Arkansas Medical Marijuana Vote Nov. 6th

Aug 23, 2012 Full story: www.therepublic.com 202

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. Election officials on Wednesday approved placing a proposal to legalize medical marijuana on the November ballot, as supporters aimed to make Arkansas the first southern state to approve the drug for some conditions.

The secretary of state's office said Arkansans for Compassionate Care turned in enough signatures to qualify the proposed initiated act for the November ballot. The proposal needed at least 62,507 signatures from registered voters to qualify. The secretary of state's office said it had verified more than 69,000 signatures from the group.

The group fell short in the number of signatures needed last month, but it was given additional time to circulate petitions.

Seventeen states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana in some form, and backers said they hoped to make Arkansas the first southern state to approve the use of the drug for some medical conditions.

"I don't think Arkansans are any different from those other states," said Ryan Denham, the group's campaign director. "This campaign comes down to compassion. It's about never letting someone choose between suffering and breaking the law again. We're building up some momentum."

The proposal would allow Arkansans with qualifying conditions to purchase marijuana from nonprofit dispensaries with a doctor's recommendation. Qualifying conditions include cancer, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS and Alzheimer's disease. The proposal also would allow qualifying patients or a designated caregiver to grow marijuana if the patient lives more than five miles away from a dispensary.

The proposal acknowledges that marijuana is illegal under federal law.

No group has organized yet to campaign against the measure, but many of the state's top elected officials have said they're opposed to legalizing marijuana. The Arkansas Family Council, a conservative group, immediately said it was considering challenging the legality of the measure in court.

Full Story
Biff Malibu

Jacksonville, AR

#43 Sep 21, 2012
Biff Malibu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a hippie, I have advanced college degrees, and am a registered Republican and I'm voting for it.
Fixed my typos.

Since: May 12

Paragould, AR

#44 Sep 22, 2012
I would like to say thank you all for your support remember only you can change your stars. If any of you have any doubts about the truth about Medical Marijuana please take a few minutes out of your busy schedules and click the link below Love Light and Peace to all humanity.

&fe ature=share&list=PL37C2795 0D1598E43
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#45 Sep 23, 2012
guest wrote:
Please enlighten us as to how you accomplish this.
<quoted text>
I am a democrat and I use my names several names just in different order. It's not really lying!

Paragould, AR

#46 Sep 23, 2012
You are such a f u c k i n g liar.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#47 Sep 23, 2012
Biff Malibu wrote:
<quoted text>
It can stay in a person's system for days, weeks, or months after use. Did you mean under the influence possibly? I agree with an employer not wanting employees to come to work under the inflence of whatever, but as long as it's done away from the job and is not impacting their work performance, it's none of their business.
You hire into a company with a zero drug tolerance and you are tested before final clearance.You then get a booklet with the zero tolerance policy S P E L L E D out very clearly. You then sign a statement that you fully understand said policy. What you do on your time is your business but having MJ in your system in any form on company premises,on company time,or in company vehicles is the companies business. You know the rules,you break the rules,you get fired. Plain and simple. If you insist on being a stoner, don't pursue employment in a place that has a drug policy. Getting fired and having a "drug related dismissal" on your permanent record could hurt your chances of a good job down the road after you grow out of the adolescent defiant mode. Smirk if you want but reality is just reality. Peace!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#48 Sep 23, 2012
guest wrote:
You are such a f u c k i n g liar.
Wait and see douche bag!
true

West Liberty, KY

#49 Sep 23, 2012
I hope the yes votes win in every state.Pot also cures most types of cancer from the oil just by eating it..
true

West Liberty, KY

#50 Sep 23, 2012
Jack wrote:
Its Stupid to even think about letting this be legal. OMG the problems it will create. Lets go with Keep Arkansas trash camp. that's what it will reflect as!
I bet if a loved one of yours took cancer you would wish you had it to cure them of there cancer.Dont be dumb vote yes and help save lifes.Would you use it on a loved one to save there life or to make there live better?I would hope you would.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#51 Sep 23, 2012
true wrote:
I hope the yes votes win in every state.Pot also cures most types of cancer from the oil just by eating it..
Cures cancer? Your brain is running low on cells. MJ can mask the effects of chemo and radiation from cancer treatment but whoever told you it CURES cancer knows they have someone that would believe anything thrown at them. Wise up!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#52 Sep 23, 2012
Liquid Death in a Bottle wrote:
<quoted text>Yo ThomasA, I'm gonna vote yes, and there is nothing you can do about it..........BLAAHAHAhahaha!!
The stoners could really rejoice at being able to go down a buy a bag, but wait, the Feds have stepped in and taxed the weed at 50-60 % just like liquor and started arresting home growers and treating them like moonshiners and putting them in Federal prison instead of a slap on the wrist from the locals. You may not like what you get after all.
popo watching you

Paragould, AR

#53 Sep 23, 2012
PaPabear06 wrote:
I would like to say thank you all for your support remember only you can change your stars. If any of you have any doubts about the truth about Medical Marijuana please take a few minutes out of your busy schedules and click the link below Love Light and Peace to all humanity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =deyeb0EwtvkXX&feature=sha re&list=PL37C27950D1598E43
seen you on tv the other night with your wife,how much you wanta bet the police will be watching you good luck sucker.
tre

West Liberty, KY

#54 Sep 24, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Cures cancer? Your brain is running low on cells. MJ can mask the effects of chemo and radiation from cancer treatment but whoever told you it CURES cancer knows they have someone that would believe anything thrown at them. Wise up!
It is a proven fact that pot has cured all types of cancer by eating the oil from pot.Look it up on the net for i dont expect you to belive me but it is verry true.
true

West Liberty, KY

#55 Sep 24, 2012
while being treated with pot oil for cancer.they do not give you chemo or radiation with it for it is not needed with the pot oil.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#56 Sep 24, 2012
tre wrote:
<quoted text>It is a proven fact that pot has cured all types of cancer by eating the oil from pot.Look it up on the net for i dont expect you to belive me but it is verry true.
LOL! You must have brain cancer to believe that....
Jukebox Hero

Euless, TX

#57 Sep 24, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Cures cancer? Your brain is running low on cells. MJ can mask the effects of chemo and radiation from cancer treatment but whoever told you it CURES cancer knows they have someone that would believe anything thrown at them. Wise up!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/... (4:4)
Hmm

North Little Rock, AR

#58 Sep 24, 2012
Jukebox Hero wrote:
And if you read the article, the levels needed can not be smoked it must be taken by liquid and IV and it's only certain types of cancer.
Hmm

North Little Rock, AR

#59 Sep 24, 2012
If it's so great, why is it that in Los Angeles one of the most liberal cities in the US is shutting down the dispensaries?

It's because they encountered so many issues with people smoking marijuana on the streets, claiming they had a prescription, employers complained they were smoking on the job saying it was medically needed and violated their rights to medical treatments. Dr. Feel goods were writing scripts for every condition, not just the cancer.

Weed is pretty easily grown, all you have to do if you "claim" that you really need it, is have a closet, a grow light and the ability to keep your mouth shut.
Jukebox Hero

Euless, TX

#60 Sep 24, 2012
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you read the article, the levels needed can not be smoked it must be taken by liquid and IV and it's only certain types of cancer.
Now the FDA cant say there is no medicinal value, so there goes the schedule 1 law as soon as someone forces them to take it away. You know they will have to be forced under court order to remove the status because they will never admit that they are wrong. Like it or not, this is a major step towards legalization.

Since: Jun 11

Euless, TX

#61 Sep 24, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
hey Thomas Harvard university did a medical study where they injected 100% thc in a cancer rumor an the cancer was destroyed in 6 hours, also thousand of cancer patients have records showing that oils an edibles do treat cancer better the chemo.

Since: Jun 11

Euless, TX

#62 Sep 24, 2012
I find it funny pol don't want pot legal for medical uses hit are ok with doctors writing prescriptions for painkillers an have friends or family who drink to much or worse drink an drive , if pot is legal in anyway it cuts the black market financially which is good in my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Little Rock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Lugnutz The Holy One 19,591
Your thoughts on Adderol/amphetamine Jan 25 lLP 1
Club Level Jan 24 Christopher 1
Looking for Brendon Wilson and Rodney Brown. Jan 24 guest 1
Dr. Thomas Frazier, Orthopedic Hand Surgeon (Li... Jan 23 GuestJaclyn 2
City to hire a contract lobbyist Jan 23 Wasteful Spending 6
State Rep. Hudson Hallum, 3 Others Plead Guilty... (Sep '12) Jan 22 Guestt 61
Little Rock Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Little Rock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:28 am PST

NFL 6:28AM
Witten: It's 'silly' to think Murray is easily replaceable
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
Jason Witten: Every back couldn't do what DeMarco Murray did this season
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
Bleacher Report 9:39 AM
Murray Will Command Up to $10M Per Year
NBC Sports 9:48 AM
Tony Romo: I have to be better