that was beyond your control but you you never would give up because you wanted to see your children grow into adults? I realize there are people who say things with limited thought or in jest regardless of the consequences they bestow upon others. Let me ask you this, if you are married and your child gets cancer, do you want people to make broad statements like that kid needs to eat when they are physically dying inside? The last think I really needed to see from you was a remark that just made my heart sink, there is this thing called extenuating circumstances and also something called genetics you might consider. Please know I never would wish cancer on you, a famly member or even your worst enemy, so this version of cancer we live through which is not in all cases fork to mouth disease, should be treated with a little more sensitivity. I know there are people who do what you say, but I and many like me have issues that prevent us from gaining much ground. All I want is to see my son get his Anasthesia Program finished and see him marry and hopefully a few grand kids, I do not choose to be the dad that is an embarrassment to his family because of his six foot 330 pounds, This is a horrible reality. I do not drink soda, eat out or over eat, the truth is the diabetic meds make you hungry but I fight that off because I have goals, I worked in television and radio since I moved out at age 15, I dont want pity, just sound medical advice and a chance to get it done. I save every dime towards that goal. Please say something kind if you wish, or if you cannot, then I will fight my battles alone, but I could always use a little more encouragement. I wish you and your family the best in all you do, great health and a happy life, You are blessed, enjoy it, but do not take others misery and make it a joke .. Please? Respectfully, Dave
Big Dave

United States

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Warrior. Sure I have heard of paragraphs just don't waste them on people who have no conscience or compassion. Obviously I'm walking all four acres every day my artificial knees allow it. I don't recall asking for your pity or your condemnation. In this world, positive encouragement goes a lot farther than your name calling and obvious desire to show what you are not just by calling yourself warrior. In theilotary and as a cop I was a warrior. Life's circumstances are different for each person. Just do the world a favor. Do not reproduce. We need human beings to occupy this planet. Check the mirror. I'm sure in your mind you'll see perfection. The person you see in the mirror is pure hateful and without any feelings. I will get to my goal despite my disabilities and I will be back at a full time job. And I'll never like you, pretend to be a warrior. Find a new screen name. I'll let you choose it when you figure out just how "small" of a person you really are. I'll pray for your soul and pray your family forgives your inability to have empathy. Good luck with that. I have succeeded in my mission to get to the destination I have sought. You m friend. Have no where to go. You will always be bitter and lonely at the bottom. I won't repost not follow yours. But I wish you a much better life than apparently you currently have. For me? At least I am trying. And I don't give up because someone who needs paragraphs to understand a conversation can't comprehend anything. Ask a friend to read this to you. Of you still have any. Goodbye and good luck adjusting to a society that genuinely wants to encourage everyone to do their best.
I Agree

El Dorado, AR

#20 Jan 24, 2013
Cheese wrote:
I had mine done in Shreveport LA (im in El Dorado), so cant help with a LR doctor. I wanted to encourage you and let you know it's been a life changing point in my life and I would recommend it 100%.
Sheveport is the "ONLY" place to go. I from EL DO 2.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheeeeees Baaaaaack 2 hr guest 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr femiguy 19,945
To JDG, my princess Jas Mon BlueeyedRY 1
Shawn Hyde (Nov '12) May 29 best guest 17
Anyone know of a custom cowboy boot maker in Ce... (Oct '09) May 29 tracer 3
Birth Mom searching for her adopted May 28 Anonymous 1
Attorney May 26 Really 4
More from around the web

Little Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]