wondering

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Is this a good place? My husband is in some trouble because of drugs and I think he really needs rehab instead of prison. Would this be a good option for him? I've never heard of this place. Just wondering if maybe somebody had been there and could tell me about it.
Sincerely

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2012

Judged:

My husband was sent there from his Conway P.O. and they are very strict and it helped him tremendously. They get to the why of the abuse and/or addiction which is the only way to overcome it.
wondering

Berryville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Is it pretty expensive?
The Inside scoop

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

I have personally been there. It was very strict and it had other addicts teaching addicts. They are willing to accept you into the program but than once you sign into the program they become all about money. If for some reason you cant pay at that given time they threaten you with making you leave and calling whoever sent you there. I would think about going to another place before signing into that place. Believe me when I say it. The place is a dump on the inside and you would be better off never going there and picking a different one. Thanks.
wondering

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

The Inside scoop wrote:
I have personally been there. It was very strict and it had other addicts teaching addicts. They are willing to accept you into the program but than once you sign into the program they become all about money. If for some reason you cant pay at that given time they threaten you with making you leave and calling whoever sent you there. I would think about going to another place before signing into that place. Believe me when I say it. The place is a dump on the inside and you would be better off never going there and picking a different one. Thanks.
Thank you for being honest. That is hat I was afraid of
REALLY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Whatever you do DON'T ever send anyone you love to this place. You will be sorry if you do.
wondering

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

is there any good ones?
he-lo

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

People are going to have opinions about everything. Good ones and bad ones. Gyst house has been around for like 30 years so they have to be doing something right.
Living Sober

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

Thanks he-lo, you are right! GYST House saved my life. If you want your loved one to live or if you want to live....Nothing is worse than what is already going on. We have problems with being responsible and GYST House shows you how to become responsible; we have developed so many negative behaviors and bad attitudes b/c of our drug use and that all I ever knew. I thank God for GYST House because I not only have my life but I have my family who loves and respects me. Honestly nothing worth having for a lifetime is ever going to come easy....my addiction taught me that. It was not an easy task to get and stay high every day. So to 'The Inside Scoop' I pray you are still clean but it sounds like you resented having to do the work it takes to live a successful & happy drug free life. I thank God I stuck it out [3 1/2 yrs] b/c I wouldn't be enjoying the life I have today!!!!!
NO WAY

Grenada, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Oh my gosh do not go there. They make you set on a milk crate and curse you. Turn around here MF. I remember a group where they were harassing a guy because of his sexuality.
The only people who this place helps are those who have made up their mind that they want a change. The groups are ran by the residents of the house. The Out Patient house is located in a crack neighborhood. RCA is a good program I hear. Conway Probation and Parole just refused to send someone I know there. Good Luck in your recovery.
So wrong

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

My husband spent 9 months there and they are extremely strict which is needed and the people running it are former addicts. In our opinion that helps, I mean would you want someone preaching to you about addiction who knows nothing about it? There success rate is very good. They expect you to work at Gyst house and outside of Gyst house so that when you leave you can be productive. Of course they want their payment why wouldn't they it teaches you responsiblity to get a job and make your payments on time.
James j

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I am a past family member of gyst house from 1990. In those 22 yrs. Because of gyst , my wife and I are on our way back to Dallas to be a family again. God bless gyst house.
Worried Husband

Bismarck, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

My wife and her mother picked out the Gyst House. I didnt look at any reviews myself, only asked her thousands of questions. In my heart I knew that if her and her mom picked this place out that it was fine. Her mother is a worry freak and would usually be upset about something way before me. I called today and was told that there was no staff there until Monday. So then I was scared. The worst things were going through my head. So I start looking for reviews to make me feel better. Only I find this. I am so scared right now. I cant ask her myself if they are treating her alright. I couldn't even ask a staff member
concerned relative

Bismarck, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Unless u want to come out thinking of ending ur life do no go there hoorible place is a dump the website lies no doctors no activities no coffee the staff memebers are paroles and cons the make u wash cars ten hours a day seven days a week and the only nurse there lost her license a long time ago
Worried Husband

Bismarck, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Everything this place claims to offer is a lie. There are no activities, no doctors, no counselors, no nurses, no help, only work. You work at a car wash 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. When you get back you eat and then clean the bedroom(and yes everyone sleeps in the same room), kitchen, and bathroom. The only drink you're allowed to have is the slightly yellow tap water, and all of the food served is cold. The photo must be 30 years old, because the place looks nothing like that in person and the inside is just as trashy. If you decide this place isn't for you they won't let you use a phone. They turned my wife out onto the street in the middle of Little Rock, AR. I had given her $35 for washing clothes and vending(funny, they have no vending machines)and they refused to return it. These people are thieves. There is no security EVER, and no staff at all on the weekends. They are left to run around under the supervision of "another member of the program". This place isn't safe for anyone, especially a woman. It is a law suit waiting to happen. Do NOT send anyone to this place.
Former Sister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

I was there as a inpatient court ordered for a positive test for mary jane. Wow was this place hell! They take all ur money hardly leaving any to take care of your kids. Wasnt the place for someone who is a real mother. They told me i wasnt a good mom wow coming from former addicts. Dont waste ur time here its better means.
Former Sister

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

he-lo wrote:
People are going to have opinions about everything. Good ones and bad ones. Gyst house has been around for like 30 years so they have to be doing something right.
JUST BECAUSE THEYVE BEEN THERE 30 YRS DONT MAKE EM RIGHT. POLITIONS AND CONGRESS BEEN RAPING AMERICA FOREVER ALSO!!!
ofm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Wow I've been reading these commits and I'm here to defendants the Gyst house. Gyst house saves lives its only for those who want something different. Its not a mental health or daycare for hopefeinds. This is behavioral modification. Lot of people are looking for the easier softer way Gyst house confronts people on their behavior wow the truth hurts. Its a clean place that has vending machines and has plenty of food and great cooks I know I've prepared many of meal served hott and even seconds. If you want to save your life and get on top of your behaviors and get linked to the process of recovery this is the best place. Signed ofm
hmmmm

Cabot, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Ioop
Worried Mother

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2014

I have to agree with worried husband. I took my 19 year old son there for help. Not long after I left he walked away from the place because he was nervous and unsure as a lot of addicts are. When he called me to come back I had no way of getting back there. He tried to go back and what was best. This was 11:00 at night. His brother called to see if they had let him come back. The man from this place said he went and looked outside to see if he could find my son. Told us that he couldn't find him anywhere. In the mean time my son had walked somewhere and called me on my cell phone telling me the man had run him off the property and threatened to call the police on him if he came back. So the man was lying to my other son not knowing I was on the phone with my child that needed help. We do not know anybody down there and live 2 hours away. They could careless about what happens to anybody there. Needless to say my 19 year old was on the street in the middle of the night with nowhere to go and no way to get home. Yeah....thanks a lot Gyst House. Please please don't send your loved ones there. It's hard enough for addicts to admit they need help. It's things that happen like this that makes it even harder for them. They really think no one cares then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Little Rock Forum right now

Search the Little Rock Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 53 min age limit 28,746
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Crazy 934
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Cool-Hand-Luke 18,501
anyone lmow amanda ragsdale? 5 hr gonza 2
lookin to find some pot Sat Spirit67_ 5
Looking For Gangbang Girls (Nov '10) Jul 10 McBlake 21
allyson kelley anyone know anything about her a... (Sep '13) Jul 9 Tony Cooke 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Little Rock Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••