More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.
Comments
7,221 - 7,240 of 9,827 Comments Last updated Wednesday
I Know

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

Judged:

It's happening every where not just not in Beebe Ar. I don't know if the earth quakes & gas leaks would be the cause of bird drop or not. I think corbin area has lots of mine entrances. Didn't hear of any fire crackers at Corbin. I didn't study the thread I was just passing through.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you enjoy your elk meatloaf and choke on an elk bone! Then instead of burying you they can just throw you outside in the yard for he black birds to discard of your body! Hope that was on topic enough for you....
Yes, that was pretty good, except for the part where you wished me dead. That wasn't very nice of you. I have never wished death on you, even though you are a liberal, and you kill sparrows and meadowlarks. BTW, meadowlarks ARE blackbirds, so this post is very much on topic.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

I Know wrote:
It's happening every where not just not in Beebe Ar. I don't know if the earth quakes & gas leaks would be the cause of bird drop or not. I think corbin area has lots of mine entrances. Didn't hear of any fire crackers at Corbin. I didn't study the thread I was just passing through.
It's happening everywhere? I have not yet seen any blackbirds falling out of the sky in Michigan.
I Know

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

See, you don't know every thing after all. Bird: an ugly chick from Liverpool.
I Know

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Haiwatha you should grab some hogs & jalapeno & head on up to Michican ,seems like they need some body to eat 15000 mute swans before 2020.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was pretty good, except for the part where you wished me dead. That wasn't very nice of you. I have never wished death on you, even though you are a liberal, and you kill sparrows and meadowlarks. BTW, meadowlarks ARE blackbirds, so this post is very much on topic.
I have never wished a dove pooped on your head even though you are a mamby pamby LIBERAL! I think I am going to shoot two black birds today in your honor!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I have never wished a dove pooped on your head even though you are a mamby pamby LIBERAL! I think I am going to shoot two black birds today in your honor!
Nice. Just like a commom liberal criminal. No regard for the law or anyone but yourself. True conservatives have respect for the law and the wildlife.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nice. Just like a commom liberal criminal. No regard for the law or anyone but yourself. True conservatives have respect for the law and the wildlife.
I just went to Wal mart and bought a case of number 7 12 guage shells. Im gonna blast some blackbirds & crows. They have been rading my food plots & deer feeders. Its legal because there (about to) cause damage. On another note the birds are confused about the seasons.some of my chickens went to setting. and I have pigeons that are setting. And a bluebird is nesting in the bird house on the clothsline pole. My ducks & geese are laying eggs also? and the trees are well into the fall colors in NE Ar.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I just went to Wal mart and bought a case of number 7 12 guage shells. Im gonna blast some blackbirds & crows. They have been rading my food plots & deer feeders. Its legal because there (about to) cause damage. On another note the birds are confused about the seasons.some of my chickens went to setting. and I have pigeons that are setting. And a bluebird is nesting in the bird house on the clothsline pole. My ducks & geese are laying eggs also? and the trees are well into the fall colors in NE Ar.
Food plots and deer feeders? In other words, you put out food for wildlife, and when wildbirds come to eat it, you kill them? Not cool, Churm.

I seen on the weather channel yesterday the Ozarks are patchy to near peak in some areas. Here's hoping they can hang on a bit longer.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I shot three of them, two died instantly the other fluttered off. It is legal here. I will shoot two a day in honor of you!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I shot three of them, two died instantly the other fluttered off. It is legal here. I will shoot two a day in honor of you!
One fluttered off to get several million friends. I hope 2 million blackbirds poop on you, and on your dinner when you're not looking.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

<quoted text>
Food plots and deer feeders? In other words, you put out food for wildlife, and when wildbirds come to eat it, you kill them? Not cool, Churm.
I seen on the weather channel yesterday the Ozarks are patchy to near peak in some areas. Here's hoping they can hang on a bit longer.
Yes when the black birds & crows come we kill them. and we also kill the deer turkeys & squirril that come too. we eat those deer turkey & squirril. I shot a yellow cat with my 22 today it leaped four feet into the air and ran off to die.
Whut

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

I found your cat it was delicious
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
One fluttered off to get several million friends. I hope 2 million blackbirds poop on you, and on your dinner when you're not looking.
Funny how you mention that! I got up this morning and there were literally dozens of them on the grass in my back yard. I got the BB gun and slipped it through the window and started picking those little things off one at a time. You should have seen the way they looked around and hopped over to their fellow comrade as I sent him to the great bird heavan in the sky! What FUN!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

I took out six more of those dirty grakels this morning!
oh no

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

216 Elite wrote:
Of note to you asleep "Negroes" who can't see or hear anything....
Notice the "return" of their fictional "jesus" has been phrophesied falsely to you christianized and brainwashed arabidized pisslamic sheeple every era when their false phrophets and white washing theologians pimp their slave tooled religions to you in these "churches" and "mosques".....
Their dates and fictional fairy tale con artist characters have never been accurate or true.
December 25th is false,their calenders and astronomical mathmatics/sciences are off, because they are off and a false artificial people, with nothing of their own...... their pale skin blue eyed so-called "olive" skinned "jesus" doesn't exist, never has, and name was never "Christ", nor was these so-called teachings called "christianity, which is a copy of the ancient egyptian mythology:
The History Of The Bible As Intellectual Warfare:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =568Ee7Y5NIsXX&feature=rel ated
Dec. 21 is the actual return of the "Black" Man And "Black" Wombman(Horus- "ALL SEEING "EYE"), the gods and goddesses made in the image of the one true creator, all knowing, all seeing(EYE), and divine judger through the black man and black wombman of this earth......
Why do you think Dec 21 is pointed to in the ancient world.....wy do you think these celestial events occur on Dec 21.....lol....smh.....you asleep fools better wake up fast
The Kemetic(Mayan)Calender: Dec 21 2012
http://kemetichistoryofafrikabluelotus.blogsp...
MA'AT
after reading that i feel beeter about sleeping with my sister. you are stupid!
Truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

It was caused by swamp gas. They hit a stagnant cloud of it and died.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Truth wrote:
It was caused by swamp gas. They hit a stagnant cloud of it and died.
Nope, I shot them all!
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, I shot them all!
Then you have more money for shells than you have sense. lol
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2012

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have more money for shells than you have sense. lol
That was funny!

These black birds are smarter than they look. I only took two of them this morning. Not as many hanging out around here since I started depleting the population.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Little Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. moutos, miller and batres @ AR fertility an... (Mar '11) 13 min RSS 42
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 21 min Speller Feller 29,496
Tommy St John of Cave City 3 hr Johnson 6
massage 3 hr Johnson 3
Hit-and-run suspect caught; charged with murder 3 hr Betsvet-her grand... 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Mike Brown High C... 18,762
Review: Roll Out (Aug '11) 8 hr Guy down the street 32

Search the Little Rock Forum:
•••
•••
Little Rock Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Little Rock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••